NHL 2006/2007 Thread

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Only 5 points back of Jersey and a game in hand, its sure getting interesting - and its always fun watching these kids play.

And Jordan Staal got another one, up to 24 now on a 35-goal pace.

Gonna be a fun playoff this year :D
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

So here's the big question.

Staal or Malkin? Kopitar's stuck on a last place team and Shane O'Brien is good but does not put up the statistics (the burden of being a defenseman) except for his penalty minutes (a league leader in minutes for fighting). Malkin's been awesome in shootouts this year also.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

I know who Don's rooting for. Maybe he'll break out the pins this year, too.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

NHL Officials Suck Fucking Shit.

Seriously, if you're going to put the whistle in your pocket for the entire third period as the Canucks trip, cross check, and hook their way to prevent the Ducks from scoring a goal, DO NOT BRING IT OUT IN OVERTIME WHEN SCOTT NIEDERMAYER BRUSHES AGAINST HIS GUY INCONSEQUENTIALLY.

4 straight OT games mean four straight games with a point, and two of them were wins which help the Ducks rebuild their lead over the Sharks a bit. NHL needs to do something about the damn refs, repeatedly ruining good hockey games.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Darth Garden Gnome

That's their job, it's what they do. Especially clowns like Mick McGeough and Don VanMassenhoven.
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

Darth Fanboy wrote:NHL Officials Suck Fucking Shit.

Seriously, if you're going to put the whistle in your pocket for the entire third period as the Canucks trip, cross check, and hook their way to prevent the Ducks from scoring a goal, DO NOT BRING IT OUT IN OVERTIME WHEN SCOTT NIEDERMAYER BRUSHES AGAINST HIS GUY INCONSEQUENTIALLY.

4 straight OT games mean four straight games with a point, and two of them were wins which help the Ducks rebuild their lead over the Sharks a bit. NHL needs to do something about the damn refs, repeatedly ruining good hockey games.
I feel your frustration. The Refs in the Flames-Avs game were less than stellar as well.

EDIT: Here is a video of Selanne and MacDonald from HNIC After Hours.

LINK...
In Omnia Paratus.
Peace. Order. Good government.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Darth Garden Gnome

Best in the West, sucka-ducks!
muse
Jedi Council Member

Post by muse »

Darth Garden Gnome wrote:Best in the West, sucka-ducks!
*yawn* You guys were first in the League last year, and look what happened in the playoffs.
ø¤ º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)

I like Celine Dion myself. Her ballads alone....they make me go all teary-eyed and shit.
- Havok
Darth Garden Gnome

Hey muse, how 'bout dem Maple Leafs? :P
muse
Jedi Council Member

Post by muse »

We're struggling a bit, we lost 3 key players (Wellwood, Tucker, Peca) last year and the team hasn't been the same since then.

But we still have more Stanley Cups than you do, even though the last one was 40 year ago.
ø¤ º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)

I like Celine Dion myself. Her ballads alone....they make me go all teary-eyed and shit.
- Havok
Darth Garden Gnome

Sung to the tune of "Saint Come Marching In":

You won the Cup,
In black and white,
You won the Cup in black and white!
You won the Cup before there was color!
You won the Cup in black and white!

8)
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Fun Fact: Anaheim won as many playoffs games in last year's postseason (*8*) as the Red Wings have in the past three postseasons.

Darth Garden Gnome

I'll just let their playoff records speak for themselves: two sweeps to one. :razz:
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

Are there any Oilers fans around?
In Omnia Paratus.
Darth Garden Gnome

Not that I know of, and thank goodness for that.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Yes. I think we can all agree that the Oil are loathsome.

Archon might have seen this, but has anyone else here ever seen +www.flamessuck.com

It is rather hilarious.

Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

That sight is hilarious indeed.
In Omnia Paratus.
Darth Garden Gnome

Yea verily, lulz for everyone!
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Huge fight in the Sabres game. Goalies are going at it, coaches are yelling at each other. All this after someone put a low blow to Drury. Started out all thanks to the new guy from Rochester who my Roommate actually knows.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

And now the goalies are being kicked from the game (Emery and Biron). Among a whole bunch of other people.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Damn, I gotta catch the replays on SportsCentre tonight.
Fucking curling, it's making me miss my hockey games. :x
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Darth Garden Gnome

Of course, a Donnybrook and it's not on TV and I don't have Center Ice... how I miss bench clearing brawls...
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Wasn't Bench clearing unfortunately. Still beautiful though. You could tell by the line-up that a brawl was about to be started. Unfortunately Sabres got screwed into a 5-3 and Ottowa has now tied the game (But only once it had dropped to a 5-4, go best penalty killing team!).
Darth Garden Gnome

*sigh* Apparently the game is online. Here's the game. Wish this guy woulda told me sooner. Ah well.

EDIT: Game over. Check out the fighting highlights here.