Moderator: Edi

mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Cobra Kai season 2

Post by mr friendly guy »

For those that don't remember season one, here is a recap

https://fansided.com/2018/05/08/cobra-k ... view-good/

Season two looks good. I still think Johnny and Daniel should team up. And beat Mike Barnes and Terry Silver. :lol: Actually lets have Johnny, Daniel and Hilary Swank's character team up to trash Kreese, Terry Silver and Mike Barnes. :wink:
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Re: Cobra Kai season 2

Post by FaxModem1 »

Yeah, we're running into the issue of both sides being right, and both sides being wrong here.

Johnny's dojo is making all of it's students way too aggressive and turning them into jerks. But it's also his main source of income and Johnny's way of rebuilding his self image.

On the other hand, Daniel's karate has always been about being kind, being good, and practicing restraint, and that's echoed in his lifestyle. But, teaching karate for free is undercutting a local business and it seems as if Daniel's plan is to turn Johnny destitute.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor

Some people are speculating that Kreese isn't real, just a figment of Johnny's imagination like Brad Pitt's character in fight club. Could be. Johnny did say that Kreese was dead in one of the episodes.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor

So far so good and I am only on the third episode.

They play up how Kreese and Johnny at out of their time in the more politically correct era. Johnny doesn't even know about IP rights and how to use the in internet. :D Kreese is not just a dick, he is a politically incorrect dick, referring to Miguel as the Mexican and Johnny saying he is from Ecuador. Kreese making a dumb statement about 6 of 1. I am surprise he didn't go all hispanics look alike or some shit.

Daniel is not immune as well, as he is accused of culturally appropriating Miyagi style karate based on the add we see in the trailers. Loving it so far.

Cobra Kai is two middle age men trolling each other for comedic effect.

wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

mr friendly guy wrote: 2019-03-23 12:45am Some people are speculating that Kreese isn't real, just a figment of Johnny's imagination like Brad Pitt's character in fight club. Could be. Johnny did say that Kreese was dead in one of the episodes.

That would be awesome.
I loved season one so I'm planning to pick this up when I have more time
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

Any way to watch this legally without buying youtube prime? Quite enjoyed s1 e1+2
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
mr friendly guy
The Doctor

You can join YouTube prime as a first timer and get one month free trial. Then cancel your membership after you watch it. That's apparently what some people are doing.