Apple patents rectangle

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Apple patents rectangle

Postby Irbis » 2012-11-15 04:00pm

Yes, pure rectangle, with slightly rounded corners. No buttons or anything like that, their newest patent is literally 4 lines. Oh, and according to their lawyer, apparently there is absolutely no prior art whatsoever.

I wonder, how long will it take until fanboys will spin it into another genius design idea? :lol:

Zaune
Sith Acolyte

Re: Apple patents rectangle

Postby Zaune » 2012-11-15 04:07pm

Does anyone even bother to read patent applications before marking them "approved" anymore?
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Postby PeZook » 2012-11-15 04:50pm

Zaune wrote:Does anyone even bother to read patent applications before marking them "approved" anymore?

I wouldn't be surprised if they preferred to count the zeros on their freshly charged bank account instead.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.

Havok
Miscreant

Postby Havok » 2012-11-15 05:08pm

It's just a design patent people. Calm down.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"

Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.
Location: Versace Versace Medusa head on me like I'm 'luminati

Postby Phantasee » 2012-11-16 08:51am

Groundbreaking. The ghost of Steve Jobs designed that, clearly.
XXV

Zixinus
Sith Acolyte

Postby Zixinus » 2012-11-16 03:55pm

Does anyone remember when Apple was about exploring what can be done with new technologies, both hardware and software, creating new things that can be done?

I think I saw them doing that sometime in a documentary.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! Skype address: Spoiler
bonitz.andras