NFL 2014 season

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Re: NFL 2014 season

Post by Elfdart »

Flagg wrote:I never liked Fox, TBH. Mainly because he always throws the challenge flag on the most clear cut good calls and it drives me nuts. Now maybe he's doing it to get a longer time out or something like that, but he ends up looking like a chump wasting challenges and time outs.
Oh he shits the bed in the most Schottenheimeresque manner (as do his assistant coaches who get HC jobs) but if your team lacks talent and can't do the fundamentals right, John Fox is the coach you want. Carolina and Denver were dumpster fires before he took over and got them to Super Bowls.

The time out thing always amused me ever since Mike Martz started using them like 30-second time outs in basketball, except NFL rules are so Byzantine that it takes a good five minutes for the zebras to get a clue. That totally takes the mickey out the opposing team's momentum after a big play and I think it's fucking hilarious!.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

The Terry Bradshaw one was fucking genius.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

So Del Rio and Tomsula. Meh. It is what it is.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

And now Todd Bowles. Yay?
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Number of times Jerry Jones has won this award: 1
Number of times Ozzie Newsome has won that award: 1

Tells you really all you need to know.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
TheHammer
Jedi Master

Post by TheHammer »

Havok wrote:So Del Rio and Tomsula. Meh. It is what it is.
I was really hoping for Fangio to get a shot at the 9ers HC job given what he did with the defense last year. Obviously its one thing to get the most out of stars as he had the first couple seasons, but the defense's overall performance this past season, despite injuries to many of his biggest stars, and not having Aldon Smith most of the season was very impressive. Tomsula might prove to be the guy for the job, is well respected, so I'm not against him personally as a choice, I just feel like now you're blowing something up a very successful staff rather than simply tweaking it. Baalke better hope this huge gamble pays off...

I really don't get the purge that is happening out there right now. Sure the offense needs work, but I think the biggest issue the 9ers had this season was due to injuries and inconsistency on the offensive line more than anything else. They could neither run block nor pass protect very well. The sad thing is they seemed to get healthy towards the end and the offense started clicking with the running game and the offense as a whole, but it was too little too late... A healthy niners team next season, if coached properly, can certainly win a Superbowl given the breaks any super bowl winning team gets.

Oh and While I'm on the subject. I don't get why we see so many people suddenly turn on Kaepernick. Sure he still needs to work on things, but he has shown a willingness to do that, and he has the intelligence. Go back and look at Joe Montana's season 3 and season 4 stats. Believe it or not, he wasn't a legendary passer right from the start that people seem to remember. And neither was Steve Young. They really didn't turn into even "really good" QBs until there 5th-6th seasons in the league. Given what's he's already accomplished the idea that the team should "cut ties" as I've seen some propose is fucking ludicrous.
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Fox to the Bears. Makes sense; that's actually where I'd predicted he would land.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

I can't believe anyone would want the Chicago job. It's a bad organization from stem to stern and you can't get rid of Jay Cutler.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Fuck the broncos. I want to drink a lake of port right now.
------------
------------
My LPs
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Well, you never know. They're also interviewing Marrone.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Leigon of whom? Seattle looks dreadful so far.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

I might be lucky that I'm stuck at work today and not able to catch the game. I was hoping for a Seattle repeat in the most casual of bandwagon fan ways.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Fire McCarthy.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

It looks like I missed either a hell of a comeback or a hell of a failure by the Packers. Does anybody that was able to watch the game have an insight as to what went down in the second half?
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

14 points. 44 seconds. Comeback.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Great comeback and a hell of an entertaining game. But Wilson needs to lose the Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde routine if he wants to win another Superbowl.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord Relvenous »

Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

That's what defense does for you. By holding the Packers to a bunch of field goals, the Seahawks were able to keep it close.

It helps that after the Packers got that last INT, they played as though the : on the clock was one column to the left.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

It is very funny how many seahawks fans suddenly post here despite not making posts before here.
------------
------------
My LPs
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord Relvenous »

Thanas wrote:It is very funny how many seahawks fans suddenly post here despite not making posts before here.

Because I had other places to discuss the game elsewhere that have much more activity, or that I was watching it with family otherwise? And I've posted before in this thread (both Duchess and I have) if that's what you're trying to say.

What's your problem, asshole? I thought the picture was funny so I shared it with the board. Fuck off. And there were two of us. Two. "How many" my ass.
Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

I even posted specifically that "I was hoping for a Seattle repeat in the most casual of bandwagon fan ways." I follow the team, but the Canucks and hockey are my first deepest loves in sports.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Lord Relvenous wrote:Because I had other places to discuss the game elsewhere that have much more activity, or that I was watching it with family otherwise? And I've posted before in this thread (both Duchess and I have) if that's what you're trying to say.

What's your problem, asshole? I thought the picture was funny so I shared it with the board. Fuck off. And there were two of us. Two. "How many" my ass.
How about you take a chill pill?

Oh and you started posting here exactly when the seahawks were winninng in the playoffs, with no post in the regular season. So...yeah. If you can't handle some light mockery for that then you must be very thin-skinned.
------------
------------
My LPs
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

Yes, that's right, Thanas. Say something to get a reaction out of people, then tell them to relax when they react. It's so funny. Ha.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Terralthra wrote:Yes, that's right, Thanas. Say something to get a reaction out of people, then tell them to relax when they react. It's so funny. Ha.
Guy posts nothing during regular season.
Team starts winning, then suddenly he is the greatest seahawks fan forever.

Yeah.
------------
------------
My LPs