Cat saves little boy

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Zor
Sith Acolyte

Cat saves little boy

Post by Zor »

Linked because I can't get the video up
A cat defends a young child who was attacked by a dog.

Zor
Last edited by Zor on 2014-05-15 05:42pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Cat saves little boy

Post by The Romulan Republic »

The link doesn't work. But I think I've already seen this, and its pretty cool. Is this the one where a cat kicks a dog's ass?
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

The Romulan Republic wrote:The link doesn't work. But I think I've already seen this, and its pretty cool. Is this the one where a cat kicks a dog's ass?
Yes, sorry about the video.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

I like it that after attacking the dog, the cat takes a brief second to look at the kid before taking off after the dog. It is as if the cat was making sure the boy was ok. :)

My respect towards cats has gone up.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

That's a bad ass kitty.
Metahive
Sith Devotee

Post by Metahive »

Cats are actually quite formidable fighters because they're nimble and have sixteen claws to attack with in addition to their fangs.

In addition, can anyone tell what breed of dog it is?
People at birth are naturally good. Their natures are similar, but their habits make them different from each other.
-Sanzi Jing (Three Character Classic)

Saddam’s crime was so bad we literally spent decades looking for our dropped monocles before we could harumph up the gumption to address it
-User Indigo Jump on Pharyngula

O God, please don't let me die today, tomorrow would be so much better!
-Traditional Spathi morning prayer
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Whatever breed it was, I'm sure it's being put down for attacking the child.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Meest
Jedi Master

Post by Meest »

Metahive wrote:Cats are actually quite formidable fighters because they're nimble and have sixteen claws to attack with in addition to their fangs.

In addition, can anyone tell what breed of dog it is?
The youtube comments keep mentioning Lab/Chow mix. Love how the cat body checks the dog and runs into it full force, seen cats stand off dogs before but it's usually the dog grandstanding and the cat swatting at it's nose if it gets close. What I found interesting is when the dog gets around the car he approaches the boy from behind and almost hesitates before the bite, wonder if the bike confused it.

Not sure on dog behavior but if it was a territory thing wouldn't it bark warnings? The comments also say the mom goes off screen to hold the dog and she got bit too, hopefully it was just a young dog or something or some shitty owners, only other thing I can think of it the boy pesters the dog.
"Somehow I feel, that in the long run, Thanos of Titan came out ahead in this particular deal."
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

The dog is a lab/chow, and apparently escaped the fenced yard at its owner's house as the owner was pulling out of the gate in a car. It will be quarantined, then euthanized, which sounds like the usual check for rabies. The boy did have some significant injuries.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

Metahive wrote:Cats are actually quite formidable fighters because they're nimble and have sixteen claws to attack with in addition to their fangs.
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Ecclesiastes 9:5 (KJV)
Steel
Jedi Master

Post by Steel »

My grandparents had an Alsatian that paired up with a local pitbull. One would flush out the cat, the other would eat it. With this partnership they killed all the cats of people bordering on their territory, which unfortunately as the house backed onto a golf course, was dozens. This was before the dangerous dogs act, so the cat owners had basically no recourse either. I would not ever bet on a house cat in a full on fight with a dog that was bigger than it, nor can the cat evade forever.

Great that this cat was able to save the boy. Owners should take responsibility and make sure that their pets will not be able to harm people especially or other pets. Some breeds are just not appropriate for keeping as pets either.
Apparently nobody can see you without a signature.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Well of course two dogs that big are going to kill house cats one at a time, that's around eight times the mass of one cat, maybe more. You might as well compare those two dogs to one Lion.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Gaidin
Sith Devotee

Post by Gaidin »

According to the news story my parents saw, apparently the cat "adopted" the family when the little boy was a baby...followed them home from the park one day.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Gaidin wrote:According to the news story my parents saw, apparently the cat "adopted" the family when the little boy was a baby...followed them home from the park one day.
Some cats just know who they belong to, and humans just have to get used to it. This is why they are the very image of Familiars.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Kitsune
Sith Devotee

Post by Kitsune »

Gaidin wrote:According to the news story my parents saw, apparently the cat "adopted" the family when the little boy was a baby...followed them home from the park one day.
I had a cat adopt me in a similar manner
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
Thomas Paine

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."
Ecclesiastes 9:5 (KJV)
Haruko
Jedi Master

Post by Haruko »

Having seen one of my cats leap high fangs drawn right onto the back of an attacking dog, this does not surprise me in the least.
If The Infinity Program were not a forum, it would be a pie-in-the-sky project.
Faith is both the prison and the open hand.”— Vienna Teng, "Augustine."
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

This is why I'm glad I own two dogs whose only dangerous qualities are the stupid looks they give out.