's already tomorrow here.
>>Your head hurts.

>>Quaff painkillers

>>Your head no longer hurts.
Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

Re: World to End on Saturday

Post by Colonel Olrik »

Damn it, this means that the mortgage we took yesterday really needs to be paid and so I need to to to work on Monday. Part of me was kind of hoping..
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Colonel Olrik wrote:Damn it, this means that the mortgage we took yesterday really needs to be paid and so I need to to to work on Monday. Part of me was kind of hoping..
My condolences. Though the alternative was a 5 month period of Hell on Earth as the human race is slowly destroyed, so I really can't see what you're complaining about. :wink:
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
General Mung Beans
Jedi Knight
Location: Orange Prefecture, California Sector, America Quadrant, Terra

Post by General Mung Beans »

Apparently the Campingites are insisting we must wait until Midnight Jerusalem Time even though the Hebrew Day (by which Camping "determined" the date) ends at sunset. :roll:
El Moose Monstero: That would be the winning song at Eurovision. I still say the Moldovans were more fun. And that one about the Apricot Tree.
That said...it is growing on me.
Thanas: It is one of those songs that kinda get stuck in your head so if you hear it several times, you actually grow to like it.
General Zod: It's the musical version of Stockholm syndrome.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

I feel fine.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

^I think REM is appropriate right now...
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

May 22 is oficially Laugh At The Rapture Not Occuring Day.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Darmalus
Jedi Master

Post by Darmalus »

If you are still on Earth, you best fill out the proper paperwork.

http://i.imgur.com/RnAmQ.jpg

(No idea who to give credit to, or I would.)
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

I think these people are in serious danger of being laughed off the face of the Earth.

God doesn't seem terribly involved with it, though.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

A little bit of disappointment:
Minister's followers wait in vain for world's end

Nanette Asimov, Chronicle Staff Writer

Saturday, May 21, 2011

(05-21) 12:29 PDT Oakland -- Followers of an Oakland radio minister who predicted that Saturday would mark the start of the world's last days waited in vain for a religious homecoming that never happened.

After driving across country from Maryland with his family in the hope of being taken up to heaven in Rapture with a crowd of fellow believers, Keith Bauer admitted his disappointment Saturday as he stood in an empty parking lot outside the locked Family Radio headquarters in Oakland.

"I was hoping. I think heaven will be a lot better than this earth," the 36-year-old trucker told a knot of reporters who outnumbered visitors at the grimy hub of worldwide speculation about the world's end at 6 p.m. Saturday.

Neither radio employees nor radio minister Harold Camping were in evidence Saturday morning in the station parking lot on Hegenberger Road near the Oakland Airport.

Although it wasn't yet 6 p.m. in Oakland, Bauer and other believers began having doubts about Camping's prophecy when the predicted earthquakes and devastation didn't happen in places like New Zealand, where the minister's predicted day of doom, destruction and religious Rapture had come and gone.

The 89-year-old Camping was unavailable for comment, having said that he wanted to spend what he expected to be his last hours on Earth with his family. He had preached that the Rapture, where believing Christians would be removed bodily from the world, would happen Saturday, with the final end of the world coming five months later, on Oct.21.

"There's definitely a pre-determined date, but that's up to God," Bauer said. "It could still happen today."

A large compound, the radio station was locked up tight Saturday. Razor wire encircled a rear parking lot, adjacent to the radio's warehouse. Through barred windows, it was possible to see boxes stacked up inside. On each box a label had been glued, saying "I hope God will save me -- Harold Camping."

Outside, a poster on the warehouse wall read, "The end of the world is almost here. Holy God will bring judgment day on May 21, 2011."

Yet, considering all the New Zealanders who persisted in remaining alive and unraptured, David Richardson, another visitor, observed, "We're in partial failure mode."

Unlike Bauer, David Richardson hadn't expected otherwise. Richardson, the quality assurance officer at Lawrence Berkeley Lab, isn't a Camping follower. He describes himself as a "compassionist" and had come to the radio station parking lot for reasons other than group rapture.

He was there "to let them know that if the theological speculation of a fallible man fails, then that does not mean God has failed you," Richardson said. "We all make mistakes."

This wasn't Camping's first attempt at using numerology from the Bible to predict the end of the world. Camping hadpredicted that Judgment Day would be in September 1994, a time that passed without incident.

"Predicting the end of the world is a bit like alcoholism," Richardson said. "Once you get started, it's hard to stop."
What small, empty lives these people must leave.
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Oh, and by the way...
Harold Camping's Family Radio Worth $72m

May 21, 2011 3:52 PM EDT

While Harold Camping's doomsday prediction hasn't panned out, there is one associated with him that is. Camping is the President of California-based Family Radio, a religious broadcasting network that spans more than 150 outlets in the United States.

The non-profit organization received $80 million in contributions between 2005 and 2009.

Their latest IRS filings shows almost all funds are from donations, with $18 million in total in 2009. Based on their financial documents, accountants put the total worth of Family Radio at $72 million. Numerous groups have accused the Family Radio of scamming people to get donations.

However, almost entire group's net worth is tied up in FCC broadcasting licenses, valued at $56 million. Family Radio said it only has $1.5 million in cash on its books at the end of 2009.

Many of Camping's followers have quit their job, given up their houses and their savings to support Camping's prediction.

The nonprofit employed about 350 people and paid them a collective $8.3 million -- or roughly $23,000 per person -- in 2009. Camping previously made a failed prediction Jesus Christ would return to Earth in 1994.

He could not be reached immediately for comment on Saturday.
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

There is but one appropriate response to Camping and his flock (and never did that word have such applicability as now):

BWAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHA :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Apocalypse? Maybe later.

We should all make doomsday jokes like there's no tomorrow. :angelic:

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

I saw a great quote from someone over at Salon.

"... they said atheists would be laughing on the other side of their face this Saturday, and we're all laughing so much we need every inch of face." -Palindromebeta
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

The only thing that I could say if the rapture had happened today is; Oh so you mean that Duke Nukem Forever isn't coming out before the world ends. What a surprise.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Well, it's past midnight and nothing happened. Wow! Amazing... They were wrong again? :?

Well, there is always 2012... :wink:

Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

The world cannot end, because how else will Marty McFly visit 2015?
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

The Infidel wrote:Well, it's past midnight and nothing happened. Wow! Amazing... They were wrong again? :?
Well, not entirely...

aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Lord of the Abyss
Village Idiot

Post by Lord of the Abyss »

weemadando wrote:I saw a great quote from someone over at Salon.

"... they said atheists would be laughing on the other side of their face this Saturday, and we're all laughing so much we need every inch of face." -Palindromebeta
I like this quote from another forum: "The sky is this funny blue color, not the normal gray. There's no rain falling. And there's a really bright THING in it, so bright you can't look at it. I'm sure this has something to do with the end of the world." - Anne Neville, Pittsburgh
"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - John Rogers
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

6pm and my overly religious room mate is no where to be found. He's either been raptured away or spending time at the bar getting drunk.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Darmalus wrote:If you are still on Earth, you best fill out the proper paperwork.

http://i.imgur.com/RnAmQ.jpg

(No idea who to give credit to, or I would.)
LMAO.
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

They're still here?

Shit...

When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

:lol: Laser tag in the Vatican. LMAO! Now that would be worth a pilgrimage. :lol:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

nvm