SHROOM - The Official Trailer

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Re: SHROOM - The Official Trailer

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

What was wrong with Avatar (James Cameron's version), Stardust or Kung Fu Panda? Stardust had a big name cast (DeNiro and Pfeiffer) and its story was made by a very good writer (Gaiman). Kung Fu Panda also had a big cast, was pretty nicely done, and it wasn't just another shit CGI animal movie (since it was actually ridiculous).
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
ShadowDragon8685
Village Idiot

Post by ShadowDragon8685 »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:What was wrong with Avatar (James Cameron's version), Stardust or Kung Fu Panda? Stardust had a big name cast (DeNiro and Pfeiffer) and its story was made by a very good writer (Gaiman). Kung Fu Panda also had a big cast, was pretty nicely done, and it wasn't just another shit CGI animal movie (since it was actually ridiculous).
Nothing was wrong with them! Why do you think I rented them? :)

It's just that they're kind of the kind of movies I'd be embarrassed to admit to anybody I know IRL I wanted to watch. Hence, guilty pleasures.
CaptainChewbacca wrote:Dude...

Way to overwork a metaphor Shadow. I feel really creeped out now.
I am an artist, metaphorical mind-fucks are my medium.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Avatar's a guilty pleasure enjoyed by a huge number of people then.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Everyone's guilty. :P

Also, everyone also liked Kung Fu Panda, though I don't think many ever saw Stardust, not because it was bad but because it's just kinda obscure and/or didn't get huge promotions or advertisements so nobody heard of it at all (sad to say).
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
ShadowDragon8685
Village Idiot

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Everyone's guilty. :P
Well, yeah. Just like having a good wank. Great movies, even if I can't help but feel that Avatar is only going to have a bad ultimate ending.*
Also, everyone also liked Kung Fu Panda, though I don't think many ever saw Stardust, not because it was bad but because it's just kinda obscure and/or didn't get huge promotions or advertisements so nobody heard of it at all (sad to say).
Yeah, that is a shame. I first caught it on-demand, and I thought it was awesome. Then a recent Real Life comic reminded me about it.

*The Navi are, ultimately, not technologically inclined. Even with the human science team and Avatar pilots remaining at the mine fully committed on their side, there's precisely jack and shit that they could do about being nuked from orbit. Earth wants Unobtanium, they don't particularly care for the local biosphere; and since they have to wear protective gear to go outside anyway, they might as well just upgrade to full hazmat gear and accelerate some rocks at Pandora or just glass it.

They don't, after all, need the natives to get their uberrock.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Or maybe Space America retreats because the goddamn hippies spit on returning RDA mercenaries and call them baby killers? And after that, the President of Space America, Richard Spacehaus Nixon, gets impeached? And the defeat at Pandora is a demoralizing blow to the American military machismo, and then all the goddamn space hippies celebrate and smoke pot? Then Vietna'vinese boat people flood the coastlines? And then we get to see images of the US military having to bulldozer spaceships off its aircraft carriers? Then the VietNa'vi win and like Jake Sully thanks his Space KGB advisors from the Space Soviet Union, and like there are hordes of American POWs shot down by Space Soviet-Vietna'vi surface-to-air missiles, and they're kept in Pandora Hilton along with young Space McCain, and then this can be the premise of a Space Rambo movie sequel where Space Rambo compensates for the limp-dicked emasculation of those milwanking bunch of pussies by going to Vietna'vinam and killing some Vietna'vi Space Charlies with exploding arrows? Then the Vietna'vi beat the crap out of Space McCain and stuff when Space McCain refuses to confess on TV or some shit? Then Space Forrest Gump can have a part of the movie wherein Space Forrest Gump runs around in Vietna'vinam and the Vietna'vi blow off Space Lieutenant Dan's legs off. Then maybe Space Martin Sheen will get sent on a mission in a PT boat to kill a morbidly obese Space Marlon Brando who's gone native and is being revered as a god by the Vietna'vinese? Maybe US military/RDA soldiers who were stationed in South Vietna'vinam were all a bunch of fur fug xenophiles and they ended up having sex with Vietna'vi prostitutes who made love long time or something. Sucky-sucky yum-yum.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Sucky-sucky yum-yum.
Shhh.

What really happened an hour after the ending of Avatar was that the Mercenaries and Company now safely ensconced on the ISV Venture Star rotated it so that the main drive pointed towards Pandora and turned it on.

They then returned to colonize the burned out husk of a rock. Besides, it wasn't like they torched an earth-like world; as you needed a O2 mask anyway. 8)
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
phred
Jedi Knight

Post by phred »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Then maybe Space Martin Sheen will get sent on a mission in a PT boat to kill a morbidly obese Space Marlon Brando who's gone native and is being revered as a god by the Vietna'vinese?
Hey JakeSully couldn't help getting morbidly obese! it was a defect in the genetic engineering of his body! That poor bird though...
"Siege warfare, French for spawn camp" WTYP podcast

It's so bad it wraps back around to awesome then back to bad again, then back to halfway between awesome and bad. Like if ed wood directed a godzilla movie - Duckie
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Snyder has described the film as "Alice in Wonderland with machine guns", including dragons, B-52 bombers and brothels.
Pfft. I saw rocket-engine-augmented B-25s. No B-52s. It's completely different! :P

Also a DR-I.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

MKSheppard wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:Sucky-sucky yum-yum.
Shhh.

What really happened an hour after the ending of Avatar was that the Mercenaries and Company now safely ensconced on the ISV Venture Star rotated it so that the main drive pointed towards Pandora and turned it on.

They then returned to colonize the burned out husk of a rock. Besides, it wasn't like they torched an earth-like world; as you needed a O2 mask anyway. 8)
I'm just going to nitpick here and say that Venus is considered earth-like, technically speaking.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
ShadowDragon8685
Village Idiot

MKSheppard wrote:
Shhh.

While there's no telling if the ISV Venture Star's drives are capable of educating the Na'vi in the Kzinti Lesson, that's essentially the point: if you have star-drive and the guys you want to conquer/annihilate do not, as long as the world they have isn't a world you absolutely need to have a biosphere and/or to have any current structures remaining, you will win if you want it bad enough. According to the Pandorapedia word-of-god, the cruising speed of the vessels that make the round trip is 0.7c - 70% of light speed.

Not quite the speed where you can use cones of tin-foil as weapons, but a nice big sabot of something nice and dense and relatively available - Osmium, for example - in the range of, say, 30 meters' spherical. I did some calculating.

It's certainly very imprecise for many reasons; Pandora has air which is twice as thick as Earth's, but it's also much smaller with lower gravity; apparently the air is held in primarily by magnetic force (don't ask. It'll make your brain hurt. Magical space rocks are magic, let's move on.) However, it's safe to say that your entire neighborhood is fucked if they plant one of those anywhere in your vicinity*. The air blast will arrive sooner and harder on Pandora, thanks to that thicker atmosphere, and this thing is calculating 90% of trees knocked down at 1,000Km; to say nothing of the thermal radiation release.

*Vicinity defined as "hemisphere" for this purpose.

It seems pretty clear that this kind of thing would absolutely wipe out the native life in a huge radius around where it hits, and almost certainly precipitate unwholesome repercussions everywhere from the amount of ejecta kicked up.

Sure, in the aftermath the miners would definitely have to wear heavy protective gear. On the plus side, security concerns are going to be limited to making sure Drunk Dan the mining engineer doesn't get rowdy and beat up Sober Sue the computer tech.
Last edited by ShadowDragon8685 on 2010-08-04 04:07am, edited 1 time in total.

General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

What does any of that have to do with my point? For fuck's sake learn how to use the quote function if you're talking to someone else.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
ShadowDragon8685
Village Idiot

General Zod wrote:What does any of that have to do with my point? For fuck's sake learn how to use the quote function if you're talking to someone else.
I was planning to reply to you as well, then it got lost there when all I could think was "what the heck is he talking about, saying Venus is Earthlike? Oh well," and I forgot to remove the relevant you-quote.

Spaz. :P So... What did you mean by "Venus is Earthlike", anyway?

General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

ShadowDragon8685 wrote: So... What did you mean by "Venus is Earthlike", anyway?
Try reading the entire post for once and you might be able to figure it out.
Bug-Eyed Earl
Jedi Master

Post by Bug-Eyed Earl »

I heard a report from Comic Con that Snyder said on the panel for this movie that this was also his chance to prove he's not gay after 300.
BotM Cybertronian