NFL 2014 season

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Vain
Padawan Learner

Re: NFL 2014 season

Post by Vain »

Thanas wrote:FUCK YEAH PLAYOFFS.

Looks like Joe Flacco is riding the Millennium Falcon back to the post season.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

OMG. Where can I get that?
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Man if I were on the Lions team I'd be loading a shitton of dry bars of soap into a sock and the second I saw his fucking face I'd do my best to make it unrecognizable.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Fuck you Havok, just fuck you! May you hire Rich Kotite by New Year's Eve!

Now that Harbaugh has been dismissed (Is A.J. Smith running the 49ers now?), it's time for the most interesting part of the season. That's right: The Last Monday!

My money is on Marc Trestman being fired by noon. Jay Cutler, the serial coach killer, claims another victim! Why isn't CSI on the case?

Rex Ryan will also be fired, though I would keep him if I ran the Jets. Of course if I ran the Jets that screwy asshole in the white fireman's helmet would be dumped in the nearest river. Rex will be unemployed about as long as he wants to be.

I'm not counting the guy in Oakland because he was just the interim coach.

Because Mike Smith coaches a team in the NFC Who Gives A Shit? South division, he still had a chance to get his team in the playoffs with a 7-9 record (such bullshit :roll: ). But the Panthers administered the the most thorough ass-kicking Atlanta has seen since William Tecumseh Sherman strolled into town. So I figure he's toast, too.

I think everyone else is safe, but thanks to some owners being dumbasses, there's always a surprise on Black Monday.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

I never thought an org could be as stupid as the browns. But the 9ers firing Harbaugh? Fuck that is stupid.

"Jim and I have come to the conclusion that it is in our mutual best interest to move in different directions," owner Jed York said in a statement. "We thank Jim for bringing a tremendous competitive nature and a great passion for the game to the 49ers. He and his staff restored a winning culture that has been the standard for our franchise throughout its history."
So....why are you getting rid of him? Oh, right, ego.

Stupid. Just stupid. 3 playoff spots, 1 superbowl and 2 NFCCG appearances in 4 years? 49 wins in four seasons? Fuck, teams would be killing for that record. If the niners suddenly start sucking again they got nobody to blame for that but themselves.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Also, why can't we face the goddamn bengals?
------------
------------
My LPs
HeadCreeps
Padawan Learner

Post by HeadCreeps »

Because then the Bengals would actually get a playoff win.
Hindsight is 24/7.
[/size]
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

HeadCreeps wrote:Because then the Bengals would actually get a playoff win.
I laughed.
------------
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Thanas wrote:I never thought an org could be as stupid as the browns. But the 9ers firing Harbaugh? Fuck that is stupid.

"Jim and I have come to the conclusion that it is in our mutual best interest to move in different directions," owner Jed York said in a statement. "We thank Jim for bringing a tremendous competitive nature and a great passion for the game to the 49ers. He and his staff restored a winning culture that has been the standard for our franchise throughout its history."

Stupid. Just stupid. 3 playoff spots, 1 superbowl and 2 NFCCG appearances in 4 years? 49 wins in four seasons? Fuck, teams would be killing for that record. If the niners suddenly start sucking again they got nobody to blame for that but themselves.
They are getting rid of him because he did what they hired him to do, get the 9ers in good enough shape so that whichever municipality is paying for their new stadium would pony up the cash instead of laughing their asses all the way back to candledick park.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Azazal
Jedi Council Member

Post by Azazal »

Flagg wrote:
Thanas wrote:I never thought an org could be as stupid as the browns. But the 9ers firing Harbaugh? Fuck that is stupid.

They are getting rid of him because he did what they hired him to do, get the 9ers in good enough shape so that whichever municipality is paying for their new stadium would pony up the cash instead of laughing their asses all the way back to candledick park.

49ers loss, U of M's gain, well in theory - Jim back in the big house? Have to wait until Tuesday to know for sure though.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

It's official, Harbaugh to Michigan.
------------
------------
My LPs
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Thanas wrote:It's official, Harbaugh to Michigan.
Wow, that means in 2016 I'll get to see his sideline apoplectics in person. Well that'll be fun. :D
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Elfdart wrote:Fuck you Havok, just fuck you! May you hire Rich Kotite by New Year's Eve!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Wow. Win and in vs a team with a starting QB that went out with a fucking spleen laceration from the week before, that went 16 games, AN ENTIRE SEASON, without a single wide receiver catching a touchdown pass. Good job San Diego. :D
Now that Harbaugh has been dismissed (Is A.J. Smith running the 49ers now?), it's time for the most interesting part of the season. That's right: The Last Monday!

My money is on Marc Trestman being fired by noon. Jay Cutler, the serial coach killer, claims another victim! Why isn't CSI on the case?

Rex Ryan will also be fired, though I would keep him if I ran the Jets. Of course if I ran the Jets that screwy asshole in the white fireman's helmet would be dumped in the nearest river. Rex will be unemployed about as long as he wants to be.

I'm not counting the guy in Oakland because he was just the interim coach.

Because Mike Smith coaches a team in the NFC Who Gives A Shit? South division, he still had a chance to get his team in the playoffs with a 7-9 record (such bullshit :roll: ). But the Panthers administered the the most thorough ass-kicking Atlanta has seen since William Tecumseh Sherman strolled into town. So I figure he's toast, too.

I think everyone else is safe, but thanks to some owners being dumbasses, there's always a surprise on Black Monday.
Right on the money.
Although I have to say I really thought Harbaugh would stay in the NFL.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Flagg wrote:

Except the deal was finalized in 2010 before the season started and the successful 11-14 run.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Alferd Packer wrote:
Thanas wrote:It's official, Harbaugh to Michigan.
Wow, that means in 2016 I'll get to see his sideline apoplectics in person. Well that'll be fun. :D
Harbaugh getting to recruit and coach top tier college football talent without intelligence minimum restrictions should be a thing to see. :wink:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Havok wrote:
Elfdart wrote:Fuck you Havok, just fuck you! May you hire Rich Kotite by New Year's Eve!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Wow. Win and in vs a team with a starting QB that went out with a fucking spleen laceration from the week before, that went 16 games, AN ENTIRE SEASON, without a single wide receiver catching a touchdown pass. Good job San Diego. :D
Oh bite my ass!

You don't deserve Rich Kotite. You deserve Wade Phillips.

And I deserve this for once again deluding myself into thinking the Chargers wouldn't shit the bed as usual:

I don't think the team needs new ownership, management or coaching. They need a goddamned exorcist! :banghead:
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

I almost had to pull the car over this morning listening to Sirius NFL hosts Bob Papa and Anthony MacFarlane going on and on about what a plum job the Bears' HC position must be. I was laughing too hard to keep both hands on the wheel. Yes, the Bears have an average line (an improvement over recent years), good receivers and the best all-around back in the NFL in Matt Forte. Of course they also have Jay Cutler, who has destroyed more coaching careers than any player I can remember. Let's have a look:

Ron Turner -I know people like to goof on Norv's little brother, but he was a good enough OC to get a team quarterbacked by Rex Grossman to the Super Bowl.
Mike Martz -Could take nobodies and make first-rate QBs out of them everywhere he went. Except Jay Cutler, naturally.
Mike Tice -Decent HC in Minnesota
Mike Shanahan -SB winning HC/OC (Martz and Shanahan are among the very few offensive coaches whose teams scored over 500 points in a season)
Rick Dennison -successful OC in Denver before Cutler came along
Marc Trestman -successful OC for the 49ers and Raiders
Aaron Kromer -successful OC with the Saints
Lovie Smith -See Mike Martz, Ron Turner

All these men lost jobs because they were gullible enough to think they could "fix" Jay Cutler.

No desirable HC candidate is going to touch the Chicago job while Jay Cutler is on the roster. Any coach eager to take on the job and Cutler lacks the good sense to be a head coach.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Havok wrote: Except the deal was finalized in 2010 before the season started and the successful 11-14 run.
Hey, don't you bring your fucking facts in here. GOD HATES FACTS!
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Good for him. Rumours are they were forcing him to start Manuel again. Plus new owners.

I would have quit as well.
------------
------------
My LPs
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Congratulations to the Panthers for somehow finding a way to make the outcome of a game against literally the worst offense in the history of the NFL playoffs actually seem in doubt for a while.
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

Good game to the Ravens. Good luck in the next round.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Ziggy Stardust wrote:Congratulations to the Panthers for somehow finding a way to make the outcome of a game against literally the worst offense in the history of the NFL playoffs actually seem in doubt for a while.
Thanks. You actually made me feel a little bit better about the Cardinals losing. :D

If only they could have put together the end of last season and the beginning of this one into one season. It could have been great. :)
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Terralthra wrote:Good game to the Ravens. Good luck in the next round.
Thanks man.

Coach Harbaugh for Coach of the year.
------------
------------
My LPs
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

Well, it helped that our best RB was down from the last regular season game. The number of plays the Steelers started with zero in the backfield and max protect...meh. It doesn't take the best secondary in the world to defend when you don't have to have much of a front line to protect against the run. Bell being out made a huge difference.