NFL 2012

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Havok
Miscreant

Re: NFL 2012

Post by Havok »

Yeah, we lost Goldson, but at least we still have Whitner. You guys have lost all your defense. No Lewis, no Pollard, no Ellerbe, no Kruger and probably no Reed.
Maybe Ozzie and John are looking long term and know the SB win buys them a year or two of enough goodwill that they can actually rebuild instead of just trying to retool and figure the offense will keep them competitive while they do it on the defensive side.
Last edited by Havok on 2013-03-13 05:08pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Oh gawd... Steven Jackson on the Packers? Sew up the NFC North right now if that happens. Shit, probably a spot in the NFC Championship game as well.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Havok wrote:Raiders cut DHB and Micheal Huff. Man I would take both those guys. Same with Reed, Nnamdi and D-Hall. The way we get free agents, they all fit right into our mold.

And Thanas as DHB punked Reed, you guys may want to take a look at him as a complimentary guy. Fuck, between him, Simth, Jones and Flacco's cannon, safeties and corners couldn't get deep enough. :lol:
One problem: Heyward-Bey is a dumbass who frequently runs the wrong pattern and is clueless about when to adjust.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Havok wrote:Oh gawd... Steven Jackson on the Packers? Sew up the NFC North right now if that happens. Shit, probably a spot in the NFC Championship game as well.
Three years ago, I'd agree with you.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

No, he is still VERY good. No one gets to watch him because he has been on the Rams, but trust me, he is still a beast.

And DHB on the Ravens wouldn't have to run many patterns. He and Jones can just trade off running Gos and Posts.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Havok wrote:Yeah, we lost Goldson, but at least we still have Whitner. You guys have lost all your defense. No Lewis, no Pollard, no Ellerbe, no Kruger and probably no Reed.
I disagree here - aside from Pollard and Reed the others are acceptable losses. Ellerbe never played a full season with durability and is not worth 7mil a year. Kruger is a situational pass rusher. Pollard I don't understand and I will be heartbroken if we cannot get Reed back.

But we still got Ngata, Webb, Suggs, McClain, Jones, McPhee. We signed Canty. That means we got the following starter positions to fill:
- SS
- ILB
- NT
- situational pass rusher
- possibly FS

I think we can address at least three of them in the draft. We already drafted a safety last year in the 4th. So I am concerned, but not near the level the media thinks I should be.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Though this image is funny

Still won't get five yards...
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Thanas wrote:Though this image is funny

Still won't get five yards...
:lol:

So far I am not entirely sure what the Cardinals are doing. They got rid of Kerry Rhodes, I'm thinking for mostly for cap space since he was due way too much money. They've signed some backup QBs are backup QB prices. They let go of Beenie Wells and signed Mendenhall. Not sure that's an upgrade or not after looking at statistics but at least they were smart enough to only give Mendenhall a one year deal so if he can stay on the field and out of trouble he will hopefully be playing his hardest in order to earn his next contract.

They still haven't signed any new O-line prospects. It sounds like they were happy with the progress of two of the guys who were injured early last year but I hope they still plan on getting some more guys for the line. Their line has not been especially good that I can remember but it was absolutely terrible last season.

Unless Kolb restructures his deal I suspect he will be gone. I'd like to see how he could do if his line was halfway decent but if he's stubborn about sticking with his current contract I don't see how the Cardinals can keep him due to the $9 million they'd have to pay him this year. They really need some cap space so they can work on fixing some of the teams very serious issues.

Plus, it sure looks like the NFC West is just getting tougher and tougher. Now if the conference would actually start winning Super Bowls instead of just going to them. :wink:
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

You mean if the Seahawks and Cardinals would win instead of just going to them. 5-1, 1-1, 0-1 and 0-1
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Elfdart wrote:Ah shit! Vasquez (the only good lineman the Chargers have) signs with the Donkeys. :banghead:
Well you just got Chad Rhinehart from B-lo, and Joe D'Alessandris as an OL Coach, also from B-lo. Rhinehart can play, and D'Alessandris built the Bills a very good O-line from two starters and a bunch of spare parts. You'll live.
Many thanks! These darned computers always screw me up. I calculated my first death-toll using a hand-cranked adding machine (we actually calculated the average mortality in each city block individually). Ah, those were the days.
-Stuart
"Mix'em up. I'm tired of States' Rights."
-Gen. George Thomas, Union Army of the Cumberland
CaptHawkeye
Sith Devotee

Post by CaptHawkeye »

I'm still not sure if it's worth losing Blackburn. How ironic we should be saying that when the question for Giants fans like 2 years ago was "i'm not sure if it's worth keeping Chase Blackburn."
Best care anywhere.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Havok wrote:You mean if the Seahawks and Cardinals would win instead of just going to them. 5-1, 1-1, 0-1 and 0-1
In recent history things haven't been so good, plus the Cards and Seahawks also had to deal with whatever it is that makes the refs favor the Steelers. The Cards still could have won if the players on the bench stayed out of the way of their teammates trying to make plays down the sideline.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Man, we are trying to put together a defensive backfield that I wanted 4 years ago. :lol: Still Woodson is a good safety even at 36 and he isn't any more of a risk taker than Goldson, but he is smarter and has better hands. Nnamdi is the same age as Rogers and I still say is a way better man to man guy. It will be a trip if we sign both of them.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Falkenhayn wrote:
Elfdart wrote:Ah shit! Vasquez (the only good lineman the Chargers have) signs with the Donkeys. :banghead:
Well you just got Chad Rhinehart from B-lo, and Joe D'Alessandris as an OL Coach, also from B-lo. Rhinehart can play, and D'Alessandris built the Bills a very good O-line from two starters and a bunch of spare parts. You'll live.
Thanks for cheering me up. My worst nightmare (aside from Dr Laura naked on a cold day) is that Marmalard gets injured behind a patchwork line and Whitehurst becomes the starter.

By the way, what are you guys going to do for a QB?
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Geno Smith I reckon. I mean, they could make a play for Kolb, Mallet or a couple other scrap heap guys. Hel,l I could see Tebow landing in Buffalo, although I still think he should come to SF to back up Kaepernick. Flynn is also on the market as Wilson is the future for the Seahawks.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Hmmm. Jennings to the Vikes. What a QB downgrade, but on the other hand, he probably figures he will be the only viable receiving target instead of part of the menagerie of wideouts in Green Bay. Now Ponder has no excuse.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Haha Dumerville is off the Seahawks team because his reps didn't fax the signed contract to them in time.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Broncos.
------------
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Durr.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Elfdart wrote:
Thanks for cheering me up. My worst nightmare (aside from Dr Laura naked on a cold day) is that Marmalard gets injured behind a patchwork line and Whitehurst becomes the starter.
Well, there's a history of Buffalo shipping talent to SD. I know the new regime gets their people, but D'Alessandris and Bruce DeHaaven should have been retained. DeHaaven's special teams unit led the league in blocked PATs and FGs with help from to Alex 'Megahand' Carrington. We replaced D'Alessandris with some hump that was out of football last year, and DeHaaven with some guy from Detroit.
Elfdart wrote: By the way, what are you guys going to do for a QB?
Who knows? Buddy Nix can't leave this organization fast enough. Dumervil is the perfect player for the types of schemes Mike Pettine loves, but if you believe Lead Journalist OBD Mouthpiece Chris Brown, every decision maker in the organization is out scouting Pro Days. Yeah, Doom would never come here now, but there's something to be said about having so much money, then closing up shop after snagging Manny Lawson.

I guess Russ Brandon's Football Analytics experts have something better to do with ~$24 million in spare cap than spend it. And why would you? The team has no LBs, no LGs, 1 TE, 1 WR and 1 DE. I guess they plan to start all 7 of our draft picks.
Many thanks! These darned computers always screw me up. I calculated my first death-toll using a hand-cranked adding machine (we actually calculated the average mortality in each city block individually). Ah, those were the days.
-Stuart
"Mix'em up. I'm tired of States' Rights."
-Gen. George Thomas, Union Army of the Cumberland
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Fuck me, we just lost Ed Reed.

My favorite Raven.

I....excuse me.
------------
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Least they got rid of that stupid fucking tuck rule.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

And to cement the braindead "change bad" reputation, the Steelers voted against eliminating the tuck rule. Idiots.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

So, cherry on top of the shit cake has arrived. We will be forced to open the NFL season on the road, most likely in Denver, because the asshole Orioles can't be arsed to move one of their 81 home games to another day. You know, the same shitty franchise that has a regular attendance of 5-6k. Because of those twats we can't have a kickoff party or play in front of our crowd. Screw them.

Oh, and screw Goodell and Kraft for objecting to move the game to wednesday because it is a religious jewish holiday. Nevermind that about 40+ games have been played on that holiday before and since when does the NFL give a crap about religious holidays anyway? Screw them too. And screw the networks for hating wednesday.

Good news: Turns out there is an OL whose twitter account kinda mirrors flagg. Except with more witty jokes.
------------
------------
My LPs
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord Relvenous »

Such a great collection "haha/awww" jokes.
Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.