NFL 2012

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Re: NFL 2012

Post by Alferd Packer »

Havok wrote:Meh. Some guys are just uncomfortable with it. He didn't say he hates them or anything, he just doesn't want them where he is naked and showering. I can understand that.
I can't. If you're already naked and showering with twenty other dudes, what the fuck does it matter if one or two them happen to suck dicks in their private lives?
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Heh. It is even funny considering that in many countries showers on beaches etc. are unisex or sometimes even have no walls/roofs. Doesn't mean everybody gets scared of seeing naked bodies.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Alferd Packer wrote:
Havok wrote:Meh. Some guys are just uncomfortable with it. He didn't say he hates them or anything, he just doesn't want them where he is naked and showering. I can understand that.
I can't. If you're already naked and showering with twenty other dudes, what the fuck does it matter if one or two them happen to suck dicks in their private lives?
If you can't understand it you are either a moron or a liar.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Havok wrote:If you can't understand it you are either a moron or a liar.
Fine, I'm a giant gibbering idiot. Explain to me, then, in words of one syllable, why it's not homophobic to be uncomfortable with the one gay naked guy (out of the twenty other naked guys) in the showers. You're literally surrounded by glistening wet cocks and balls, what's so special about one of owners of those cocks being gay? He's just trying to take a shower, like the rest of the team.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

I can understand his feelings. That doesn't mean it isn't homophobic at all to declare that no gay players are welcome on the team (it's in fact pretty damn homophobic). If you can't understand that, Hav, you've got serious issues.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I didn't say it wasn't homophobic idiot. I said if you can't understand someone feeling that way you are a moron.
Alfred stated he literally can't understand it, hence moron or liar.

For the record, I don't think it is homophobic honestly. I think it is something else. I seriously doubt its fear of gay people and probably more just thinking it's gross. There has to a be a space between complete acceptance and OMG KILL!
If a straight guy thinks anal with a girl is gross, that doesn't mean he has a built in fear or hatred of guys that like anal with girls.

Look at it another way, if a guy is showering in a women's locker room some of them are going to be uncomfortable whether he wants to fuck them all or none of them. What the fuck does it matter if h eats pussy in his private life right?
Every argument you can make for women not wanting him in there or why it makes them uncomfortable can be made for a gay guy in a mens shower/locker room.
It seems like it is more an issue of sexism than homophobia.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

If he's uncomfortable around gay men, that is a form of homophobia (which isn't just fear, but aversion or dislike or anything like that), but by itself it's a fairly common and relatively harmless one if it's all there is and if it were just that there wouldn't be nearly as much of an issue. But he's not just uncomfortable, he's demanding others accommodate his feelings. Gay people make him feel uncomfortable so he declares they're not welcome in his team and should leave if they already are in it. If they bother him so much he can't think about playing on the team with one, he should either get over it or, if he has to, remove himself from the situation if it comes up, instead.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

SUPERBOWL STARTS IN A FEW HOURS.

YEAH.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Raptor 597
Sith Devotee

Post by Raptor 597 »

So Kaepernick gets injured, Alex Smith comes in and gets MVP. When on the podium, "I'd just like to say FUCK the Harbaughnation." :lol:

Nah, but seriously I got the Ravens. I'm on Team Thanas.
Formerly the artist known as Captain Lennox

"To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me." - Sir Isaac Newton
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

Whoo, so how bout that td?
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

I'm not celebrating yet. There's still time for someone to flip the "ELITE/NOT ELITE" switch on Flacco's back.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

And just like that, all the Bane jokes.
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

Haven't the Niners employed this strategy once already this year? ;)
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

So that facilities manager is getting fired first thing Monday...
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

“@nealpollack This time, it's the rich people trapped in the Superdome.”
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Backup plan if the lights stay out:

"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

wooo. Ravens Football has arrived. Clearly the power outage resumed normal function for us.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

weemadando wrote:And just like that, all the Bane jokes.
WHERES THE TRIGGER!?

Anyway, glad the Ravens won. Madden right again. I look forward to the tears of a biker. :P
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Congratulations Baltimore.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

FOOOOOOOOTBAAAAAAALLLLLLLL
Sephirius
Jedi Master

Post by Sephirius »

I was pulling for the Ravens, but I still thought there was some BS officiating on the last 49er drive. Incomplete pass? HE TOOK THREE STEPS! not to mention the lack of holding call.

So yeah, mixed feelings on this one.
Saying smaller engines are better is like saying you don't want huge muscles because you wouldn't fit through the door. So what? You can bench 500. Fuck doors. - MadCat360
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I can absolutely complain about that no call on the last drive, but I wouldn't want it going against my team the other way.

We shouldn't have even been in this game after the absolute shittastic way we played in the first half. Am I upset we lost, yeah, but as the Ravens are my favorite AFC team it's hard to be super pissed.

It ended up being a great fucking game though. Congrats to Thanas and Ando. I know you guys were sweating fucking bullets at the end.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Yeah, we were. Kaepernick is the real deal. Thanks for being gracious.

WOOOOHOOOO. SUPERBOWL.

The only problem we have now is how to pay our elite franchise SB MVP QB, but that is a good problem to have.
------------
------------
My LPs
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

Well, Baltimore city's not getting any sleep tonight :D
Haminal10
Padawan Learner

Post by Haminal10 »

Wooooooooooooooo!
"If brute force is not solving your problems, you are obviously not using enough"
-Common Imperial Guard saying

"Scripture also says 'Render unto Caesar what Caesar demands.' And right now, Caesar demands a building permit,"
-County Commisioner Mike Whitehead to Dr. Dino