Top Gear: Series 15

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Re: Top Gear: Series 15

Post by Bounty »

I don't get why people fault it for having plastic parts. It's light, cheap (I guess) and both dent and rust-proof. Who cares it sounds like a Tupperware box if you tap it?

RE: Cruise and Cameron being hella-fast, remember that this is a new board with only a few people having gone round so far. It's not that hard to come out on top when your competition is a teenage wizard and a guy who's famous for being a businessman.

As for the Veyron being shit on the track, the Supersports has just posted the fastest ever time around the TG track; whatever held back the original seems to have been fixed.
Twigler
Padawan Learner

Post by Twigler »

RE: Cruise and Cameron being hella-fast, remember that this is a new board with only a few people having gone round so far. It's not that hard to come out on top when your competition is a teenage wizard and a guy who's famous for being a businessman.
That businessman was 9th on the Lancetti leader board, which was pretty respectable. I figured that Cruise would have had the right attitude and background to get a good time, Cameron was a surprise. I think Cruise's time is going to be a tough one to beat.

Still, I'd like to see Kevin McCloud back in that new car. He had virtually no experience whatsoever and came second on the Lancetti board. I hope the racing bug bit him and he's been practising.
Jay Kay and Cowell will probably take some time out of their schedule as well. :D
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

ShadowDragon8685 wrote:Reread the bolded part, you illiterate fuck. Sabine Schmidt in a Porsche 911 Turbo will flatten Joe Schmoe in a Bugatti Veyron. Hell, Sabine Schmidt in a fucking Ford Transit flattened Joe Schmoes in a 911.
Go look at the lap times posted for the Nurburgring, boy. You'll notice it's a small fucking driver pool, all of them on the same fucking track. Now I know you're retarded from all the alcohol and drugs you're mother sucked down after she failed to swallow the load that became you, but that's more than good enough to judge other cars against each other.

But the fun part, you're going about Sabine Schmidt, so apparently you've got a massive hardon for race car drivers, you flat out ignore that the Corvette ZR-1 driven by an engineer and not a professional driver posted a much faster lap time than the Veyron did with a proifressional driver at the wheel.

Now seriously, shitbird, get the fuck out. No one likes you, no one wants you here, and you're retarded screeching distracts us from the topic.

weemadando wrote:I think the point is that a Corvette is ugly and in Australia, merely owning one is grounds for being fed to the funnel webs. Especially when the car that you are comparing it to is a Veyron.
So what you're saying is Australians are retarded and often fall for a style-over-substance gimmick and are willing to pay through the nose for a car that can get its ass handed to it by much cheaper cars come track day.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
ShadowDragon8685
Village Idiot

Post by ShadowDragon8685 »

Mr. Coffee wrote:
ShadowDragon8685 wrote:Reread the bolded part, you illiterate fuck. Sabine Schmidt in a Porsche 911 Turbo will flatten Joe Schmoe in a Bugatti Veyron. Hell, Sabine Schmidt in a fucking Ford Transit flattened Joe Schmoes in a 911.
Go look at the lap times posted for the Nurburgring, boy. You'll notice it's a small fucking driver pool, all of them on the same fucking track. Now I know you're retarded from all the alcohol and drugs you're mother sucked down after she failed to swallow the load that became you, but that's more than good enough to judge other cars against each other.

But the fun part, you're going about Sabine Schmidt, so apparently you've got a massive hardon for race car drivers, you flat out ignore that the Corvette ZR-1 driven by an engineer and not a professional driver posted a much faster lap time than the Veyron did with a proifressional driver at the wheel.
She's a smoking hot woman who speaks magnificent English and drives really, really fast... What's not to have a hard-on about, cumnuzzle? More seriously - and more to the point, my point was that someone who is a very good driver in a car which is definitively worse will flatten a less-skilled driver, even in the best car in the world.

And no "just" an Engineer, moron. If you're one of the guys who built and tested the damn thing, and you're out there setting times, you are a professional driver capable of competing with race drivers if you've a mind to do so; probably one of the most qualified people, in fact.

Now seriously, shitbird, get the fuck out. No one likes you, no one wants you here, and you're retarded screeching distracts us from the topic.
QQ moar. I can still hear my music over the sound of your impotent whining.
CaptainChewbacca wrote:Dude...

Way to overwork a metaphor Shadow. I feel really creeped out now.
I am an artist, metaphorical mind-fucks are my medium.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Mr. Coffee wrote:
weemadando wrote:I think the point is that a Corvette is ugly and in Australia, merely owning one is grounds for being fed to the funnel webs. Especially when the car that you are comparing it to is a Veyron.
So what you're saying is Australians are retarded and often fall for a style-over-substance gimmick and are willing to pay through the nose for a car that can get its ass handed to it by much cheaper cars come track day.
No, what I'm saying is that talking how a car looks, this:

Is unquestionably better looking than this:

Sure there's a track performance gap and a price gap of about a million dollars. But are you really going to tell me that a corvette is the better looking car?
JointStrikeFighter
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Post by JointStrikeFighter »

Protip for coffee:

The world that isnt america like understated styles. Not garish gaudmobiles.
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

ShadowDragon8685 wrote:She's a smoking hot woman who speaks magnificent English and drives really, really fast... What's not to have a hard-on about, cumnuzzle?
Just as I thought, you're not actually looking at anything beyond superficial shit and you're knowledge of both cars and racing begins and ends with you being able to rub one out to a glossy of the driver. Way to prove that title of your dead right....

ShadowDragon8685 wrote: More seriously - and more to the point, my point was that someone who is a very good driver in a car which is definitively worse will flatten a less-skilled driver, even in the best car in the world.
So you're just dancing around the issue and are complete know-nothing. That's fucking obvious, you slack-jawed dumbass.

ShadowDragon8685 wrote:And no "just" an Engineer, moron. If you're one of the guys who built and tested the damn thing, and you're out there setting times, you are a professional driver capable of competing with race drivers if you've a mind to do so; probably one of the most qualified people, in fact.
No, as a matter of fact he's not a professional anything other than a professional engineer. You want professional driver then look at the other guy that drove the ZR-1 to a faster time than the Veyron's on Nurburgring, Horst von Saurma. Sure, Jim Mero's done a lot of laps on the Nurburgring to get the track layout, but he's not a professional driver.

Or are you saying that anyone who takes a car around a track more than once is suddenly a professional race car driver? If that's the case then I guess I'm fucking professional driver along with anyone who's ever taken a car for a few laps on a track day.

ShadowDragon8685 wrote:QQ moar. I can still hear my music over the sound of your impotent whining.
So basically you're just being a troll again. Good to know.

weemadando wrote:Sure there's a track performance gap and a price gap of about a million dollars. But are you really going to tell me that a corvette is the better looking car?
To me, sure it is. The Vette looks like it belongs on a track. The Veyron looks like it belongs in a museum or some rich asshole's garage collecting dust. One looks like it made for a specific purpose, the other looks like the designers couldn't figure out what the car was actually supposed to do other than be obnoxious in every possible way.

JointStrikeFighter wrote:The world that isnt america like understated styles. Not garish gaudmobiles.
Protip for JSF:

Seriously, could you do something other than +1 posts, you dumb trolling fuckhead? It's pretty fucking sad when Shadowdragon of all people is doing a better job of adding content to a thread than you, JSF. You are not Stark, JSF, quit trying to emulate his gimmick and get one of your own.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
ShadowDragon8685
Village Idiot

Post by ShadowDragon8685 »

Mr. Coffee wrote:Just as I thought, you're not actually looking at anything beyond superficial shit and you're knowledge of both cars and racing begins and ends with you being able to rub one out to a glossy of the driver. Way to prove that title of your dead right....
Just as I thought, you're not actually looking at anything beyond ways and means to try and be abusive to me without adding anything to a thread. Fuck off or come back prepared to talk about Cars and/or Top Gear and/or racing drivers.
ShadowDragon8685 wrote: More seriously - and more to the point, my point was that someone who is a very good driver in a car which is definitively worse will flatten a less-skilled driver, even in the best car in the world.
So you're just dancing around the issue and are complete know-nothing. That's fucking obvious, you slack-jawed dumbass.
Funnily enough, we haven't heard from Serafina since I challenged her to back up her claim with data. You know nothing, since you're going on about the fucking Corvette, but you also "know" I'm an acceptable target so you're trying to bully me out of a thread about Top Gear and cars. It won't work.

ShadowDragon8685 wrote:And no "just" an Engineer, moron. If you're one of the guys who built and tested the damn thing, and you're out there setting times, you are a professional driver capable of competing with race drivers if you've a mind to do so; probably one of the most qualified people, in fact.
No, as a matter of fact he's not a professional anything other than a professional engineer. You want professional driver then look at the other guy that drove the ZR-1 to a faster time than the Veyron's on Nurburgring, Horst von Saurma. Sure, Jim Mero's done a lot of laps on the Nurburgring to get the track layout, but he's not a professional driver.
He's a GM engineer, he helped design the thing. He knows it as well as anybody, and I guarantee you he'd had a lot of practice in the car before he went to the Nurburgring. However, I can't seem to find any mention of a professional driver (and don't try to say Jim Mero isn't a professional driver, nobody who isn't a pro is going to post a sub 7:30 lap time on the Nurburgring no matter what they're driving) doing a competitive lap of the Nurburgring. So I'd very much like to know the details of this supposed "professional Veyron Fail" of yours.

Details such as: who was the driver, how much experience did they have with the car, what were the track conditions, and, oh yeah: Did they have the beneficence of a rolling start.

You made the claim: Back it up or suck it up, fuckwad!

Oh, and Horst von Saurna is a professional race and test pilot. Of course he'd flatten anybody else's time, numbnuts, he does it for a living.
ShadowDragon8685 wrote:
Mr.Coffee wrote:Now seriously, shitbird, get the fuck out. No one likes you, no one wants you here, and you're retarded screeching distracts us from the topic.
QQ moar. I can still hear my music over the sound of your impotent whining.
So basically you're just being a troll again. Good to know.
What was that, shitbird? Oh yeah, I couldn't hear your hypocrisy over the screeching of your trolling.
CaptainChewbacca wrote:Dude...

Way to overwork a metaphor Shadow. I feel really creeped out now.
I am an artist, metaphorical mind-fucks are my medium.
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

and, oh yeah: Did they have the beneficence of a rolling start.
All timed laps the the Ring are rolling starts. It's not a 'benefit', it's standard procedure.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

ShadowDragon8685 wrote:However, I can't seem to find any mention of a professional driver (and don't try to say Jim Mero isn't a professional driver, nobody who isn't a pro is going to post a sub 7:30 lap time on the Nurburgring no matter what they're driving) doing a competitive lap of the Nurburgring.
Look up Jan Magnussen some day. He's driven in F1 and CART, won LeMans with the Corvette factory team, races in various touring car championships, and oh yeah, holds the record for a Z06 Corvette on the Nurburgring.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

ShadowDragon8685 wrote:Just as I thought, you're not actually looking at anything beyond ways and means to try and be abusive to me without adding anything to a thread. Fuck off or come back prepared to talk about Cars and/or Top Gear and/or racing drivers.
So you're a parrot as well as a retard.
ShadowDragon8685 wrote:Funnily enough, we haven't heard from Serafina since I challenged her to back up her claim with data. You know nothing, since you're going on about the fucking Corvette, but you also "know" I'm an acceptable target so you're trying to bully me out of a thread about Top Gear and cars. It won't work.
So now you're trying to dance around the issue, again. I honestly couldn't give a rats what Serafina's claim is, I'm not arguing with her, I'm arguing with you, little boy. Also, I love that you seem to think you're even really note worthy enough of a user for some, anyone, to single you out. You're not, you're a non-entity, and the reason why people pick on you isn't be cause you're an "acceptable target", but because you're usually the wrongest motherfucker in the history wrong motherfuckers.

Also, I don't have to bully you out of the thread. Eventually your horse shit will get split to HOS, and the rest of us can continue talking about cars, only without your race car driver masturbation fantasies laming it all up.

ShadowDragon8685 wrote:He's a GM engineer, he helped design the thing. He knows it as well as anybody, and I guarantee you he'd had a lot of practice in the car before he went to the Nurburgring.
That still doesn't make him a professional driver, it just means he's familiar with that car. By your highly retarded logic, since I drive an F-250 a lot it makes me a "professional" driver because I've logged x-amount of miles in that specific vehicle.

ShadowDragon8685 wrote: However, I can't seem to find any mention of a professional driver (and don't try to say Jim Mero isn't a professional driver, nobody who isn't a pro is going to post a sub 7:30 lap time on the Nurburgring no matter what they're driving) doing a competitive lap of the Nurburgring.
Yeah, by you're excedingly loose standards anyone that sets wheels to track at the Nurburgring MUST be a professional driver. Never mind that Jim Mero isn't being paid by GM for his driving, he's being paid for his engineering expertise, which would make him an amateur.

You do know the difference between "professional" and "amateur", right? Fucking idiot...

People like you make me wish time travel was possible, because then I could go back in time and bitchslap your mother for not swallowing and saving all of us the hassle of reading your retarded posts.

ShadowDragon8685 wrote:So I'd very much like to know the details of this supposed "professional Veyron Fail" of yours.
Well considering VW won't say who was behind the wheel of the Veyron when they ran their Nurburgring time, that's like asking for winning lotto numbers in advance.

ShadowDragon8685 wrote:Did they have the beneficence of a rolling start
A rolling start is normal procedur for running a timed lap on the Nurburgring, dumbass. Thanks for proving point blank that you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

ShadowDragon8685 wrote:You made the claim: Back it up or suck it up, fuckwad!

Stop being so dramatic, you whiney little attention whore. Until Bugatti hand the Veyron over to Horst for a run around the Ring, the Nurburgring times do more than well enough to show that there are a lot of cars that cost a lot less money that can smoke a Veyron on a track.

ShadowDragon8685 wrote:Oh, and Horst von Saurna is a professional race and test pilot.

Hence why a lot of people consider him posting lap times on the Nurburgring in cars to be a benchmark of a cars performance.

ShadowDragon8685 wrote: Of course he'd flatten anybody else's time, numbnuts, he does it for a living.

To bad Jim Mero posted a faster time then Horst in the ZR-1. Maybe this whole "professional" driver schtick isn't the end all you seem to think it is?

ShadowDragon8685 wrote:What was that, shitbird? Oh yeah, I couldn't hear your hypocrisy over the screeching of your trolling.

BWACK! Shadowdragon wants a cracker, BWACK! Seriously, you keep that parroting shit up and we're going to find a pirate so you can have a shoulder to perch your whiny down on. What's next, you going to start screeching "I know you are, but what am I" back at me?
Marcus Aurelius
Jedi Master

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

Bounty wrote:I don't get why people fault it for having plastic parts. It's light, cheap (I guess) and both dent and rust-proof. Who cares it sounds like a Tupperware box if you tap it?
Obviously people who own or would buy the Veyron care :mrgreen:
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Meh, plastic or carbon fiber or steel, whatever. I guess I don't really care what a car looks like so long as it performs as advertised for it's cost. To me $100k for a ZR-1 is just a much, much better buy than a Veyron at $1.25mil and up. For more than ten times the cost of the Vette you get what, half a second faster 0-60mph and 1 second faster in a quarter mile. I guess to me paying that much more for that small a gain in performance isn't worth the money.

Edit: I looked it up, make that 17 times the cost of a ZR-1 for a Veyron. For the cost of a Veyron you could get a Corvette ZR-1, a Ferrari 599, a Viper ACR-X, a Porsche 911 GT3, a Nissan GTR, build a garage to store them, and still have enough left for gas and insurance for the lot.
Last edited by Mr. Coffee on 2010-07-27 04:38pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

I guess to me paying that much more for that small a gain in performance isn't worth the money.
You'll need to be far, far more status-conscious - and a specific sort of status at that - to be the target market for the Veyron.

Me, I'd forget about both and get a Donkervoort D8 GT. Take a car that laps the 'Ring faster than a Corvette, costs a tenth of the Veyron, and add a bodyshell that looks like Batman doodled it on a napkin. Success!
Last edited by Bounty on 2010-07-27 04:41pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Bounty wrote:
I guess to me paying that much more for that small a gain in performance isn't worth the money.
You'll need to be far, far more status-conscious - and a specific sort of status at that - to be the target market for the Veyron.
Well, for the cost you can buy a lot more than just one "HEY! LOOK AT ME! I'M TOTALLY NOT COMPENSATING FOR ANYTHING! LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" car. Fuck, if status is all someone is after then they've got much deeper issues than what their peers think of their ride to deal with.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Personally speaking, if I were made of money I'd get a 599 GTO and the Z06 Carbon that's coming out later this year. A Z06 Corvette with all the ZR1's carbon fiber goodies and handling upgrades, fuck yeah!

Both of them will smoke damn near anything on a track, and the Corvette can be used as a daily driver and beat up a bit without feeling bad about it.

I can't wait till someone wrings out the 599 GTO on the 'ring, it's faster than the Enzo and supposedly fairly close to the 599XX which lapped the 'ring in under 7 minutes.
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
JointStrikeFighter

What people forget about the Veyron is not only is it a top 5 supercar, but it is also a luxury car; it has the ride comfort, noise levels and build quality of a high end luxury saloon. The fact that the Veyron does both so well is both what makes it so expensive and what makes it such an amazing car.

Also it looks better than US cars herp derp
Marcus Aurelius
Jedi Master

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

Bounty wrote:
Yep. Let's consider this: how much more comfortable ride is a Rolls, Maybach or Bentley compared to Mercedes S-Class, BMW 7-series, Lexus LS or even a fucking VW Phaeton? Not that much, but people are still willing to pay a lot more for the prestige and status. There are enough of those people that Mercedes had to introduce the Maybach in order to compete, because the S-600 was not upscale enough for them!
JointStrikeFighter

Look why would a rich person by a $3000 suit when a $300 suit just as good
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

JointStrikeFighter wrote:Look why would a rich person by a $3000 suit when a $300 suit just as good
Are you stupid or have you never worn a good suit?
Because seriously, there's a pretty big difference between a $300 suit and a $3000 suit. Hell, there's a good difference between a $300 suit and a $700 suit.
JointStrikeFighter

aerius wrote:
JointStrikeFighter wrote:Look why would a rich person by a $3000 suit when a $300 suit just as good
Because seriously, there's a pretty big difference between a $300 suit and a $3000 suit. Hell, there's a good difference between a $300 suit and a $700 suit.
That was my point you retarded fuckstick.

Thanks for confirming my point about why the Veyron is the worlds best car.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

You get dumber by the minute. A Veyron is outperformed by dozens of cheaper cars, it's only better in terms of perception by retards such as yourself.

A $1200 suit is better than a $300 suit, and it can be quantified with objective measures, unlike the Veyron. Fucking christ, you're even dumber than Shadowfucknut.
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

JointStrikeFighter wrote:
aerius wrote:
That was my point you retarded fuckstick.

Thanks for confirming my point about why the Veyron is the worlds best car.
Goddamnit, did you just wake up this morning and beat yourself over the head with a mallet, JSF? While there's a huge difference between a $300 sui and a $3000 suit, there isn't really that much difference between the Veyron and any of the 28 cars that can run the Nurburgring faster than it other than cosmetics. Seriously, the difference in performance isn't that great, and certainly isn't great enough to justify a US$1.7mil price tag.

All that aside this confirms that you're an utter retard that really believes More Expensive = Better as far as cars go.
JointStrikeFighter

What dozens of cars?

How many of those others cars are also a luxury car?

The premium aero [only model still in production] is 600k anyway; only half the price of the Veyron not 10x less.

The luxury cars are always double the fucking cost of a comparable non luxury car.
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

JointStrikeFighter wrote:What dozens of cars?
You mean the Veyron Supersport, and apparently only on that track. But I guess to you that one track means all tracks, just like how you seem to believe that "Prettier" means "better than". Also, we;ve been talking about the Nurburgring, so let us know if VW will actually run the Supersport around it, and maybe this time they'll announce who the driver is.
JointStrikeFighter wrote:How many of those others cars are also a luxury car?
Who gives a shit? You and Shadowdragon are pretty much the only ones here hung up on this "luxury car" thing. Pretty good company you're keeping there, dumbass..

JointStrikeFighter wrote:The premium aero [only model still in production] is 600k anyway; only half the price of the Veyron not 10x less.
And besides being easily wow'd by shiny things you're also illiterate. I've been saying the ZR1 was 1/10th the cost of the Veyron, not the SSC Ultimate Aero. Turns out I was wrong too, the Veyron is actually 17 times more expensive than the ZR1 and almost three times the cost of the Ultimate Aero.

JointStrikeFighter wrote:The luxury cars are always double the fucking cost of a comparable non luxury car.
So then you're paying extra not for a huge increase in performance, you're paying it for pretty looks. You really are a fucking shallow monkey.