NFL 2011

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Havok
Miscreant

Re: NFL 2011

Post by Havok »

Darth Fanboy wrote:
Havok wrote:I'm still taking Peyton on any given Sunday, including Super Sunday.

Give Peyton the defense and coaching that Eli has had the last six years and he has three more rings and no loss.
Even now if assuming if he's 100% again, because healthy Peyton I will agree with that statement, I wouldn't be willing to make right now until I see him play again.
Being healthy is always the assumption.

"I'll take Peyton ONLY, if he is gonna come in with a neck injury and breaks his leg in the 3rd." Derrrr.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Darth Fanboy wrote:
Elfdart wrote:Bradshaw was one Aaron Hernandez fuckup away from being the goat of this game.
I think the touchdown was more beneficial, especially given the Giants' defense. Go up by 4 or more and force the Patriots to get it into the end zone, even with more time on the clock they still have to go all the way down the field and not just to the 30-35 yard line for a game winning kick. If the Giants were THAT serious about running the clock and going for a field goal they should have taken a knee instead of going up the middle.
Well running up the middle is essentially trying to run time in that situation. Hernandez making the catch however doesn't guarantee anything.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Vaporous
Jedi Knight

Post by Vaporous »

Come, my friends. Drink in the sweet milk of his shame.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Havok wrote: Being healthy is always the assumption.

"I'll take Peyton ONLY, if he is gonna come in with a neck injury and breaks his leg in the 3rd." Derrrr.
But if the injury he has suffered won't allow him to ever get back up to his playing ability he previously demonstrated, it would certainly not be as easy of a decision, which is my point.
Havok wrote:
Well running up the middle is essentially trying to run time in that situation. Hernandez making the catch however doesn't guarantee anything.
It would have bought a few extra seconds and forced the Patriots to use the timeout but if the intent was 100% to kick the field goal and force the Patriots to use the time out I don't think the additional couple of seconds was going to be worth the risk of turning the ball over. Not to mention what was pointed out during the game where the Patriot players were coming to push Bradshaw over the line if need be to stop the clock and get the ball back.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Oh I have to ask.

Elfdart what is the Charger fan reaction?
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
HeadCreeps
Padawan Learner

Post by HeadCreeps »

Vaporous wrote:Come, my friends. Drink in the sweet milk of his shame.
*chop*
I slept through it, but watching the replays, that safety from intentional grounding was just so beautiful.

Nice to see Eli Manning win, as I was hoping for weeks ago.
Hindsight is 24/7.
[/size]
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

well that was painful. and i'm not just talking about Madonna.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Sephirius
Jedi Master

Post by Sephirius »

Patriots only scored 17.

17 = 18-1

IT IS DESTINY.

Saying smaller engines are better is like saying you don't want huge muscles because you wouldn't fit through the door. So what? You can bench 500. Fuck doors. - MadCat360
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

The giants are lucky That Wes Welker decided do his Bill Buckner impression. Had he made that goddamn catch.....
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

The giants are lucky That Wes Welker decided do his Bill Buckner impression. Had he made that goddamn catch.....
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Darth Fanboy wrote:Oh I have to ask.

Elfdart what is the Charger fan reaction?
The consensus of opinion is that Archie Manning was right.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

But yinz still hate Eli Manning for it? Or has it morphed into a "I really don't blame him" sort of thing, that thread you linked to has some definite comedy in it though.

And this comment from that thread made me laugh:
We play in a division where only one division opponent has finished above .500 once in 5 years. It's not like the bar is even set high to get to 8-8.

Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Darth Fanboy wrote:But yinz still hate Eli Manning for it? Or has it morphed into a "I really don't blame him" sort of thing, that thread you linked to has some definite comedy in it though.

And this comment from that thread made me laugh:
We play in a division where only one division opponent has finished above .500 once in 5 years. It's not like the bar is even set high to get to 8-8.
I thought it was douchey of Eli to send his daddy out to say he didn't want to play for the Spanoses, but at this point he was right.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Col. Crackpot wrote:The giants are lucky That Wes Welker decided do his Bill Buckner impression. Had he made that goddamn catch.....
They still would have lost.

Their defense wasn't stopping Manning and Brady doesn't look like Brady anymore.

18-1

and now...

0-2

:D
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Havok wrote:
Col. Crackpot wrote:The giants are lucky That Wes Welker decided do his Bill Buckner impression. Had he made that goddamn catch.....
They still would have lost.

Their defense wasn't stopping Manning and Brady doesn't look like Brady anymore.

18-1

and now...

0-2

:D
they wouldn't have had to. there was 18 seconds left on the clock and he had a clear path to the end zone.

also as someone who watched my team play in 7 superbowls in my life and win 3 of them, my feelings are summed up thusly:

*edit typo
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Oh, and for the record, Gisele was absolutely right.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Awww poor Boston fans. Why don't you uh... do an all time image there Crackpot? :lol:

3-4 in Superbowls isn't exactly something to be proud of if you are going to try to be all smarmy about getting to and winning the game either.

And seriously, who gives a fuck about hockey or basketball? :lol:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

And boy... 2004 sure seems like a looooong time ago. :D
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Eframepilot
Jedi Master

Post by Eframepilot »

Elfdart wrote:Oh, and for the record, Gisele was absolutely right.
It was a shitty pass to Welker. He should have caught it, but Brady should have thrown it better in the first place.

Brady is lucky that the Giants didn't win by exactly one point, or else he would be getting ALL the blame.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Vaporous wrote:Come, my friends. Drink in the sweet milk of his shame.
Tasty. :D

It reminds me of that horribly sad picture of Ron Paul that Uraniun posts every now and then from when he lost an election.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Eframepilot wrote:It was a shitty pass to Welker.
Tough titty -you get your hands on the ball, you have to catch it. Putting it behind Welker was the place he could throw it without getting it picked off.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I dunno about that, IIRC Welker didn't have anyone within 3 yards of him in any direction. Brady could have made it an easier catch on Welker.

That said, abso-fucking-lutely if you get both hands on it you catch it.

Dropped passes played a HUGE role in the playoffs this year. Green Bay, SF, NE... and not just one or two but like 6-8 in some cases. Receivers need to shape the fuck up.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Umm Crackpot the 2001-02 Super Bowl hasn't been part of this decade for about four days now ;)

Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Don't worry, Crackpot. The 2nd one is when you start getting used to it.
Many thanks! These darned computers always screw me up. I calculated my first death-toll using a hand-cranked adding machine (we actually calculated the average mortality in each city block individually). Ah, those were the days.
-Stuart
"Mix'em up. I'm tired of States' Rights."
-Gen. George Thomas, Union Army of the Cumberland
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Yeah but I hear it's not as easy to get used to unless it happens to you two or more times consecutively.