Right
75%
Equal use of both hands
3%

Total votes: 150

Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

I write, shoot ect… with my left hand, but any task which requires a whole lot of strength like opening a jar I use my right hand for. Its kind of odd, since it seems to me that my dominate hand should be the stronger one.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Mlenk
Jedi Knight

Post by Mlenk »

It depends. I write with my left hand, but in all other things, I am a right-hander. For examples, when playing baseball, I use a right-handed mitt and bat like a right-hander. I eat like a right-hander, and so on and so forth.
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

Sea Skimmer wrote:I write, shoot ect… with my left hand, but any task which requires a whole lot of strength like opening a jar I use my right hand for. Its kind of odd, since it seems to me that my dominate hand should be the stronger one.
Seems strange but yeah, my left hand seems to have a slightly higher resistance to pain and fatigue than my rand hand even though I'm right handed. Often I'll be able to bust out an extra rep with my left arm as opposed to my right.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

ArmorPierce wrote:
Sea Skimmer wrote:I write, shoot ect… with my left hand, but any task which requires a whole lot of strength like opening a jar I use my right hand for. Its kind of odd, since it seems to me that my dominate hand should be the stronger one.
Seems strange but yeah, my left hand seems to have a slightly higher resistance to pain and fatigue than my rand hand even though I'm right handed. Often I'll be able to bust out an extra rep with my left arm as opposed to my right.
That's because your right (or dominant) arm is generally more fatigued from usage then your left. Try picking up and loading weights with both hands. Alternating between them. That will help even your strength out.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Lefthanded, but for simplicitys sake and my dominant right eye, I shoot righthanded.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

weemadando wrote:Right handed for everything except the jab. I can't southpaw worth shit.
I'm seriously right handed for everything except martial arts and masturbation. I can't write left handed, play hockey left handed, hit a ball left handed, and can barely kick a ball left footed. But for whatever weird reason I'm almost equally good with both sides in either regular or southpaw stance when doing martial arts. Other than the spinning back kick which I suck at doing from a southpaw stance, everything else is pretty much equal.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

havokeff wrote:
ArmorPierce wrote:
That's because your right (or dominant) arm is generally more fatigued from usage then your left. Try picking up and loading weights with both hands. Alternating between them. That will help even your strength out.
That's an excellent idea. I'm going to have to do that and let you know how it works out.
XXXI
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

aerius wrote:
weemadando wrote:Right handed for everything except the jab. I can't southpaw worth shit.
I'm seriously right handed for everything except martial arts and masturbation. I can't write left handed, play hockey left handed, hit a ball left handed, and can barely kick a ball left footed. But for whatever weird reason I'm almost equally good with both sides in either regular or southpaw stance when doing martial arts. Other than the spinning back kick which I suck at doing from a southpaw stance, everything else is pretty much equal.
It's just a matter of practice, my left is strong and accurate enough, I just need to spend more time on my footwork and learning not to telegraph when in that stance.
Dark Flame
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Flame »

I was born left handed, but then I had a brain tumor and they tell me I switched to being right handed. And since Friday it seems I've been using my right hand exclusively. :wink:
"Have you ever been fucked in the ass? because if you have you will understand why we have that philosophy"
- Alyrium Denryle, on HAB's policy of "Too much is almost enough"

"The jacketed ones are, but we're talking carefully-placed shits here. "-out of context, by Stuart
phred
Jedi Knight

Post by phred »

primarily right, some left, some both.

For some reason I am completely incapable of brushing my teeth with my left hand :? (No joke I managed to the brush up my nose somehow) Writing with my left hand is almost illegible. I can only throw right handed.

I can use silverware and chopsticks with both hands. I can bat either way. I can use the mouse with either hand. I can use a hammer and most other tools with either hand.(some people cant for some reason)

I type better with my left hand. I kick better with my left foot.
"Siege warfare, French for spawn camp" WTYP podcast

It's so bad it wraps back around to awesome then back to bad again, then back to halfway between awesome and bad. Like if ed wood directed a godzilla movie - Duckie
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

I do some things with either hand, but I can only write with my left hand and I consider myself left-handed accordingly.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

I do everything on the right side of my body. Write/draw with the right hand, aim with the right eye, kick with my right foot. I'm very "left brain" oriented, apparently, despite also being quite creative.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Aquarose
Redshirt

Post by Aquarose »

Left, if I use my right it feels awkward. I have trained myself how to write and work with my right hand, but it is almost painful to do so. Yep.
They were in the wrong place, at the wrong time, naturally they became heros.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Right handed and due to some motor control "problems" I have it's not likely that will change (writing long texts by hand is actually physically painfull for me)
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n