NFL 2012

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Re: NFL 2012

Post by Elfdart »

This one wins the thread:
The average Steeler fan looks like they should be on a "Faces Of Meth" poster.
:lol:
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Thanas wrote:
Oh, speaking of scumbags:

The one on the Steelers was excellent. The guy did them or is doing them for all the teams. So far I've read the one on the Cardinals (pretty good/accurate but too short) and the one on the Packers, which was nearly as good as the Pittsburgh one. :D
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

The Ravens one doesn't have any real heart in it. :(

But Chris Kluwe responded to the one on the vikings (http://deadspin.com/5936898/why-your-te ... Sucks-2012) in a masterful manner
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

This one about the Dolphins would kill poor Chardok:
Passing on Mike Tomlin for a guy whose parents named him Cam Cameron. This douche was fired from the football powerhouse Indiana for shitting down his leg.
We are Cleveland with a beach.
Brian Hartline has worse legs than the horses on "Luck".
:shock:

The one for the Cleveland Browns is the purest comedy gold I've seen in a long time.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

The one about the saints is great, as is the one about the Bears. Oh, and the one about the Bengals.

But the Panthers one takes the cake for best opener ever.
http://deadspin.com/5933250/why-your-te ... Sucks-2012
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Bucs:
Reason Three - Our (very expensive, young) defensive line looks like the Crimea in 1854. Torn biceps, torn triceps, torn achilles, and even experimental surgeries like, in the case of the poor, beleaguered Brian Price, reattaching the hamstring to the pelvis with screws. Fucking ouch. I tried looking up the last time the Bucs had a player with double digit sacks, but I'm not trained as a nineteenth-century historian so I'm unable to research that far back.
------------
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Thanas wrote:Bucs:
Reason Three - Our (very expensive, young) defensive line looks like the Crimea in 1854. Torn biceps, torn triceps, torn achilles, and even experimental surgeries like, in the case of the poor, beleaguered Brian Price, reattaching the hamstring to the pelvis with screws. Fucking ouch. I tried looking up the last time the Bucs had a player with double digit sacks, but I'm not trained as a nineteenth-century historian so I'm unable to research that far back.
That's not as bad as them practicing with the Cheatriots.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Read the chargers one yet Elfdart?
------------
------------
My LPs
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Thanas wrote:Bucs:
I also loved the Schiano rant. "Yes, let's grab a middle-of-the-road coach from the crappiest conference in the FBS (save the mid-majors). He'll save us!" I don't blame Schiano for going--if the NFL comes calling, you answer--but Christ, he coached during one stellar year, and that was mainly due to Ray Rice.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Thanas wrote:Read the chargers one yet Elfdart?
It was disappointing -just like the Chargers. The team is never good enough to arouse envy and hatred, yet it's also never quite bad enough to be the laughingstock of pro football.

The best part was calling Rivers Marmalard, which would make AJ Smith Dean Wormer -which fits him to a T since both Smith and Wormer like to play the strongman, yet neither accomplishes anything other than being a blowhard and getting humiliated. Hey AJ, how many times has your team gone to the playoffs since dicking over Vincent Jackson and cutting Tomlinson?

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Thanas wrote:The Ravens one doesn't have any real heart in it. :(

But Chris Kluwe responded to the one on the vikings (http://deadspin.com/5936898/why-your-te ... Sucks-2012) in a masterful manner
I don't know, the "Billy Cundiff should fucking hang himself but would miss kicking the stool out from under himself" certainly had some feeling to it.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Considering Cundiff probably just lost his job not that funny.
------------
------------
My LPs
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Yeah, looks like he was cut as of about 20 mins ago from news stories.

Not at all shocking. Someone has to be the scapegoat and the kicker is always convenient and easily replaced.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

He wasn't a scapegoat. Nobody blamed him for that loss, neither the team nor the org.

But Justin Tucker was much much better all through preseason. That guy hits 50+ yarders with room to spare and even hit a 63 yarder. Also, has never missed a 4th quarter kick throughout his career and is comfortable with kicking in front of 100k+ people as that is all he has done through college.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

But wait, what news sources say Cundiff was cut already? Can't find any confirmation.
------------
------------
My LPs
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Google headline when I searched for him... Maybe the article has been updated since?
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

The headline says "Billy Cundiff's time with Ravens could be over".
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

And now he has been cut. Godspeed.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Oh, and Braylon Edwards beat out T.O.
------------
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Not a huge shock considering how he was phoning it in and apparently bitching and moaning the entire time he was there. I doubt he'll ever play in the NFL again.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Our new kicker:

------------
------------
My LPs
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Thanas wrote:Oh, and Braylon Edwards beat out T.O.
Given a choice between two coach-killing, butterfingered receivers, Pete Carroll chose the younger one without the blown knee.

As I plumbed the depths of my own masochism, watching a horrible preseason game against the Vikings, I was once again afflicted with that vomit taste in the back of my throat -you know, that lemonade + Funyuns taste you get right before puking. Two weeks ago it was losing Ryan Mathews; last week it was Vincent Brown. This week it's Melvin Ingram being helped off the field.

Why in the name of Jesus Buttfucking Christ do they put starters and key backups on the field in these meaningless games? I asked the geniuses on Sirius NFL, why not just hold meet-and-greets with suckers season ticket holders? The arguments for these games are easily shot down:

1) Lost money from those two home games? If the meet-and-greet isn't enough, spread out the cost among the eight home games in the regular season. You know, the ones people actually want to see.

2) "Well the players risk injury in practice too". Great, why increase the risk for games that don't count? Even in regular season games and the playoffs, starters get pulled if the game is already decided -because there's no point getting them injured in meaningless action!

3) "The players need reps in live action". Pull the other one! The only part of regular season action that is simulated in preseason is garbage time: where players go through the motions while trying to avoid injury. Besides, how many reps is Ryan Mathews going to get while his broken collarbone heals? How many reps is Davin Joseph going to get now that the season is over for him because of a blown patella tendon?

FUCK PRESEASON FOOTBALL!

Now where's the Maalox?
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Pink slips for Vince Young, hello...Tavaris Jackson? Mind explaining what's going on here, Buddy?
Many thanks! These darned computers always screw me up. I calculated my first death-toll using a hand-cranked adding machine (we actually calculated the average mortality in each city block individually). Ah, those were the days.
-Stuart
"Mix'em up. I'm tired of States' Rights."
-Gen. George Thomas, Union Army of the Cumberland
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Tavaris Jackson is at best a mediocre backup, but he never flaked out and quit on his team once, let alone twice like Vince Young has.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Man. The Niner one sucks. All they had was "fair weather fans" and "Alex Smith sucks". I was really expecting some more bile there, but it almost seemed really forced compared to the rest.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"