The Tudors

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Enigma
is a laughing fool.

The Tudors

Post by Enigma »

Has anyone watched this show. I know the second season starts on the 30th but I was wondering what the people here think of the show. Personally, I love it. I haven't been able to watch every episode of the first season but I am soon going to get them on DVD.

What are your opinions on the show?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

I think it's pretty good. It's been hard to watch all the episodes of the first season on CBC, just been too busy, but I'll be catching up after finals for sure.
XXXI
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

The SCA ladies have been talking non-stop about the dresses.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Setzer
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Setzer »

In a good way or a bad way? We talk about B&B nonstop, afterall.
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Yeah I watched S1 and enjoyed it. I particularly liked Anne Bolyne who was fucking hot.
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Setzer wrote:In a good way or a bad way? We talk about B&B nonstop, afterall.
Well... currently it's the Gable Headdress v/s the French Style. Katerine wore the Gable Headdress, while Anne was raised in France and refused to wear the English headdress. She made the looser, less confining French Style popular in court, up until it became associated with her 'loose and lavicious ways' as she was put on trial for her crimes. The next wife, Jane Seymour, went back to the traditional Gable headdress again.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Honorable Mention
Padawan Learner

Post by Honorable Mention »

I actually saw the DVD in Target the other day and it piqued my curiosity, but not enough to buy it on a whim. I might just go against my better judgment and buy it anyways.
"Frank Deford and Jim Rome both lean hard left on almost all social issues, but they openly loathe the proliferation of soccer. And that position is important: For all practical purposes, soccer is the sports equivalent of abortion; in America, hating (or embracing) soccer is the core litmus test for where you exist on the jocko-political continuum."

- Chuck Klosterman
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Do not care for this show. I watched the first season as it was run and it just really wants to be Rome.

But it's not Rome.

It cannot be Rome.

Because it has shit actors. The guy who plays Henry has the gravitas of a fucking fruit fly. The rest of the cast is either forgettable or just kind of "there". Except for Sam Neill. The acting was made all the more pathetic when he was on screen because he blew the rest of them away.

Unfortunately he won't be in any future episodes. So I likely won't be watching.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

reminds me: Tudors vs. "The Other Bolyn Girl" with Scarlett Johannson and Nat. Portmon as Mary and Anne respectivly and the Hulk/Hector as a greek god of a Henry the Eighth...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin