South Park "Pinewood Derby" Talkback (Spoilers)

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Glimmervoid
Jedi Master
Location: Some were in the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm.

South Park "Pinewood Derby" Talkback (Spoilers)

Post by Glimmervoid »

In yesterday's South Park we get to hear a heart warming tale of a lie gone out of control... with warp drives and aliens and moral lessons for all!

Pinewood Derby was the sixth episode of the season and I have to say I enjoyed it. This episode was nothing special, I'll be the first to admit that, but I found it funny and it had a message that I don't think any one could class as preaching.

I especially liked the end where Spoiler
they nuked Finland because they were going to squeal to the space cops.
I also liked the part where Spoiler
the not!space cops tell every one the money is worthless and only had the value they gave it.
I can see how some people might really dislike the episode. Some parts work more on the rule of funny than the logic Spoiler
such as the alien gangster holding up the whole planet.
but over all I thought it held together well and had some very good moments.

A high 3/5 from me.
Paradox
Youngling

Re: South Park "Pinewood Derby" Talkback (Spoilers)

Post by Paradox »

SP seems to be REALLY funny every other episode. I'm expecting next week to be super awesome.
JLTucker
BANNED

Post by JLTucker »

Paradox wrote:SP seems to be REALLY funny every other episode. I'm expecting next week to be super awesome.
I would have to agree for this season, except for the god awful episode "Margaritaville". Last week's episode, "Fishsticks" was great, as was "Eat, Pray, Queef".
Paradox
Youngling

Post by Paradox »

JLTucker wrote:
Paradox wrote:SP seems to be REALLY funny every other episode. I'm expecting next week to be super awesome.
I would have to agree for this season, except for the god awful episode "Margaritaville". Last week's episode, "Fishsticks" was great, as was "Eat, Pray, Queef".
You didn't like Margaritaville? Seriously? The Bank Scene and then the Dancing Chicken were pure comic gold, so funny but too true.
JLTucker
BANNED

Post by JLTucker »

Paradox wrote:
JLTucker wrote:
You didn't like Margaritaville? Seriously? The Bank Scene and then the Dancing Chicken were pure comic gold, so funny but too true.
Yes, those are funny scenes, but are trumped by the slippery slope idiocy about regulations. I know it's supposed to be a joke, but I take it seriously because Matt and Trey are libertarians and it's not that much of a leap to think they actually believe that will happen.