What's the worst mod abuse you've suffered?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Shadow WarChief
Rabid Monkey

What's the worst mod abuse you've suffered?

Post by Shadow WarChief »

Well come on. No matter where you've been, there's always that one mod who is a dictatorial ass-hole or is so weak that he never uses his god-like mod powers.

Tell the sad stories in this thread...
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

I once accidnetly kicked myself while chating in IRC when I ment to kick a spammer

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

David is a dictator communazi asshole (just kidding!)

Seriously, the most moderator abuse I've seen was actually done by me, or so claim others...

www.imperialnexus.net - I am a Commander and ISD First officer there. This meant sometimes I was given IRC moderator duty too. Most mods were very lax, but I tend to be a "by the book" type person so I laid down penalties for infringments on the rules. I just did what I thought was the best job I could do. Of course, this angered a few people, and well eventually they took action against me *coughcourtmarshallcough*

*cough of course the real reasons for my court marshall are some Sept. 11 things cough*
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Kelly: SHUT UP ALREADY!
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

The only one I can think of is when I got kicked from #square for some reason about 4 years ago.
「かかっ―」
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Crazy9000 removing my bean pic and saying I had one more strike. Come on, that was funny. We should all laugh at bean, he's bean.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Well, there was a period of about three years when I was going out with a mod, and she beat me every night. After I left her, she tried to kill me with asparagus. It took me another three years of counseling and support to finally admit that, yes... she abused me!

(The above story was brought to you by "SPOOFE Is A Lying Asshole" Inc.)
The Great and Malignant
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Crazy9000 removing my bean pic and saying I had one more strike. Come on, that was funny. We should all laugh at bean, he's bean.
Your death shall be all the more sweet with the time and forthought that have gone into it

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

I got banned from #starwars-pl IRC channel for actually debating the Battle Of Yavin - the channel denizens claimed that the Rebels had to fight the entire fighter compliment of the station, despite obvious visual evidence to the contrary. As far as I know, they are stuck there in comfortable silence now ;)
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

The site owner of one Creationist Forums banned someone that was debating him and winning, so he banned him.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

The worst abuse I've suffered on any forum was signing in, mispelling my name or password, and sweating nervously thinking I've been banned.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Vertigo1
Defender of the Night

Post by Vertigo1 »

Ok, at the time I was a mod at Laird's board called The Orbital (yes, the very same Laird that did that monkey piss thing). I edited the profile of Alyeska to change his name to "Assyeska" and more assorted fun stuff like changing his avatar to the she-monkey pic, etc... (He was being a dick at the time.) Keep in mind that he used UBB6 so this was possible via the admin control panel. Alyeska whined for I forget how many hours to Laird about it so he fucked with my profile and locked it so I couldn't changed it. Laird being the moron that he is, didn't take the time to just slap Alyeska on ignore and be done with it. When I confronted him with it, he basically told me to fuck off. Ohh well, that forum didn't last long anyway. :) Lets just say Laird's been shitlisted and won't be appearing on my ICQ list again. :) (not for that reason, but thats another story)
"I once asked Rebecca to sing Happy Birthday to me during sex. That was funny, especially since I timed my thrusts to sync up with the words. And yes, it was my birthday." - Darth Wong

Leader of the SD.Net Gargoyle Clan | Spacebattles Firstone | Twitter
Ryoga
Jedi Knight

Post by Ryoga »

Well, once I got kicked from a chat room for disagreeing with the mod's girlfriend....

I also have a funny story about somebody who we'll call "Mr. S". Mr. S met this girl online who he fell madly in love with. Mr. S makes her a mod. Girl screws around and acts like a dick; Mr. S looks the other way. Mr. S proposes to Girl over the forum. Mr. S discovers Girl is actually a guy. Girl is no longer a mod. :D