Lego life lessons

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Just curious, do they have lego women these days? Back when I played with lego we just had the white guy, the yellow guy, and the red guy.
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
God Emperor
Jedi Knight

Post by God Emperor »

In a way they do, but its they're all the same shape it's just that a womens form is painted on.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

jmac wrote:Just curious, do they have lego women these days? Back when I played with lego we just had the white guy, the yellow guy, and the red guy.
Yes. They also now have caucasians who are pinkish and black people who are brownish. Finally we're getting a Lando Calrissian.

I guess it makes all the yellow people in Legoland, Asian. :D
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
CDiehl
Jedi Master

Post by CDiehl »

When I was a kid, I used to love doing little things. For example, I would sometimes build fleets of small Lego ships, made of only a couple pieces per ship. I also liked to put a couple small pieces onto the headstumps of the men, like masks. I'd gather the men into two armies, facing each other, then pitch pennies at each side, to simulate losses in battle. If you had Battle Beasts, Lego weapons can fit into Battle Beast hands, and vice versa. I would sometmes build men out of four 2x1's or two 2x1's and a 4x1.
KrauserKrauser
Sith Devotee

Post by KrauserKrauser »

I would make ginormous boats and then flood the bathroom to have mini armadas. None of this ship building sets that I couldn't afford, it's all about the hand made hoverboats.
VRWC : Justice League : SDN Weight Watchers : BOTM : Former AYVB

Resident Magic the Gathering Guru : Recovering MMORPG Addict
Lt. Dan
Jedi Knight

Post by Lt. Dan »

God Emperor wrote:In a way they do, but its they're all the same shape it's just that a womens form is painted on.
Lego to do list
1. Make Lego women with boobs
d(-_-)b
Crazy Goji
Padawan Learner

I love LEGOs

Post by Crazy Goji »

Say what you want about them, but I friggin' love them.

My Collection

Imperial base:

Imperial Base.

Inside

And of course a Z-95 I threw together to give the Rebels somewhat of a chance:

And of course a Z-95 I threw together to give the Rebels somewhat of a chance.

Yeah, LEGOs are the single greatest toys ever created, ever. No contest.

Oh, and I also have a little mini-fig that looks like Conan O'Brien. He's in an Imperial get-up currently.
Jadeite
Racist Pig Fucker

Post by Jadeite »

I used to love the napoleonic looking figures, but then they got replaced by those spanish armada looking ones.
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

I think Lego's coming out with a 28 inch long ISD to royally fuck your Z95 Goji
WE, however, do meddle in the affairs of others.
What part of [ Image,Image, N(Image) ] don't you understand?
Skeptical Armada Cynic: ROU Aggressive Logic
SDN Ranger: Skeptical Ambassador
EOD
Mr Golgotha, Ms Scheck, we're running low on skin. I suggest you harvest another lesbian!
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

SyntaxVorlon wrote:I think Lego's coming out with a 28 inch long ISD to royally fuck your Z95 Goji
They already have one.

Well, I've got a 18-inch Corellian Corvette, so there :P
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

Hm, I've still got a few suitcases full of the stuff in a cuboard someplace....hasnt been out for a while, not since my gf decided to play with it.
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
Ryoga
Jedi Knight

Post by Ryoga »

Would this be a bad time to bring up MLCAD? :)

Courtesy of LDRAW

I just wish that LEGO would sell parts so I could make some of the things I've done in MLCAD; I really don't trust Bricklink having my shipping address at all times.
Crazy Goji
Padawan Learner

Post by Crazy Goji »

SyntaxVorlon wrote:I think Lego's coming out with a 28 inch long ISD to royally fuck your Z95 Goji
You mean this baby?

She's been out for about a year now. I would get her if only I had more room. She's beautiful. But, unfortunately, the most room I have is for this little shit.

Money isn't the issue, though. I would have had it if I had a table or chest of drawers to put it on.[/url]
Balrog
Jedi Council Member

Post by Balrog »

We owned several of the Pirate Lego sets, mostly the ones where the ship comes almost pre-built. Having 5 ships plus 'rafts' from anything we could put together battling it out on the "Green Carpet Sea" was the shit :D I miss those days :cry:

Good life lessons thou ;)
'Ai! ai!' wailed Legolas. 'A Balrog! A Balrog is come!'
Gimli stared with wide eyes. 'Durin's Bane!' he cried, and letting his axe fall he covered his face.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
- J.R.R Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
Hyperion
Village Idiot

Post by Hyperion »

Bah, my Vesuvius, or even the Exeter could smash it with ease.

*note to self: get pictures of said ships... Next to a yardstick preferably*
"Freak on a leash! Freak on a leash!"
Lt. Dan
Jedi Knight

Post by Lt. Dan »

Jadeite wrote:I used to love the napoleonic looking figures, but then they got replaced by those spanish armada looking ones.
Ya, I know what your talking about. My friend had a bunch of both. I forget, were their outfits blue?
d(-_-)b
Shadowhawk
Jedi Knight

Post by Shadowhawk »

Ryoga wrote:Would this be a bad time to bring up MLCAD? :)

Courtesy of LDRAW

I just wish that LEGO would sell parts so I could make some of the things I've done in MLCAD; I really don't trust Bricklink having my shipping address at all times.
MLCad kicks ass. :)
I just wish it had one feature: BrickLock, or something. Actually make the brick models snap together, so you don't have to worry about lining things up just right (which can be downright impossible, in some cases).

Here's one that I built in real-life and translated into MLCad, although not in those actual colors. My collection is far too small to be able to do nice color matching. And this image doesn't have some of the tubing my model has, since doing the tubing in MLCad is insane.

You can probably identify the design style as "Take all the cool pieces and cram them into one ship". :D
Shadowhawk
Eric from ASVS
"Sufficiently advanced technology is often indistinguishable from magic." -- Clarke's Third Law
"Then, from sea to shining sea, the God-King sang the praises of teflon, and with his face to the sunshine, he churned lots of butter." -- Body of a pharmacy spam email

Here's my avatar, full-sized (Yoshitoshi ABe's autograph in my Lain: Omnipresence artbook)