The ultimate bullshitter - Stewart @SDI in real life?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Joe
Space Cowboy

The ultimate bullshitter - Stewart @SDI in real life?

Post by Joe »

Hi, I'm somewhat retired from this forum now, but this was just too fucking good to not drop in and post.

This guy named Aleksey Vayner applied to an investment banking firm and his resume somehow got leaked. What's really the story is the video that he apparently included with it, which has to be seen to be believed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjRZgmc3RyQ&eurl=

As they say, you can't make this shit up. When he karate chops the bricks and the Hans Zimmer music rolls over the credits your jaw will drop.

The guy, is of course, a total bullshitter; a long list of his offenses can be read here:

http://www.ivygateblog.com/blog/tags/aleksey_vayner/

Enjoy!

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

The only thing he has going for him is he's cute.
Image Image
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

This guy will be a millionaire from selling videos in infomercials within 10 years.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

"Among the claims [a dance teammate] said she has heard is one that Vayner is one of four people in the state of Connecticut qualified to handle nuclear waste."

Oh boy. This is priceless!
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Wow, what the fuck was that? :wtf: :lol:
muse
Jedi Council Member

Post by muse »

Wow, what a tool. As if Yale doesn't get laughed at enough for graduating GWB, they've also produced this completely worthless clown.
ø¤ º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)

I like Celine Dion myself. Her ballads alone....they make me go all teary-eyed and shit.
- Havok
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

were the bricks already broken? It looked it, that and he didn't almost stumble over himself the way actual breaking champions do from all the momentum they throw into a blow like that.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Tasoth wrote:were the bricks already broken? It looked it, that and he didn't almost stumble over himself the way actual breaking champions do from all the momentum they throw into a blow like that.
Doesn´t matter. We don´t know if it´s him anyway because we see him staning there. Then there´s a cut to a closer shot in which we see his hand and the bricks. The blow comes in this shot and then there´s a cut back in which we see him standing in front of the broken bricks. So it probably wasn´t even him who did this.
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

SuperShadow would kick his ass.
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

The bricks were already broken, you can see the line in them before he taps them. And there's no way you could produce such a neat divide, especially not with his palm.

And it looked like him, he had the same bracelet, same shoes, same odd gi.

(And I swear I've been in that Dance Studio before... I think I know where it is.)
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Lost Soal
Sith Devotee

Post by Lost Soal »

He claims to serve at 140MPH, near the speed of Greg Rusedski who vertually doubles over when serving at speed. Unlike Aleksey whos last volley is also clearly heading off the side of the court.

Carefully positioned camera for the weights and there is no way of telling how much "assistance" those "spotters" are giving.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Ancient Egyptian Blessing

Ivanova is always right.
I will listen to Ivanova.
I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God.
AND, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out! - Babylon 5 Mantra

There is no "I" in TEAM. There is a ME however.
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

Tasoth wrote:were the bricks already broken? It looked it, that and he didn't almost stumble over himself the way actual breaking champions do from all the momentum they throw into a blow like that.
They had to be. Real bricks, when smashed by blunt force (like a karate chop) don't shatter this cleanly. (Bog-standard bricks are not precision building material, after all.) Also, take a look at this video. In the multiple brick break, notice that the bricks are set with small spacers between. This is because the brick has to have the space to fail before the strike moves on to the next brick. Otherwise, you're trying to break the entire stack all at once.

Finally, the bricks in the video are much longer than the bog-standard brick, for good reason. The longer span the brick straddles and the thinner the brick, the easier it is to break.
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
Jim Raynor
Sith Devotee

Post by Jim Raynor »

That part where he repeatedly lifted a supposed 140 pounds with EACH hand is complete bullshit. One time, I saw Mark Henry (a 400 lb. professional wrestler and strong man) try to lift a 175 lb. weight with one hand on TV. With quite a bit of effort, Henry was able to do it ONCE. Needless to say, I don't think this bullshitter is anywhere near as strong as Mark Henry is.

EDIT: Fixed Henry's weight.
"They're not triangular, but they are more or less blade-shaped"- Thrawn McEwok on the shape of Bakura destroyers

"Lovely. It's known as impugning character regarding statement of professional qualifications' in the legal world"- Karen Traviss, crying libel because I said that no soldier she interviewed would claim that he can take on billion-to-one odds

"I've already laid out rules for this thread that we're not going to make these evidential demands"- Dark Moose on supporting your claims
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

That video is absurd. Those bricks would've shattered rather than broken clean, and his stance vs. the bricks was terrible. As for his super-bench-press, he is clearly being helped by the three guys holding (and lifting) the barbel.

That being said, he's a fine dancer.

P.S.

Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

What kind of a psychopath beats up piles of bricks? They couldn't possibly be harming him, so it's totally unprovoked. They even willingly cooperate by being stacked on top of each other without complaint - try to get people to do that and it's an international scandal.

Bricks Are People Too.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Stofsk wrote:What kind of a psychopath beats up piles of bricks? They couldn't possibly be harming him, so it's totally unprovoked. They even willingly cooperate by being stacked on top of each other without complaint - try to get people to do that and it's an international scandal.

Bricks Are People Too.
Uh... no they aren't.

:P
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Lost Soal wrote:He claims to serve at 140MPH, near the speed of Greg Rusedski who vertually doubles over when serving at speed. Unlike Aleksey whos last volley is also clearly heading off the side of the court.
The guy's tennis fundamentals are fucking laughable. The guy is just like the novices at tennis clubs who think they're hot shit, his footwork is crap, his swing is mostly from the arm with a fancy "pro-looking" motion which gives no control at all. His volleying is crap, way too much backswing, he's using the dropshot swing to hit floating volleys which'll get drilled right back at his crotch, what a dumbass. It looks cool to uneducated idiots, but anyone with decent tennis knowledge knows he's full of shit.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

His weightlifting is terrible, too. He's barely doing half reps (and with heavy assistance, no less) on the dumbbell incline bench press, and he lifts his entire body from his shoulders to his torso off the bench when doing the barbell bench press. Bad form.

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

If I ever need a resume to be written up, I now know who to call. :P
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

YouTube wrote:This video has been removed due to copyright infringement.
I didn't get to see the video!Image
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

Dominus Atheos wrote:
YouTube wrote:This video has been removed due to copyright infringement.
I didn't get to see the video!Image
Wow. I only finished watching it just before I posted, which was only 15 minutes before you did. You must have just missed it.

However Joe's link shows some of his most bullshit claims including
He claimed to have spent much of his childhood in a Tibetan monestary in post-Soviet Uzbekistan before moving to the United States, where he was employed by both the Mafia and the CIA. He was also a tennis instructor whose students include Harrison Ford and Sarah Michelle Gellar.
And oh yeah: he met the Dalai Lama along the way and is the second greatest martial arts fighter in the world.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Yeah, the guy who made it has been sending legal threats everywhere. Guess YouTube caved.

Bertie Wooster
Jedi Council Member
Location: reposed at the bosom of Nyx on the shores of Formentera

Post by Bertie Wooster »

It's still here: veoh.com

and on the ivygate website here
Fire Fly
Jedi Council Member

Post by Fire Fly »

Holy shit. The deeper and deeper I read into this, the more lies keep emerging. It seems like this guy's entire life is nothing but plagerism.

Ivygateblog.com, you made my night a little brighter.
Lost Soal
Sith Devotee

Post by Lost Soal »

Joe wrote:Yeah, the guy who made it has been sending legal threats everywhere. Guess YouTube caved.
Maybe the Bruce Lee estate should threaten legal action as well, since after the first 30 seconds you can't help but be bowled over by the stench of him spewing out the whole "lost" interview where he touts his "be water" beliefs.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Ancient Egyptian Blessing

Ivanova is always right.
I will listen to Ivanova.
I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God.
AND, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out! - Babylon 5 Mantra

There is no "I" in TEAM. There is a ME however.