NFL 2013

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: NFL 2013

Post by Thanas »

Fuck this shit. We hold the packers to 6 points and our O is again shitting the bed. Line is bad. Rice is worse. If we lose this, it is all on him. I am not even sure if he has cracked double-digits positive yards yet.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

We keep putting Flacco in 3&15. Man.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Fucking Ray Rice. Sucking all day. Dropping crucial passes.

Flacco passes for 342 yards and 2 TDs and Ray Rice gets 34 yards on 14 carries. Oh, and drops a crucial pass that hit him right in the hands.
------------
------------
My LPs
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

Well, they won one. Finally. Over the Jets.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Havok wrote:Fuck. I wouldn't want to be the Carolina Panthers defense this Sunday.
Or not. I thought AP would go all Farve on them and put up like 300 yards.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

I don't think Frazier should have let him play at all. Favre's father died of natural causes; Peterson's son was murdered.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I heard some scuttlebutt that Peterson hadn't even seen the kid more than a couple times. It wasn't AP Jr.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Yeah, the parentage of the boy was in question - no paternity test at all - and Peterson apparently did not know he had even fathered him until the mother told him it was his kid.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

So a familiar song - our run game sucks. Vonta Leach was our best RB. JOE FLACCO WAS OUR SECOND-BEST RUSHER. And to top it off our ST and D have decided to join the suckage.

Joe Flacco is our best player once again but that is no good if you cannot run the ball (because Ray Rice sucks), cannot pick up blitzers (because Ray Rice sucks) and . Rice seems to have completely forgotten how to hit a whole. He does his dancing bear act in the backfield then goes down at first contact. He gained 45 yards on 15 carries. WTF? Why are we paying 8 mil a year for somebody to have half the yards per carry as our immobile QB? And it is not like he is a threat in the passing game either. Brush him and he goes down, if he even can release properly. The less said about him "picking up" blitzers the better.

And I don't get why this is. It is not as if he is too old. Did he just fall off in the offseason? Or is this all on the OL? Maybe not, but then again our OL apparently has forgotten how to block as well. Not that this excuses Rice from his utter suckitude and cowardice, but goddamn Juan Castillo has completely fucked up our run blocking. Run-game coordinator my ass. Yes, Gino Gradkowski is not Matt Birk. But c'mon. This is not how an NFL team should work. It is not like we picked some scrub off the street. If you got a top 10 left tackle, a top five right guard and 1st, 2nd and 4th round picks manning the rest of the line you are expected to play better than this.

Oh and once again our headcoach decides to spot the other team three points by making a boneheaded decision. To be fair I understand why he did it (Ray Rice sucking and our OL not blocking) but this is beyond stupid. Pin the fuckers deep. And to top it off our D is getting mauled and destroyed as well. Our ST coverage is beyond suspect. Fuck me.

So we can't even beat one the worst Steelers team of this decade.

Nice.
------------
------------
My LPs
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

The problem your team has right now is that they insist on playing Ray Rice when it's clear he isn't up to it physically. The HC should sit Rice, and if Leach is the best runner you've got left, then feed him the ball. At least he can block on passing downs.

The Ravens might want to consider going with 2 TEs, 2 WRs and Leach, but only sending the two wideouts downfield -i.e. keeping a back and both tight ends to block. The best thing you have going for you is the deep ball, so use it.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Elfdart wrote:The problem your team has right now is that they insist on playing Ray Rice when it's clear he isn't up to it physically. The HC should sit Rice, and if Leach is the best runner you've got left, then feed him the ball. At least he can block on passing downs.
You would think so but his blocking has not been exactly stellar as well.
The Ravens might want to consider going with 2 TEs, 2 WRs and Leach, but only sending the two wideouts downfield -i.e. keeping a back and both tight ends to block. The best thing you have going for you is the deep ball, so use it.
Problem is that we only have one TE who can block. The other is Dallas Clark and he has never been a blocking tight end.
------------
------------
My LPs
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

A division win on the road is a division win on the road.

But far from convincing. CJ Spiller needs to sit until he's 100%, watching him try to run is painful. Hackett will have to be content with Frank Summers, Tashard Choice and an 80% Fred Jackson.

Marrone's shown a ruthless streak with personnel so far, and he should turn it on his assistants. Special Teams and O Line pass protection have dropped notably from the previous regime. Hackett's also begun running a lot of Gailey-Era formations, so I wonder if he's a little short on ideas. Right now, only the Defensive staff should feel safe, and perhaps the TEs and RBs coaches on the offensive side.
Many thanks! These darned computers always screw me up. I calculated my first death-toll using a hand-cranked adding machine (we actually calculated the average mortality in each city block individually). Ah, those were the days.
-Stuart
"Mix'em up. I'm tired of States' Rights."
-Gen. George Thomas, Union Army of the Cumberland
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

So let's see the rest of the Buc's season lineup...

Panthers
Seahawks
Dolphins
Falcons
Lions
Panthers
Bills
49ers
Rams
Saints

Are any of these teams especially terrible or should I expect a repeat of '76? Maybe then the Lions won't feel so bad anymore...
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

Your best chance at a W is probably the home rematch with the Falcons, IMO.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

GuppyShark wrote:Your best chance at a W is probably the home rematch with the Falcons, IMO.
Maybe the Rams (Bradford is done for the season) or one of the two against the Panthers.
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

RBs for Sunday are: FredEx, Tashard Choice, and Ronnie Wingo. Wingo's newly promoted from the PS vice CB Brandon Burton. Frank Summers is still in at FB. Don't know much about Ronnie Wingo, besides the fact that he's listed 6'3", 231 and Tashard Choice dropped two screen passes against Miami. I'm going to be bold and say that the Saints will get a dose of the run with an FB healthy and two 230+lb RBs active.

"Moral victories" be damned, the Bills are something like 55-72 in 1 possession games. Go beat the Saints.
Many thanks! These darned computers always screw me up. I calculated my first death-toll using a hand-cranked adding machine (we actually calculated the average mortality in each city block individually). Ah, those were the days.
-Stuart
"Mix'em up. I'm tired of States' Rights."
-Gen. George Thomas, Union Army of the Cumberland
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord Relvenous »

Thanas, I thought you might like this.

Also, not even Stafford's teammates knew it was a fake spike, as he didn't decide to go for it until he saw the Cowboys defense standing up as he went to take the snap.
Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Heh.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

WTF are the refs doing? Apparently a QB going head first is not a runner now after he crosses the line of scrimmage :evil: and now the fucking browns are allowed contact after 8 yards? WTF?
------------
------------
My LPs
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Fuck you Ken Whisenhunt! 1st and goal at the 1 and two time outs. Run the ball you asshole! :banghead:
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

RAY RICE IS THE FUCKING WORST. 11 Attemps 21 yards and 3 missed blocs for sacks.

And Juan castillo managed to screw our OL over.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Our Defence: Playing decent until they have to play good.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

6:45 and all 3 timeouts left. Browns at the 29. The D just has to stop them.

Looks like they are unable to do so.
------------
------------
My LPs