A proper Merry Christmas!

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Re: A proper Merry Christmas!

Post by RedImperator »

Homemade manicotti and meatballs for dinner over here. There are definite advantages to having an Italian family.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

I went a little bit gourmet for Christmas dinner. We had a antipasti(?) platter for snacking on during the day with fresh bread, summer sausage, herbed goat cheese, European-style butter and a roasted vegetable terrine. Then for the meal I served roasted, rosemary potatoes for a side with a recipe from Michael Symon for the main: a roast rack of lamb with skordalia and watercress/orange salad. Delicious. My family also split a bottle of Sam Adams Infinium after dinner.
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Skgoa
Jedi Master

Post by Skgoa »

We had our first christmas get-together on the saturday before christmas. We had goose and turkey, with potatoes and red cabbage (and of course several sauces ;) ) as side dishes.
On christmas (i.e. the 24th :P ) we had rabit baked in a wine sauce, with dumplings, potatoes and red cabbage as side dishes. The entré was salmon and a special kind of lettuce with a sauce made of teriyaki and honey. The desert was a marzipan parfait with chocolate sauce and egg liqueur.
On the day before christmas (i.e. the 23th) and on the 25th we had goulash.
Today my father (he and his sisters do it in a round robin fashion each year on the 26th) had invited the whole extended family over. We had several different cakes, chips, mini-pretzels... after everyone had left, we had sausages (just warmed up in water) for dinner. Actually, I think I am going to get nother piece of chocolate cake, now. :lol:

All things considered, life is good. :)
http://www.politicalcompass.org/test
Economic Left/Right: -7.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.74

This is pre-WWII. You can sort of tell from the sketch style, from thee way it refers to Japan (Japan in the 1950s was still rebuilding from WWII), the spelling of Tokyo, lots of details. Nothing obvious... except that the upper right hand corner of the page reads "November 1931." --- Simon_Jester