NFL 2012

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Havok
Miscreant

Re: NFL 2012

Post by Havok »

Man, have you ever heard a Superbowl winner whine so much? He is like a Steelers fan up there. :P
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

"Oh, noes, our first game isn't a home game, just like HALF THE OTHER TEAMS IN THE NFL. Woe is meeeeeee."
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Needs more Lohan. And more "You might be a redneck" jokes.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Havok wrote:Man, have you ever heard a Superbowl winner whine so much? He is like a Steelers fan up there. :P
That's strange coming from a member of a fanbase who spent the last two months whining about the refs and them choking in the endzone.

But really, games have been moved before. Why not this? Oh wait, because of a bullshit holiday they played 12 games last season on. Real reason is TV ratings.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Block
Jedi Council Member

Post by Block »

Entitled much? They still get 8 home games.
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

Maybe they should play CLE@BAL in London to make up for it.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Block wrote:Entitled much? They still get 8 home games.
And the reason why the tradition of the SB champ opening the season should be disregarded for BAL only because....?
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

Said tradition going back all of 10 years? Cry mich ein river.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Yeah because this
clearly isn't holding, illegal contact and pass interference. :lol:

Lets count the infractions... Both arms around the receiver. 1. Past the 5 yard no contact line. 2. Ball is clearly in the air. 3. Grabbing the receiver's jersey. 4. Turning the receiver. 5. Defender not looking back for the ball. 6.
But yeah, that's not a penalty at all. :lol:

For this slight against The Football Gods, you open on the road. Quit yer' bitchin'. :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Havok wrote: clearly isn't holding, illegal contact and pass interference. :lol:

Lets count the infractions... Both arms around the receiver. 1. Past the 5 yard no contact line. 2. Ball is clearly in the air. 3. Grabbing the receiver's jersey. 4. Turning the receiver. 5. Defender not looking back for the ball. 6.
But yeah, that's not a penalty at all. :lol:

For this slight against The Football Gods, you open on the road. Quit yer' bitchin'. :D

I blame the Steelers. They weren't playing so the refs defaulted to siding with the next closest team. ;-)
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Yeah Hav, because Crabtree clearly didn't run into Jimmy smith first and initiated contact. Both were hand-fighting. Mike Pereira agreed with the non-call and I'll take his word for it. Oh, btw, can't be holding while the ball is in the air. Has to be pass interference or illegal contact, if we are getting technical about it.
"Both players were hand fighting and when you look at this play in real-time, there's not enough to call pass interference against either player," Pereira wrote Monday for FoxSports.com. "Smith had a quick grab and Crabtree had a quick push-off. Smith went down on the play and the pass fell incomplete.

"It was not an obvious foul, and until I looked at it in slow-motion, it seemed like no foul at all. It's not a penalty I would want called if I were still VP of Officiating for the NFL."

BTW, this blog shows a very brief grab and then release. And if whiner fans seriously think that this is PI, then they should at least be honest and admit that in that case the Ravens should have gotten numerous first downs as well considering that niners players did at least the same to Torrey Smith. But noo, not one of them talks about the way their sorry excuses for DBs played.

THAT BEING SAID, WE GOT ELVIS. DOOOOOOOOOOOOM. For five years, no less.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

5 years, 35 mil. BWAAHAAAAAHA. That is less than the Browns paid for Kruger or the Dolphins paid for Ellerbe. Ozzi :luv:

http://i.imgur.com/UgGO48n.jpg

I hope he and Ngata crush Brady between them. You know, like that famous Jet hit on Flacco.
------------
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Poor Denver. Poor poor Denver.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

For fuck's sake, Thanas. You're a fucking moderator. Don't post gigantic images that break the board formatting.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

That picture is a thing of beauty and I will not have you dismissing it out of hand. Apologize! :P
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Terralthra wrote:For fuck's sake, Thanas. You're a fucking moderator. Don't post gigantic images that break the board formatting.
My apologies. My browser fit it to scale, didn't notice the format breaking.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

------------
------------
My LPs
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

They're back!

Bit of slow start, but the Brady/Welker stuff was fucking hilarious.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Alferd Packer wrote:They're back!

Bit of slow start, but the Brady/Welker stuff was fucking hilarious.

"Except for Romo". :lol:
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

That's a cool video Thanas.

Also I saw you guys got Huff. Nice pickup. Versatile, and a pretty darn good hitter. Not quite the ball skills you have been used to, but he is better than people think and has just been buried on a horrible team for a lot of years.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Yeah and more importantly, his three year deal will cost us the same as one year of Ed Reed. I like the signing, but can't say I am too familiar with Huff. Will take your word for it that he is good though,.

Completely unrelated:
For those new to the NFL this is a good graphic that shows the so-called route tree and helps you understand what commentators mean when theytalk about fade, post, 9, go etc.
------------
------------
My LPs
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

That's mostly accurate, but a "9" pattern is actually a fly or streak pattern: straight down the field. A fade is where the receiver takes off like he's running a "9" but drifts to a "7" (corner) route. Here's a great article about the numbered passing tree (page 3):

Sports Illustrated

As far as offseason moves go, I think the Browns have done brilliantly. First they stole a pass rusher from the Ravens, then got a QB (Jason Campbell) who was good enough to take the Redskins to the post-season AND is already schooled in Norv's offense (see above) AND will get to play behind a good O-line for the first time. If they do well on draft day they can be a playoff team.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Cambell is Alex Smith but worse. He never had the same offensive coordinator/head coach/system combo for more than one year in a row since HIGH SCHOOL. If he doesn't break his collar bone two years ago, he takes the Raiders to the playoffs (They were 4-2 when he got hurt and were playing the best ball the team had played in a decade) and Hue Jackson is still the head coach there.

He is a good QB, not great but good, that needs a Jim Harbaugh. He had that with Jackson. A QB guy that believed in him and played to his strengths. The difference between hm and Smith is that he throws too many picks, but again, you get the right guy behind him and get the right plays called and he is pretty good. I think he can push Wheedon for a starting role, but I like Wheedon and think he needs another year under center and he will get much better. That said, I have a soft spot for Campbell because I get what he went through watching Smith go through the same thing. If he gets the starting job, I agree with Elfdart that they could be a surprise playoff team, especially with the Steelers falling apart the Bengals being the Bengals and the Ravens D, rebuilding.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Block
Jedi Council Member

Post by Block »

Campbell's biggest issue is that he gets target lock on a receiver and loses all sense of everything else on the field. Not just other receivers, but the rush, where his own linemen are, everything. He's got a strong arm, decent mobility, etc. but til he gets rid of that hyper focus I doubt he'll lead anyone anywhere.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

It if far from certain that Campbell even starts. And I doubt the Browns are a playoff team unless they manage to drastically improve coaching and have a fantastic draft.

Meanwhile, Crabtree continues his great whine tour(tm) on the Rich Eisen broadcast. "I'm not going to make excuses, but here is a list of excuses; I'm not going to complain, but hold on a second while I complain about the hit that the ravens took out on me which temporarily blinded me".
------------
------------
My LPs