NFL 2013

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Re: NFL 2013

Post by Elfdart »

Tomzilla wrote:
Flagg wrote:Wilson is a punk and Pete Carrol is a Bellichek disciple.
Why do you think Wilson is a punk?
Why does he think Carroll is a Bellycheat disciple?
Last edited by Elfdart on 2014-01-23 09:51pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

By the way, this reminds me of when Pete Carroll was an assistant with the Jets (1992?) and made the choke gesture at the Dolphins' kicker after he missed a FG.

For the record, he's a Bill Walsh disciple. Anyway, his dickishness is all his own.

On another subject:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Report: Broncos OC Gase likely to turn down Browns, if offered
By John Breech | CBSSports.com
January 18, 2014 3:03 pm ET

At the rate the Browns are going, they might end up coaching themselves next season and that's because no one seems to want the head coaching job in Cleveland. Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase would likely turn down the Browns coaching job if the team offered, according to Cleveland.com.

That makes Gase the third person in less than a week who apparently isn't interested in becoming Cleveland's next head coach. Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels and Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles both withdrew their names earlier this month.

CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reported earlier this month that Gase was the first person the Browns wanted to interview for the job.

Gase hasn't interviewed with the Browns yet because he decided to put off all interviews until the Broncos are eliminated from the playoffs. That elimination could come as early as Sunday if Denver loses to the Patriots in the AFC Championship Game.

According to the report from Cleveland.com, Gase is likely to turn the job down because he wants to spend another season as Peyton Manning's offensive coordinator. Gase has been in Denver since 2009, but this season was his first as offensive coordinator.

Cleveland owner Jimmy Haslam wrote a letter to Browns fans on Jan. 15 saying that the team was "prepared to wait as long as necessary" to hire a coach and that the Browns "have purposefully been very methodical" in their search.

Of course, if worse comes to worse, Rob Chudzinski's always available.
:lol:
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Seahawks fans/players have a pretty damn big chip on their shoulder considering the complete lack of rings in their jewelry box. Take it from me, because if anyone knows about having a chip on their shoulder it would be a Pats fan. Instant disdain. I hope Manning lights up those arrogant fuckers like the fourth of July.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Col. Crackpot wrote:Seahawks fans/players have a pretty damn big chip on their shoulder considering the complete lack of rings in their jewelry box. Take it from me, because if anyone knows about having a chip on their shoulder it would be a Pats fan. Instant disdain. I hope Manning lights up those arrogant fuckers like the fourth of July.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Alright that's actually pretty funny
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Col. Crackpot wrote:Alright that's actually pretty funny
It's nothing compared to this:
Kellen Winslow accused of lewd act; Twitter reacts
Jimmy Traina
FOX Sports

JAN 17, 2014 12:39p ET

Jets tight end Kellen Winslow was charged with possession of synthetic marijuana in November.

Today, N.J. com released details of the arrest and it wasn't pretty for Winslow.

A woman claims she saw Winslow committing a lewd act in his car.

The story goes something like this: Winslow was outside of a Target in East Hanover, N.J. Police arrived and found two open containers of Vaseline on his console. Winslow allegedly told one of the cops he was looking for a Boston Market.

Of course, this story was gold for people on Twitter. The jokes were flying at rapid speed and we have collected some of the best for your viewing pleasure.
I think we have a winner!

To think I grew up idolizing his dad.
Darth Quorthon
Jedi Knight

Post by Darth Quorthon »

I was just watching "Sportscenter" and they said Bowman's injury is an ACL/MCL tear.

Also, #weedwillrocku

One thing I took away from Sunday's games was something Troy Aikman said during the niners-seahawks game, something along the lines of "Their defense doesn't disguise a lot of stuff," which to me means Manning ought to have an easy time dissecting the Seahawks defense. On the other hand I heard or read somewhere that typically when a Superbowl features a top offense versus a top defense, it's typically the team with the top defense that comes out on top. I'll be cheering for Denver nonetheless.
"For the first few weeks of rehearsal, we tend to sound like a really, really bad Rush tribute band." -Alex Lifeson

"See, we plan ahead, that way we don't do anything right now." - Valentine McKee

"Next time you're gonna be a bit higher!" -General from Birani

"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin." - H. L. Mencken

He who creates shields by fire - Rotting Christ, Lex Talionis
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Darth Quorthon wrote: One thing I took away from Sunday's games was something Troy Aikman said during the niners-seahawks game, something along the lines of "Their defense doesn't disguise a lot of stuff," which to me means Manning ought to have an easy time dissecting the Seahawks defense. On the other hand I heard or read somewhere that typically when a Superbowl features a top offense versus a top defense, it's typically the team with the top defense that comes out on top. I'll be cheering for Denver nonetheless.
If a defense doesn't try to disguise anything it usually means there are no glaring holes in need of being covered up. In other words, they're good enough that they believe every one of their defenders can and will beat the man across from them. I'm inclined to agree with them.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

The Niners D is the same way, except with zone schemes instead of man to man.

Here's the thing with that: Man to man means CBs and safeties turn their backs to the QB which allows a QB like Kaepernick to run for huge gains. Most teams aren't good enough to play Man to Man across the board like the Seahawks can so you usually get one guy shutting down half the field, leaving the rest of the field open for the TE, slot and Z.
Against Manning, who isn't going to be running (Unless he and Fox make and execute the game plan of a life time) the Seahawks don't have to keep an eye in the backfield.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Block
Jedi Council Member

Post by Block »

Yeah, I think it may come down to how accurate Manning is. If the Seahawks aren't hiding what they do, Peyton will know where the ball needs to go, it'll just have to be good throws pretty much without fail.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Seattle should pray for snow and cold.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

The weather forecast for February 2nd in NYC is 47 and sunny. A little cool for it to be perfect football weather, but not by much.

Richard Sherman can talk as much as he wants, I'm pretty fucking sick of the No Fun League's faux humility. Also because like pretty much every elite CB in the NFL, Richard Sherman can't shut down Stevie Johnson.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1655 ... -you-think
Many thanks! These darned computers always screw me up. I calculated my first death-toll using a hand-cranked adding machine (we actually calculated the average mortality in each city block individually). Ah, those were the days.
-Stuart
"Mix'em up. I'm tired of States' Rights."
-Gen. George Thomas, Union Army of the Cumberland
houser2112
Padawan Learner

Post by houser2112 »

Falkenhayn wrote:Also because like pretty much every elite CB in the NFL, Richard Sherman can't shut down Stevie Johnson.
As long as he remains a Bill, that will continue to not matter.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

houser2112 wrote:
Falkenhayn wrote:Also because like pretty much every elite CB in the NFL, Richard Sherman can't shut down Stevie Johnson.
As long as he remains a Bill, that will continue to not matter.
OH DAAAAAAAMN! :lol:
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Seriously, damn. :lol:

I don't know why that kid didn't jump ship while he had the chance.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

...aaaaaaand Mike Pettine is the new HC of the Cleveland Browns.

Can't catch a break this week.
Many thanks! These darned computers always screw me up. I calculated my first death-toll using a hand-cranked adding machine (we actually calculated the average mortality in each city block individually). Ah, those were the days.
-Stuart
"Mix'em up. I'm tired of States' Rights."
-Gen. George Thomas, Union Army of the Cumberland
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Elfdart wrote:
Tomzilla wrote:
Flagg wrote:Wilson is a punk and Pete Carrol is a Bellichek disciple.
Why do you think Wilson is a punk?
Why does he think Carroll is is a Bellycheat disciple?
Some idiot relative insisted he was and I took their word for it rather than google it. Who is the greater idiot, the idiot or the idiot that follows him?
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Falkenhayn wrote:...aaaaaaand Mike Pettine is the new HC of the Cleveland Browns.

Can't catch a break this week.
Don't worry, you can have him back in a year or two when the Browns are asking why he has not completed a five year rebuilt in one year and then fire him.

And given that the Browns are currently still paying Shurmer and Chudzsinki and have just finished paying Holmgren this year, he might even take less money seeing how the browns pay for five years in advance.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

So we hired Kubiak. I am cautiously optimistic.

This is a great article about Richard Sherman. If nothing else, it is a good way to see how a narrative is spun before the SB.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Meanwhile, Colin Kaeperpick continues this great whine and cheese tour.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... d-sherman/
------------
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

So not only is he a butthurt sore losing whiner bitch, he's also a fucking coward.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

------------
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

That would be excellent parody if it all wasn't 100% true.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Wow... Bowman didn't even get A SINGLE VOTE for Defensive Player of the Year.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

I love that Manning (do I even need to differentiate between the 2?) got 49 out of 50 votes for MVP. I wonder how hard Gisele sucked the cock of Brady's one vote. :lol:
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw