Where Tolerance Meets Stupidity

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Lord_Of_Change 9
Youngling

Where Tolerance Meets Stupidity

Post by Lord_Of_Change 9 »

Posted here because it seems to fit.

I have discovered a truly hideous corner of the internet, a blog run by a sociopath, for sociopaths:

[redacted]

Three things about that horrid little site shock and offend me beyond all words:

1. The fetid place hasn't been wiped from the internet and its owner arrested by now.

2. Sociopathy is seen by these creatures as just another harmless variation from normal human thought and behaviour.

3. They count Lady Gaga amongst their morally debased, empathy-void kind.

There are no words, no thoughts, to sufficiently describe this slander to the woman and affront to all her family, friends, and fans.

But the other two things are horrible enough on their own. What we are seeing here is the point where tolerance of different behaviours turns into stupidity of the very worst kind: self-destruction. If sociopathy is widely tolerated in our society even for a moment then it will collapse. Sociopathy is inherently parasitic, and it breeds serial killings, genocides, and all the other ills of mankind.

If I was American, I'd contact the FBI.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: Where Tolerance Meets Stupidity

Post by Simon_Jester »

...Are they actually talking about committing crimes, or having committed crimes? The FBI doesn't arrest people for the "crime" of being insane.

And as to the "OH MY GOD THEY SLANDERED LADY GAGA" thing... how many times has someone called someone else a "sociopath" on this very website for expressing an opinion they don't like? Is it only slander when it happens to someone famous?
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

Post by Panzersharkcat »

Seriously. There are going to be idiots on the Internet. It's a big place. 90% of it will be complete shit. Don't worry about it and stop looking at sites that piss you off.
"I'm just reading through your formspring here, and your responses to many questions seem to indicate that you are ready and willing to sacrifice realism/believability for the sake of (sometimes) marginal increases in gameplay quality. Why is this?"
"Because until I see gamers sincerely demanding that if they get winged in the gut with a bullet that they spend the next three hours bleeding out on the ground before permanently dying, they probably are too." - J.E. Sawyer
Grog
Padawan Learner

Post by Grog »

1.Yeah crazy people should not be allowed to run blogs. That would destroy the internet.

2. Uhm they seem to be perfectly aware that if more people where like them then society would colapse for example.

3. As someone said calling people sociopaths is pretty common here.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Posting a link without actually saying anything of substance about said link is bad form.

I get that you don't like these people, but I have no idea why because you have said nothing about them. Not all of us can click on any link at any time. Would you mind giving us a recap on what this group is about and what they support?
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

Oh god. :roll: Someone read the word "sociopath" in a sentence and it didn't contain the words "imprison" "kill" or "horribly mutilate", so they got incredibly offended and started demanding that the sociopath in question be arrested. (I suspect the OP wouldn't be too saddened if the person died or was horribly mutilated either)

Reading that site, it seems to me that the Lord_Of_Change is more dangerous than the site owner.
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

Alyeska wrote:Posting a link without actually saying anything of substance about said link is bad form.

I get that you don't like these people, but I have no idea why because you have said nothing about them. Not all of us can click on any link at any time. Would you mind giving us a recap on what this group is about and what they support?
The Site wrote:A frequent question I get is how can sociopaths be good? Why would sociopaths choose to "do the right thing" if they don't feel the emotion "guilt" like everyone else does?

We all use short cuts to make decisions. It would be impossible for us to make a fully informed, reasoned decision every time such a decision was necessary. Empaths use emotional shortcuts, sociopaths don't/can't, so we come up with some other shortcut. A lot of sociopaths use shortcuts like "anything goes," or "I am only in it for me," but I have also met/talked to many sociopaths who have a more "principled" approach to life. I have met sociopaths who are utilitarian, a la Jeremy Bentham, or even Rawlsian. Some of my readers use religious codes to guide their actions. I use the shortcut of economic efficiency, gap-filled by Judeo-Christian ethics, which for me acts like a mental/emotional exercise regime -- monotonous drudgery, but ultimately good for mental/emotional health. The one thing that sociopath "codes" tend to have in common is that they don't fully map with prevailing social norms.
ZOMG ARREST TEH PSYCHO!!! CALL THE FBI B4 HE KILLS EVERYONE!!!!1one!1!1!!!eleven
Rahvin
Jedi Knight

Post by Rahvin »

Lord_Of_Change 9 wrote:Sociopathy is inherently parasitic, and it breeds serial killings, genocides, and all the other ills of mankind.
...you do realize that the vast majority of sociopaths do not in fact go on serial-killer rampages or initiate genocide, right? You do also realize that some people who are not sociopaths will still do those things, right?

Do you have any reason to suspect that the owner or some reader of that blog has committed or plans to commit or is even likely to commit the crimes you're hyperventilating about?

Sociopathy shouldn't be encouraged necessarily, but there are other incentive systems available besides emotional reaction. Is there really a difference to society whether a person does not commit murder because he doesn't want to risk imprisonment or execution, or that same person does not commit murder because he would feel guilty? Either way, there has been no murder.
"You were doing OK until you started to think."
-ICANT, creationist from evcforum.net
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Post by Alkaloid »

I'm also quite comfortable declaring that 90% of the people on that website (or any group that publicly declares itself to be made up of sociopaths) are not in fact sociopaths but are simply angry arseholes who like to rant about how they don't need other people and like indulging in fantasies where they are a cold blooded manipulative lone wolf type who gives no fucks about anything but themselves when they aren't whining about how girls never go for nice guys. The simple fact that they are trying to get a group of people to validate them through the site indicates that they aren't sociopaths at all.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Yeah, it strikes me as odd that real sociopaths would give two fucking shits if people understood them or their thought processes. :lol:
The site is probably just a giant troll/attention grab meant to sucker stupid people.

Mission accomplished. :lol:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

Alkaloid wrote:I'm also quite comfortable declaring that 90% of the people on that website (or any group that publicly declares itself to be made up of sociopaths) are not in fact sociopaths but are simply angry arseholes who like to rant about how they don't need other people and like indulging in fantasies where they are a cold blooded manipulative lone wolf type who gives no fucks about anything but themselves when they aren't whining about how girls never go for nice guys. The simple fact that they are trying to get a group of people to validate them through the site indicates that they aren't sociopaths at all.
You're a dumbass. There isn't any "group" on that website, it's just one person who's trying to get other people to understand sociopaths a little better. Some people obviously need it.
Bakustra
Sith Devotee

Post by Bakustra »

One of the things that makes mental disorders hard to treat is the sheer social stigma surrounding them renders sufferers unlikely to share information about their disorder with other people, unlikely to seek treatment, and often they end up mistreated and in dead-end shit jobs. Treating sociopathic individuals with dignity and appropriate responses is really the same thing as treating somebody in a wheelchair with dignity, but when it comes to the mind, we are terrified and act shitty. In fact, as long as we assume that sociopaths cannot act morally, as opposed to having difficulties acting morally under normal circumstances, then we end up with self-fulfilling prophecies and with a class of the medically unwell who will have even greater difficulties getting treated.
Invited by the new age, the elegant Sailor Neptune!
I mean, how often am I to enter a game of riddles with the author, where they challenge me with some strange and confusing and distracting device, and I'm supposed to unravel it and go "I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE" and take great personal satisfaction and pride in our mutual cleverness?
- The Handle, from the TVTropes Forums
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Post by Alkaloid »

You're a dumbass. There isn't any "group" on that website, it's just one person who's trying to get other people to understand sociopaths a little better. Some people obviously need it.
I'm terribly sorry. When people use terms like 'these creatures,' 'they' and the website contains a 'forum' I typically associate it with multiple people. I understand now that my entire concept of pluralities was wrong, and will attempt to refrain from referring to multiple people as a 'group' in future.
Count Chocula
Jedi Council Member
Location: You've asked me for my sacrifice, and I am winter born

Post by Count Chocula »

Look at the bright side: thanks to this site, we know where our next crop of politicians are coming from!

EDIT: OK I just read the first page. The posters strike me as cold, not-quite-normal humans who are completely self-centered and seeking attention. I find it curious that none of them seem to care about others supporting their mindsets, they're like electrons in an orbit around a neutron and uninvolved with the other posters. Curious.
The only people who were safe were the legion; after one of their AT-ATs got painted dayglo pink with scarlet go faster stripes, they identified the perpetrators and exacted revenge. - Eleventh Century Remnant

Lord Monckton is my heeerrooo

"Yeah, well, fuck them. I never said I liked the Moros." - Shroom Man 777
Skgoa
Jedi Master

Post by Skgoa »

People who have a slight damage to their psyche aren't all crazy axe-murderers and actually are pretty normal and nuanced guys? WHO KNEW? :roll:
What's next, a marxist who doesn't want to evict you from your home at gunpoint?

Many readers have asked me how sociopaths respond to feelings of loss, either a break up, a death, etc. I discussed this once myself in the context of fungibility. A sociopath reader agreed to share her own experiences regarding the loss of a partner.

He was the ultimate empath. Not blind to my sociopathy at all. Yet he embraced me and loved me unconditionally. It was an intense and giving sort of love, which suited my selfish love just fine. We were puzzle pieces.

One morning, I stopped hearing from him. No cheerful "Good morning, beautiful" text. One day turned to two days. On the third day (he didn't rise again), his brother sent out a mass message saying he was involved in a motor vehicle collision and was in critical, comatose condition. I expected to feel like I'd been sucker punched. Instead, I felt strangely the same. As devoid as I'd always been. I really thought it would work out and I'd get the sociopath's version of happily ever after, haha. We were planning on an extended vacation, just the two of us, for later that summer. After he passed, my sister, with whom he was on friendly terms, revealed to me that he had been planning on proposing that summer. She'd been sworn to secrecy.

Shit sucks. But you get over it. For those of us who have an emotional deficit, it's an easier and quicker process. I still miss his presence and unconditional acceptance, but I have no intentions of putting a halt to my life for a body that's six feet under. I'm currently dating a guy who displays distinct sociopathic traits and that has its own problems. I don't concern myself with what-ifs with the dead, unless it's the zombie apocalypse.
Man, TEH EVULZ just reeks from that, doesn't it? We should burn them all at the stake!
http://www.politicalcompass.org/test
Economic Left/Right: -7.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.74

This is pre-WWII. You can sort of tell from the sketch style, from thee way it refers to Japan (Japan in the 1950s was still rebuilding from WWII), the spelling of Tokyo, lots of details. Nothing obvious... except that the upper right hand corner of the page reads "November 1931." --- Simon_Jester
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Lord_Of_Change 9 wrote: 3. They count Lady Gaga amongst their morally debased, empathy-void kind.
Why is this the bolded bit, anyway?

Other posters here have already showed that you are retarded in your conceptions of both what sociopathy actually IS, and what this site seems to be for.

But, even in your own bizarre little world, why is the Lady Gaga bit given precedence/emphasis over the whole collapse of society thing? I mean, I guess you are just a moron, but still, get your ill-conceived priorities straight.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Can we please not inspire an invasion in either direction? Thread locked. I'm removing the link too.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.