Sir Nitram Has Been Hospitalized

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

Fifteen dollars will be on the way tomorrow, Tev, if you send me your paypal account. I'm afraid it's all I can spare.

I've not interacted much with him, but tell Nitram that were I a religious man, I would pray for his swift recovery.
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

right now I wish I had money and could help, however my own need for insulin appears to overriding my desire to assist you. dammit.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

I, too, wish I could offer money to the laptop fund, but alas, I am still officially poor and I, too, have a spouse with chronic health problems.

You have my best wishes, as always. Lady Tev, don't forget to take care of yourself, too - eat proper, get sleep, don't over do. (I never have appetite when a loved one is in the hospital, I have to force myself to eat)
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Re: Sir Nitram Has Been Hospitalized

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

I could spare some cash. Are we really taking a laptop collection?
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

I have an old (think perhaps eight years) Dell laptop that my bro wouldn't mind giving away. All it needs is a wifi card and he'll be on-line.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Nitram had surgery today to repair the ruptured hernia. It went nearly exactly as planned, just a couple hours late. He is now resting, and they've given him morphine for the pain.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

If there is a "Get Nit a Laptop Fund", I was not informed. :wink:

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

I think it was more a spontaneous outpouring of affection and sympathy rather than a formal fund raiser.

But seriously, if Nit is having these problems a laptop fund might be a worthwhile gesture for those of us able to contribute.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

Oh no, the jig is up! I was going to post my paypal and have you send the money to 'Tev'!

I'm kidding. It's good to hear the surgery went well, and the happy fun of the morphine should keep his mind occupied.
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A
The Yosemite Bear

just glad he's not in the basement. Good luck Tev and Nit.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Do keep us informed! And tell Nit that Spirry wishes him well, much mewing, and less-than-threes.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

If his fever's down, he -may- be allowed out today. Since I've yet to be called and told "GET ME OUTTA HERE", I kinda doubt it.

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

And he just called -- he's being released :)

Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

Good news.
I find myself endlessly fascinated by your career - Stark, in a fit of Nerd-Validation, November 3, 2011
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

The question is, is his fever down, or are the staff just tired of patching up the holes he keeps chewing in the walls? :mrgreen:
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

Glad to hear Nitram is recovering and has been released from the hospital (and hopefully, the release is because he's actually recovering, and not because the doctors overlooked a health problem that just became asymptomatic or stopped hurting, and which will return with interest afterwards; these things can happen, I know from personal experience).

Get well soon, Mr. Martin.
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
The Yosemite Bear

good luck Martin, now oppress some masses once you get back to a computer.

SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

I live.

The infection was Staph, non-Mercer. I'm fighting it with the proper targetted antibiotics. Nausea and constant sleep stage over.

The hernia is repaired, as is the point of rupture. I have subdermal mesh now, bitches!

Sanity was preserved via House, NCIS, and L&O marathons, as well as finding out Gargoyles plays at 4:30 every night. Also, my mother brought her little Asus laptop which held my attention when all there was was infomercials and bad TV.

And no. Not a necro. That's fucking sad, that it could be considered one. But very true.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Once again the powers of SCIENCE triumph over the natural world.
Be glad you live in the time you do, most of which we take for granted would be impossible even one hundred years ago.

Do what preventives you can Nitram, the smurfs* have gotten uppity again while you were gone.

*Yes I do know the difference between medieval serfs and an 80's cartoon show. However when I think of the users of this board in a collective, I picture a bunch of smurfs. I dunno, I think it's the blue.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
The Yosemite Bear

some one just call me and hipper once the cyber pancreas is available.

Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

SirNitram wrote:The infection was Staph, non-Mercer. I'm fighting it with the proper targetted antibiotics. Nausea and constant sleep stage over.
Well, be sure to take those antibiotics properly! Even non-MRSA staph can be vicious.
And no. Not a necro. That's fucking sad, that it could be considered one. But very true.
I'm hoping this is the last "Nitram hospitalized" thread we'll see - I am wishing you vastly improved health, sir!

PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

SirNitram wrote:I live.

The infection was Staph, non-Mercer. I'm fighting it with the proper targetted antibiotics. Nausea and constant sleep stage over.

The hernia is repaired, as is the point of rupture. I have subdermal mesh now, bitches!

Sanity was preserved via House, NCIS, and L&O marathons, as well as finding out Gargoyles plays at 4:30 every night. Also, my mother brought her little Asus laptop which held my attention when all there was was infomercials and bad TV.

Is it too early to test your recuperative powers by offering you a beer?:D :lol:
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Damn, couldn't you read (getting books from a library, or hospital "collection") or write?
Glad to hear thet you're recovering (again) and getting better (again). Keep well! (And get well!).
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

SirNitram wrote:I live.
Damn! Foiled again!

More seriously, it's good to see you well and back in action.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Glad things turned out OK. Hope you're not back there any time soon.
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart