What do you drive?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Transmission?

Manual (I like driving to be an activity)
38%
Automatic (I like driving to be simple)
62%

Total votes: 65

Stile
Jedi Knight

Post by Stile »

2005 Sonic Blue Ford Mustang GT, 5 spped manual.
It feels better when you can floor it and shift from 3-4 at 75+ mph. :angelic:
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

'95 Mustang, automatic.
JADAFETWA
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

2000 Ford Focus ZX3. Automatic. It's gonna get a little dicey soon, though, with baby #2 on order for early May. I might have to *gasp* look for a minivan.
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

1989 B2200 Mazda Pickup - Manual Transmission. color - tan (aka Arizona dirt brown). It's basically the color of the ground around Tucson so it tends not to look very dirty from a distance even if I haven't washed it in awhile. Plus, it's not white so I can easilly pick it out from tons of white vehicles that populate Arizona.

I've pretty much always driven a manual transmission so I really prefer it and drive better with one than if I was using a vehicle with an automatic transmission.

This truck is the first and only motor vehicle that I've purchased and I bought it new. It still looks decent, it's usefull and reliable. Best of all it's been paid off for around 13 years so that means no loan payments. I like not having loan payments.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

1996 Vauxhall Corsa 1.2, 5 speed. Fear the power!!!1
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
Hyperion
Village Idiot

Post by Hyperion »

Stick all the way. You have control of the vehicle and it's power, and you can make it do things you just can't do with an automatic. Nevermind the efficiency difference.

I drive an '01 Civic 4-door w/manual tranny. I get almost 44mpg on the freeway, and 35 in the city.
"Freak on a leash! Freak on a leash!"
Haminal10
Padawan Learner

Post by Haminal10 »

A Black 2001 Nissan Sentra, with a 5 speed manual transmission.
"If brute force is not solving your problems, you are obviously not using enough"
-Common Imperial Guard saying

"Scripture also says 'Render unto Caesar what Caesar demands.' And right now, Caesar demands a building permit,"
-County Commisioner Mike Whitehead to Dr. Dino