NHL 2010-2011 Season

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Norade
Jedi Council Member

Re: NHL 2010-2011 Season

Post by Norade »

That was a great start by the Canucks rolling their lines while Chicago played a two line hockey game.

Also Fanboy, as sorry as I am about your loss tonight, I'd appreciate not meeting your team in the playoffs so for the sake of the Cup heading to Vancouver could you convince your team to play a few more games like that? :lol:
School requires more work than I remember it taking...
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Suck it DOWN, Brad Watson and Greg Kimmerly. (Especially Brad Watson, who has watched and done nothing as three Sharks have been concussed this season, assuming that White is a quarter as bad as he looked).
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Fanboy, what are your thoughts on the Bobby Ryan foot stomp?
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Habs in 4? 5? Habs-Canucks final? Yeah? FUCK YEAH!
XXXI
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

I'm really disappointed in the Sharks' last game. Losing 4-0 is one thing, but they played like a team that was totally distracted by the Stoll situation and off their game. They took two DUMB penalties that the Kings cashed in, and the game was out of reach by the second period. Hopefully they'll get back on track, but they'll have to do it in LA.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

Post by Panzersharkcat »

This is what I get for not paying attention to the regular season. I finally check playoff standings and I discover that New Jersey didn't make it. Not the most pleasant surprise. I guess I'll throw in for San Jose. Sigh.
"I'm just reading through your formspring here, and your responses to many questions seem to indicate that you are ready and willing to sacrifice realism/believability for the sake of (sometimes) marginal increases in gameplay quality. Why is this?"
"Because until I see gamers sincerely demanding that if they get winged in the gut with a bullet that they spend the next three hours bleeding out on the ground before permanently dying, they probably are too." - J.E. Sawyer
Phantasee

Post by Phantasee »

I am getting pretty upset watching the Canucks completely fuck it up. FUCK, it was supposed to be a four-game sweep, goddammit.
XXXI
Norade
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norade »

The first period was good, and then I started playing D&D and tpk'ed the party by accident and came back to find my team laying down and dying against a team they should have put away easy.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

ROFL! Canucks fans, you have nothing on the Kings, tonight. :lol:

Norade
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norade »

It was still a terrible and unexpected loss. I wasn't expecting a sweep going into the series, but I certainly wasn't expecting a massive collapse when we had the series all but won.
Phantasee

Post by Phantasee »

Now I know how my father felt when I got expelled from school on the last day of junior high.
XXXI
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

What a goal by Bobby Ryan in the Ducks' loss to Nashville. That's turned into a surprisingly interesting series. Selanne's stepped up big time to keep the Ducks competitive, but we haven't heard enough from Perry and Getzlaf when they're not on the power play.

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Ugh, that was teh worst feeling i've ever had leaving a game last night.

Sorry I haven't been around much as what free time I have had has been spent at these playoff games and this is the busy season for me at work. The PRedators are a fantastic team and one legit star player away from being a cup favorite as opposed to a contender. Pekka Rinne could end up becoming that star if he isn't already.

On Teemu Selanne : The man, the legend. Nothing else to say.

On the other two teams in California: Anze makes it a much more interesting series even though it has been entertaining.

On Bobby Ryan's Foot Stomp: Deserved a suspension, but two games for a first time offender? Given the leniency Zdeno Chara got, and given how long it took to give Mat Cooke anything this year, i'm convinced Colin Campbell has different standards for different players and I kind of hope he gets a horrible veneral disease.

On Getzlaf: Play some fucking defense you yutz.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
erik_t
Jedi Master

Post by erik_t »

I'll go ahead and point out that, in North America's premier hockey tournament, the University of Minnesota - Duluth has fielded the championship team in the 2010-2011 season.

Y'all can go ahead and brag about which for-sale agents you have bought and sold from here on.

There you go.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

I am sorry to say that the Memorial Cup is more epic than the Frozen Four.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Even if we win the series with the Kings (eventually), I can't see us getting past Detroit. You can't win the Stanley Cup with a goaltender who gives up 3 goals on 4 shots. :cry:

Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Checkmate, Kings. Onto the 'Hawks or the Wings--both grudge matches from last year.

And stay classy, Terry Murray. I don't know how many coaches have failed to turn up for the post-series handshake, but I know that I wouldn't want my name to be appended to that list.

Phantasee

Post by Phantasee »

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Canucks finally learned the Heimlich manoeuvre! No more choking!

Within moments, the Blackhawks "fans" were jumping over to the Predators wagon.
XXXI
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

The Cup curse continues! Man, it's hilarious how the Stanley Cup winner keeps getting knocked out in the early rounds the year after they win the cup. Now we just gotta get the Sharks to choke and the playoffs will be complete.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Norade
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norade »

The Canucks sure as hell scared me after blowing the series lead and leaving it to a game 7 OT win. I'm hoping that after that scare and beating their biggest rival they've learned something about winning and will take it to the Preds.
Block
Jedi Council Member

Post by Block »

Goodbye and good riddance to Montreal and Pittsburgh, two of the most obnoxious fanbases in all of sports.
Phantasee

Post by Phantasee »

I was watching the score on my phone all during the third period. I couldn't watch because of a meeting. When Subban tied it up I almost jumped out of my seat. Judging by everyone's reactions after the meeting when they learned the score, I wouldn't have been in much trouble for disrupting the meeting with the good news.

I couldn't check the score during OT, so the grief was delayed for me.
XXXI
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Phantasee wrote:WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Canucks finally learned the Heimlich manoeuvre! No more choking!
Bullshit. As a resident of Vancouver let me assure you that they still have plenty of time to choke. It's a defining trait of the team.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Phantasee

Post by Phantasee »

I had no idea you were in Vancouver. Learned something new today!

I'm just glad they managed to beat out the Blackhawks, I hate the bandwagon jumpers and all the fuckers saying ABVCT (Anyone But Vancouver Calgary Toronto) like we have much to be proud of here in Edmonton. I mean, I'm down to hate on Toronto, but that's because it's Toronto, you know?
XXXI
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

Watching that game last night, it's a good thing Subban's shot went in the net. If it hits the goalie, he's dead.

I'm sorry to see Montreal out of the playoffs, but they made it a good game 7. So Vancouver is now Canada's team ;)
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.