NHL 2006/2007 Thread

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Oh and by the way. Ducks dominate, win 5-1. Helluva game from our top line.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

5-2 Sabres smack down the Rangers. Nice.
JADAFETWA
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Wow. DGG? MoO? Thoughts? Red Wings looked flatter than a training bra academy.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Darth Fanboy wrote:Wow. DGG? MoO? Thoughts? Red Wings looked flatter than a training bra academy.
The Wings don't worry me, at all. The Predators gave them a run for their money in the division, and we beat the crap out of the new and improved Preds. I have a friend who's a big Detroit fan, who was telling me that the Datsyuk was going to skate circles around the Sharks, but I'd even put our worst defensive pairing out against him. If the Wings need Lidstrom to even contain Thornton, they've got no one left to skate against Marleau and our second lines.

Also, don't let the shot totals fool you: the Sharks controlled the game nearly from the opening.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Much as I dislike the Sens, even though I lived in Ottawa for a couple years, I must grudgingly cheer for them since they're the last Canadian team with a realistic shot at the Cup. Martin Brodeur definitely didn't play like Marty for the first period, letting in 4 goals in under 20 minutes.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
President Sharky
Jedi Knight

Post by President Sharky »

A Torontonian cheering for...Ottawa? Blasphemy.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

President Sharky wrote:A Torontonian cheering for...Ottawa? Blasphemy.
I'm a University of Ottawa graduate, and I also lost my virginity to an Ottawa chick so I can't hate Ottawa too much. :)
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Sabres deliver another hearty helping of Shut the Fuck Up with a 3-2 win over the Rangers!
JADAFETWA
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Great game going on in Detroit, right now. The Sharks dominated the first period, but were only up by one after 20 minutes. Then Detroit came back in a big way in the second. The Sharks have, so far, weathered the storm, but we're going to have to play hard and tight in the third to survive.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

The Sharks looked pretty sad in the 2nd period, taking over half a period to get a single shot on goal. They eventually lost in OT and I can't say I'm surprised.

Ottawa/Jersey game looks like it could go on for a while. It's currently tied 2-2 after the first OT and the teams look pretty even. If the goalies stay hot, and they're both playing well, it could go on all night.
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

Langenbrunner with the winner at the beginning of the 2nd OT. 3-2 New Jersey.
Last edited by Archon on 2007-04-29 12:52am, edited 1 time in total.
In Omnia Paratus.
Peace. Order. Good government.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

J wrote:The Sharks looked pretty sad in the 2nd period, taking over half a period to get a single shot on goal. They eventually lost in OT and I can't say I'm surprised.
They lost in regulation, after dominating the first period. The third was pretty even, but the first and second were like mirror images.

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Buffalo, Ottawa, San Jose, and Anaheim all lead their respective series 2-1. Despite Ottawa and San Jose being the lower seeds, I see no shockers out of this group of 8.

Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

Darth Fanboy wrote:Buffalo, Ottawa, San Jose, and Anaheim all lead their respective series 2-1. Despite Ottawa and San Jose being the lower seeds, I see no shockers out of this group of 8.
I agree with all but the Ottawa pick. I expect New Jersey to win that series.
In Omnia Paratus.
Peace. Order. Good government.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Archon wrote:
Darth Fanboy wrote:Buffalo, Ottawa, San Jose, and Anaheim all lead their respective series 2-1. Despite Ottawa and San Jose being the lower seeds, I see no shockers out of this group of 8.
I agree with all but the Ottawa pick. I expect New Jersey to win that series.
I did, too, but really the teams now are so evenly matched that I think I can see anyone except Vancouver advancing to the next round. Even though I've been acting dismissive of the Wings, they're actually a really good team. Schneider-Lidstrom is a really tough combination. (Don't tell DGG I said that).

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Ducks are now set up to the deliver the knockout on Thursday, here's hoping we can deliver.

WTF is up with Buffalo?

J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Darth Fanboy wrote:WTF is up with Buffalo?
I don't know, but I think I'm going to start cheering for the Rangers now.
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

They played like absolute shit during the first and second periods. It was too bad that goal was taken back at the last second but it was their own damn fault for being in that situation.
JADAFETWA
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

I'm starting to think all that "we are the chosen team" hype has gotten to Buffalo, they're not playing nearly as well or consistently as they were during the regular season.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

It's nothing new or surpising. There were plenty of times during last season's playoffs where they pulled the same shit, with lackluster playing and few and shoddy attempts on goal, which is why they lost to the Hurricanes. The fact that they keep falling into the same old pattern is what irritates me.
JADAFETWA
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Ottawa wins again and they're a game away from wrapping up the series if all goes well. Their big line has really stepped it up this year instead of choking in the playoffs like they did in past years. Of course, I still maintain that if the Leafs had made the playoffs, Ottawa would lose to us, again.
muse
Jedi Council Member

Post by muse »

Kuja wrote:It's nothing new or surpising. There were plenty of times during last season's playoffs where they pulled the same shit, with lackluster playing and few and shoddy attempts on goal, which is why they lost to the Hurricanes. The fact that they keep falling into the same old pattern is what irritates me.
Last year they had the excuse of half their team being out with injuries, this year, they're just sucking. They have moments of brilliance and sometimes they put a good effort together, but more often than not it seems like they're just sitting back waiting for the puck, and then getting way too fancy. I think I shall also cheer for the Rangers, might as well have an Original Six team make it to the finals.
ø¤ º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)

I like Celine Dion myself. Her ballads alone....they make me go all teary-eyed and shit.
- Havok
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Ducks 4, Canucks 1

For the third time in five years, the Western Conference Finals come to Anaheim!

Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the Sabres. Most of the time, they'll play like the team they're supposed to, doing a really good job on being on the puck and getting it in the net. Then for no reason at all they'll start struggling to keep up with the slowest teams in the league, missing the puck completely, and just generally acting like amateurs, and this will last for three, maybe four games. I really don't know why the hell it happens.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

I take it then that there is plenty of love after stealing a huge game 5 like that then?