Japan has ultra-rightists?!

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

IRG CommandoJoe wrote:I've heard of a crazy instance where German PoWs were allowed in a restaurant in America, but the restaurant would refuse to serve a black couple. :shock:

EDIT: Now that I think about it more, I believe it was even a black soldier!
It was a group of Black soldiers on leave. The POW's where a work gang under guard.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

Aha...was that in NYC?
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.
Ted
BANNED

Post by Ted »

In some parts of England, the Black American troops were treated better by the locals than the White American troops were. Got invited to more dances, parties, etc...

Most Brits were disgusted with the American treatment of their Black soldiers.
Go, tell the Spartans, stranger passing by,
That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Good. At least they got a break somewhere. :D

EDIT: Being that the Brits treated the blacks better, were there any blacks that joined their military instead?

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

IRG CommandoJoe wrote:Aha...was that in NYC?
No, rural south. Tennessee I think.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Hmm...I seem to remember it took place in NYC. Maybe it's a different scenario I'm thinking of. Were there any German PoWs in NYC? Why would there be? No....couldn't be...why would they be in the city? I guess you're right.

Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Obviously the POWs.The americans do not really give a damn shit about what the japanese did in China,which make what they did to the POWs disappear in comparison, except mentioning Nanking or little else to pretend that they care.
And of course after 50 years of undeclared wars and after having made preemption the national strategy they still are angered about Pearl Harbour.
Pathetic.
What you seem to glibbly dismiss is the fact the it was Japan's aggression in Asia that prompted the United States to enact embargoes, which in turn prompted Japan to attack the U.S.!
Have you ever asked a Vietnamese, Korean, or Chinese their thoughts on this situation, smartass?
Do you delude yourself into thinking the Pacific war was somehow those "caveman" American's fault?
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

IRG CommandoJoe wrote:Hmm...I seem to remember it took place in NYC. Maybe it's a different scenario I'm thinking of. Were there any German PoWs in NYC? Why would there be? No....couldn't be...why would they be in the city? I guess you're right.
Defiantly not NYC. The US kept POW's in the Midwest and South, where there was both lots of space for prison camps and fields where they could be put to work. Some, where kept further west, but none anywhere close to the east or west coast.
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Sea Skimmer wrote:Defiantly not NYC.
Defiantly not or definitely not? lol

Nathan F
Resident Redneck

Post by Nathan F »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
IRG CommandoJoe wrote:Aha...was that in NYC?
No, rural south. Tennessee I think.
Mississippi, I think.
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
IRG CommandoJoe wrote:Hmm...I seem to remember it took place in NYC. Maybe it's a different scenario I'm thinking of. Were there any German PoWs in NYC? Why would there be? No....couldn't be...why would they be in the city? I guess you're right.
Defiantly not NYC. The US kept POW's in the Midwest and South, where there was both lots of space for prison camps and fields where they could be put to work. Some, where kept further west, but none anywhere close to the east or west coast.
I thought some German POW's were put to work in PA ? I guess that is technically not the East Coast though.
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE
Admiral Piett
Jedi Knight

Post by Admiral Piett »

Frank Hipper wrote:What you seem to glibbly dismiss is the fact the it was Japan's aggression in Asia that prompted the United States to enact embargoes, which in turn prompted Japan to attack the U.S.!
Have you ever asked a Vietnamese, Korean, or Chinese their thoughts on this situation, smartass?
Do you delude yourself into thinking the Pacific war was somehow those "caveman" American's fault?
Oh,sure,at the high level politics that is true.But do you delude yourself into thinking that the average american did care about what the japanese were doing in Korea? Do not make me laugh.If you asked to the average american at the time about the war do you expect that would have mentioned China? No, you would have heard a rant about the day of the infamy,bla bla.Guess what? the japanese used routinely chinese prisoners for bayonet training.
The USA estasblished embargoes on oil,scrap metal etc.In a stroke of genius the assholes in charge at Tokio decided to declare war on a nation with seventeen times the national income,bringing a much deserved smackdown on themselves,albeit unfortunately not enough.That is all.
NF_Utvol wrote: I don't know where you read your history. The Germans, especially towards the end of the war, normally put their prisoners on forced marches, they were underfed, and they were forced to work in military industries. I suggest you read the book 'We Were Each Other's Prisoners'. It has first hand interviews with German and American POWs. The German POWs in America were, overall, treated accordingly to the Geneva Convention. The Germans, generally, didn't really care about the Geneva Convention. There were even American's that were stuck in some of the Concentration Camps, believe it or not. There were American soldiers in the Holocaust.
The fact that in the same period they were running low on supplies maybe it should be mentioned as well.Needless to say putting prisoners in concentration camps or using them as workforce was standard practice for everyone at the time.Sometimes allied prisoners were put in the same locations as with jews.But tell to me,were they gassed?
Now,if you look to what they did to the russian POWs...
Intensify the forward batteries. I don't want anything to get through
Frank Hipper

Post by Frank Hipper »

But do you delude yourself into thinking that the average american did care about what the japanese were doing in Korea? Do not make me laugh.If you asked to the average american at the time about the war do you expect that would have mentioned China?
I would be suprised if the average american had even heard of Korea at that time. But China is a somewhat different story. The Japanese invasion of China was well reported, and despised in the U.S.
The American volunteer group was fighting in China for some time before the begining of the war, and they weren't there just for the hatred of the Japanese, there was very real and sincere sympathy for what was going on.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Do you ever actually read history books, or look at period documents, or maybe look up ACTUAL FACTS about history before you go spouting off your theories? The Japanese atrocities in China were well known in this country by the general public and the Japanese government was despised for them (there's a very famous short documentary film from the time detailing the entire Sino-Japanese war, from the Marco Polo bridge incident to the great westward migration of Chinese industry and civilians, which makes the Chinese out to be valiant and heroic for resisting the invaders). Not to mention the Flying Tigers and other volunteer American forces in China. After Pearl Harbor, people were probably more pissed off about that than China, but that's understandable, considering the circumstances.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Stuart Mackey
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press

Post by Stuart Mackey »

weemadando wrote:The Japanese have always had an ultra-far right.

Now they are getting more powerful due to them being allowed to operate more publically.
My step brother has found an amusing way to stop such talk, and that is to mention mushrom season in Nagasaki and Hiroshima.
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

Jean Omer Marie Gabriel Monnet
--------------
Frank Hipper

Post by Frank Hipper »

RedImperator wrote:Do you ever actually read history books, or look at period documents, or maybe look up ACTUAL FACTS about history before you go spouting off your theories? The Japanese atrocities in China were well known in this country by the general public and the Japanese government was despised for them (there's a very famous short documentary film from the time detailing the entire Sino-Japanese war, from the Marco Polo bridge incident to the great westward migration of Chinese industry and civilians, which makes the Chinese out to be valiant and heroic for resisting the invaders). Not to mention the Flying Tigers and other volunteer American forces in China. After Pearl Harbor, people were probably more pissed off about that than China, but that's understandable, considering the circumstances.
Jesus, you're not talking to me are you? If so, I think you misunderstood what I said.
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

You would think that the Russians could just look at the size of their land mass, and then look at Japan and say, "here you go, we have enough land as it is." Silly Russians, just give them the stupid islands.

Same with China. Do they really need Taiwan? I mean, really?
Superman

Post by Superman »

And for that matter, can you Canandians just concede your country to us Americans? I mean, really now, you guys are just America Jr. anyway...
Frank Hipper

Post by Frank Hipper »

Superman wrote:And for that matter, can you Canandians just concede your country to us Americans? I mean, really now, you guys are just America Jr. anyway...
Might want to watch that, bub. Canada bashing is good way to get yo' ass burnt around here.
Superman

Post by Superman »

I was just being silly. That wasn't a serious remark. I was hoping people would read my little pseudo rant there and just go with it. :)
Superman

Post by Superman »

I was just being silly. That wasn't a serious remark. I was hoping people would read my little pseudo rant there and just go with it. :)
Frank Hipper

Post by Frank Hipper »

A lot of people around here are fed up to here with Canada jokes. They've heard 'em all, billions and billions of times.
Admiral Piett
Jedi Knight

Post by Admiral Piett »

RedImperator wrote:The Japanese atrocities in China were well known in this country by the general public and the Japanese government was despised for them
It may well be.But then I wonder why after 50 years that should give a more clear perspective the main complains that are still made about the japanese are still centered around Pearl Harbour (which was after all nothing more than an attack on a military installation) or the death march.It is understandable maybe,but trust me what happened to the american POWs is nothing compared to what happened to their chinese counterparts.
Intensify the forward batteries. I don't want anything to get through