Bruce Willis vs... Bruce Willis?!

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Who's the last man standing?

Korben Dallas - The Fifth Element (1997)
51%
The Jackal - The Jackal (1997)
5%
Tom Greer - Surrogates (2009)
2%
John McClane - Die Hard (2007)
34%
John Smith - Last Man Standing (1996)
2%
Joe Hallenbeck - The Last Boy Scout (1991)
2%
Other Bruce? (Specify)
6%

Total votes: 65

Bob the Gunslinger
Has not forgotten the face of his father

Re: Bruce Willis vs... Bruce Willis?!

Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

At least you didn't mention Chuck Norris...

Does Korban Dallas even get hurt at all in The 5th Element? If not, isn't he then the anti-John McLane?
"Gunslinger indeed. Quick draw, Bob. Quick draw." --Count Chocula

"Unquestionably, Dr. Who is MUCH lighter in tone than WH40K. But then, I could argue the entirety of WWII was much lighter in tone than WH40K." --Broomstick

"This is ridiculous. I look like the Games Workshop version of a Jedi Knight." --Harry Dresden, Changes

"Like...are we canonical?" --Aaron Dembski-Bowden to Dan Abnett
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

:lol: I just watched The 5th Element at lunch, well at least part of it. He gets his clothes messed up and that's about it. I'm sure he has some ear damage from listening to Ruby Rod though. :D

McClane takes it though. He has shown that he can work alone or with help, where Dallas has only shown he can win with help.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Lusankya
ChiCom

Post by Lusankya »

Isn't Ruby Rod "anti-help" or something, though? winning with anti-help is even tougher than winning with help.
"I would say that the above post is off-topic, except that I'm not sure what the topic of this thread is, and I don't think anybody else is sure either."
- Darth Wong
Free Durian - Last updated 27 Dec
"Why does it look like you are in China or something?" - havokeff
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

I gave it to the Jackal. His best ability is disguise himself as someone else not involved in the combat, and then just pick his moment to get the last one standing.
Themightytom wrote:I see we aren't going to include Harry Stamper and his skill with a big wrench..
Or that thing he uses to strangle William Fichtner.

Though I dare say the power of Willis in Armageddon was based on awesome ensemble power, thus it is inadmissible here.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Oh gawd Armageddon makes me cry every time. :(
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Havok wrote:Oh gawd Armageddon makes me cry every time. :(
Powerful bromantic performances. Even Ben Affleck couldn't wuss it up.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Damn, in retrospect giving Dallas an annoying and noisy Ruby Rod would have made a good weakness when writing the OP. The Jackal would have had a field day since everyone will hear them coming from miles away.
Lusankya wrote:Isn't Ruby Rod "anti-help" or something, though? winning with anti-help is even tougher than winning with help.
Speaking of anti-help, funniest part of the movie at 4:00 to 4:50 :lol:
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Lusankya wrote:Isn't Ruby Rod "anti-help" or something, though? winning with anti-help is even tougher than winning with help.
But he also gets supersexy superhuman zombie-killing machine Milla Jovovich tagging along, so it evens out. I mean, man, her nipples! :P
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Sam Or I
Jedi Council Member

Post by Sam Or I »

I would say that Dallas would most likely win.

But an honorable mention would be John Hartigan from Sin City. Maybe a little older, and he has a bad ticker, he makes up for it in pure will power. Plus I would hate to be the guy that looses to him.
Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Post by Themightytom »

wautd wrote:Damn, in retrospect giving Dallas an annoying and noisy Ruby Rod would have made a good weakness when writing the OP. The Jackal would have had a field day since everyone will hear them coming from miles away.
Speaking of anti-help, funniest part of the movie at 4:00 to 4:50 :lol:
I'm a fan of 5:17 to 5:36

"Since when is "the west" a nation?"-Styphon
"ACORN= Cobra obviously." AMT
This topic is... oh Village Idiot. Carry on then.--Havok
Lusankya
ChiCom

Post by Lusankya »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:
But he also gets supersexy superhuman zombie-killing machine Milla Jovovich tagging along, so it evens out. I mean, man, her nipples! :P
But they're in completely different parts of the ship. And Korban is standing at the end while Leeloo isn't. Think about that: he can outlast a perfect being and the most powerful weapon in the universe.
"I would say that the above post is off-topic, except that I'm not sure what the topic of this thread is, and I don't think anybody else is sure either."
- Darth Wong
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Lusy-chan! :P

I think having anti-help really isn't much of an anti-help though, since being with the comedic sidekick character practically assures your survival. John McClane didn't have such an advantage!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Lusankya
ChiCom

Post by Lusankya »

Look, dude. We have to judge their capabilities by what we see on screen, and not by any out of universe knowledge or genre savviness that. This Bruce vs Bruce competition is serious business, and we can't just go around breaking SoD. That would just be wrong and against everything this site stands for. 8)
- Darth Wong
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Then I would say Korben Dallas wins in a real big gunfight. He could kill all those Germans in, like, a split second.

But John McClane is a way bigger asshole though. :P

(Seriously, Korben Dallas is like just some average joe who happens to be a former superspecial forces asskicking commando. But John McClane is a complete asshole.)
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

In the complete arsehole stakes McLane has few rivals. In fact, is there a bigger arsehole hero than him in cinema?
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

John Matrix, from Commando?
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Not even close. Though I will re-watch Commando tonight (it's on TV - right after Octopussy) just to be sure.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Wrong. The whole movie is just an exercise of John Matrix being an asshole. I mean, shit, he's not even threatened or in emotional distraughtness over the desperation of the situation or his marital status and thus obviously using assholery as a coping mechanism for his disgruntledness, unlike John McClane who's just fucking around breaking people's necks and throwing them off cliffs and making one-liner quips while impaling people with steampipes just for the hell of it. :lol:
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Marcus Aurelius
Jedi Master

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Wrong. The whole movie is just an exercise of John Matrix being an asshole. I mean, shit, he's not even threatened or in emotional distraughtness over the desperation of the situation or his marital status and thus obviously using assholery as a coping mechanism for his disgruntledness, unlike John McClane who's just fucking around breaking people's necks and throwing them off cliffs and making one-liner quips while impaling people with steampipes just for the hell of it. :lol:
I don't know about you, but to me all the hero characters played by Steven Seagal appeared like really arrogant assholes. It was not so much what they did or even said, but Seagal's style and mannerisms make them look like complete shitheads.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

That's just Steven Seagal. :lol:
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

I voted for David Addison! He'll just fucking cheese the others to death!
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Anyone remember the list of weapons and vehicles that General Munro said Korben Dallas was an expert in? It was five feet long. :lol:
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

It looks like John McClane had a lot of time to practice, before he changed his name. :D
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Lusankya
ChiCom

Post by Lusankya »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:It looks like John McClane had a lot of time to practice, before he changed his name. :D
To put this into context for people who weren't privy to Shroom and my conversation, this is based on our discovery that Korban Dallas is John McClaine, just a long time into the future when he was still too hardcore to die.

This was based on an Incredibly ScientificTM investigation of Die Hard and The Fifth Element, whereupon it was discovered that both men have the same trick of taping a gun to their back and then whipping it out and shooting the guy with the hostage just when they least expect it, because they think McClaine/Dallas is unarmed. Clearly these two fine gentlemangs are one and the same!
- Darth Wong
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

LUSY-CHAAAAAN makes the most astute observations! I actually have The Fifth Element, in the form of an ancient VCD! I should watch it again! :D
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!