Seriously are there people like this....

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Dennis Toy
BANNED

Seriously are there people like this....

Post by Dennis Toy »

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/index.php/Otakukin

People who believe that in another life they wee anime characters.

YOU HEARD RIGHT ANIME CHARACTERS.

:wtf:
You wanna set an example Garak....Use him, Let him Die!!
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Stupid crazy people can believe anything.

Then again, it could be something Encyclopediadramatica simply embelished.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Yeah, I'd already heard of them.

I guess when crazy just isn't crazy enough... .
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Base Delta Zero
Padawan Learner

Post by Base Delta Zero »

Say what? Do they think they were once actual characters, or that they once lived in an anime-like universe or... whaaa, either way it doesn't make much sense...
Darth Wong wrote:If the Church did driver training, they would try to get seatbelts outlawed because they aren't 100% effective in preventing fatalities in high-speed car crashes, then they would tell people that driving fast is a sin and chalk up the skyrocketing death toll to God's will. And homosexuals, because homosexuals drive fast.
Peptuck wrote: I don't think magical Borg adaptation can respond effectively to getting punched by a planet.
Metrion Cascade
Village Idiot

Post by Metrion Cascade »

A manifesto of sorts...

From Temple of the Ota'Kin:

Sections of the community accept as reasonable extrapolations of fact Tolkien-esque elves and fae, Pernian dragons, and other phenotypes resembling or derived from fictional sources. There are numerous theories behind the acceptance of such a concept, ranging from the creators of such fiction's unconcious 'tapping' of these alternate realities to repeated 'imprinting' on the Collective Unconcious (Dreaming, Astral Plane, et al) lending energy and therefore reality to said paradigms. I find either equally potentially valid, as well as many other related and offshoot theories which are too numerous and complex to list here with any hope of being accurate or comprehensive.

Suffice to say thatAnime/Manga/Live Action/Games/etc., which draw heavily upon Japanese/Chinese/Eastern mythology/cosmology/mysticism in general, appears to have one way or another made its 'imprint' known upon the metaphysical world. I've come to accept this through my own personal experiences with these paradigm, as well as an increasing number of unsolicited encounters and external confirmations by and with otherkin experiencing similar influences and shifts.

There seems to be a certain amount of resistance to the idea of Anime and Anime-related paradigms being as valid as the various other 'accepted' 'Kin paradigms/pheonotypes, a somewhat disconcerting and ironic contradiction in an alternative community that accepts everything from therianthropes to extraterrestrial fae. The subsequent apparent lack of acceptance expressed toward those who are influenced by this paradigm is what ultimately led to my decision to build the Temple. It's intended to be a small resource and recourse to those 'Kin dealing with this emerging paradigm, as well as a place for them to learn more about 'Kin-relevant aspects of Anime, Manga, VGMs, etc., as well as providing some links to the general Otherkin community. In the future I hope to have some relevant links as well as an image gallery, information exchange, media recommendations, and the like.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

People like that seriously need to stop breathing and die.

That is, unless it's just some satire.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

LongVin
Morally Bankrupt Asshole

Post by LongVin »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:People like that seriously need to stop breathing and die.

That is, unless it's just some satire.
Can that be expanded to any guy who decides to wear a sailor moon costume to a comic or anime convention whether or not they believe they were sailor moon in their pass life.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

More or less, although I'd actually let a guy wear a Sailor Senshi uniform, or anything equally feminine if they could pull it off well enough to make it work or have it be amusing.

However, such an individual should be required to wear stockings rather than go bare legs. :P

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

It doesn't really bother me as long as they keep a reasonable rein on their behavior, just like I expect of anyone else.

But they're still nutbags.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia