blizzard WARNING, bitches! [title edit]

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Gah. I just want to go home but the roads suck.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Grand total where I live: 16 inches. Only took 2 hours to dig out the cars.
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Even in Indiana, we got some. It's been snowing nearly continuously at various concentrations (mostly flurries) for the past two days, and we've accumulated several inches of powder.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

Anyone that have some nice pictures of snow in NY?

I heard on the radio that you got close to a metre of snow in 24h, goddamn that is a lot.
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
Thunderfire
Jedi Master

Post by Thunderfire »

Faram wrote:I heard on the radio that you got close to a metre of snow in 24h, goddamn that is a lot.
Eastern Bavaria also got alot of snow last week. Up to two meters sometimes.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

about a foot here. Looks like NYC got the worst of it. And comrade Fgalkin? is it true that, in Soviet Russia, snow plows you? :P
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Doctor Doom
Padawan Learner

Post by Doctor Doom »

What is this "1-Hour Delay" bullshit that these schools are pulling? You either cancel school or you don't. This is the first time I've heard of a fucking "1-Hour Delay" for a blizzard.
Friendship is like peeing in your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Ghost Rider wrote:Yay...glorious white garbage.

Was loads of fun driving through.
You got a car? Cool!

As for me, SNNNNNNNNNNNOWWWWWWW DAAAAAAAAAY!!! :D
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Haminal10
Padawan Learner

Post by Haminal10 »

We got about 8 inches here in Baltimore. The snow was absolutely perfect for building stuff, so my fiance and I made a snowman. :D
"If brute force is not solving your problems, you are obviously not using enough"
-Common Imperial Guard saying

"Scripture also says 'Render unto Caesar what Caesar demands.' And right now, Caesar demands a building permit,"
-County Commisioner Mike Whitehead to Dr. Dino
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Got about 20" where I live in the dirty Jerz. Yesterday morning I was watching some poor schmuck digging his way into the parking lot from the road. I had no idea why the hell he was bothering; he could've just parked on the side of the street. I decided to see how things were, so I cleaned off my truck and made my way easily out of the parking lot. I'm sure they guy gave me a dirty look as I plowed through 15+ inches of snow with no problem.

In all, I'm glad I got to use my 4WD, even if I didn't have to go anywhere. It makes the shitty gas mileage slightly less annoying to be able effortlessly plow through 1+ feet of snow. Slightly.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

We had five inches of snow on the ground yesterday; the roads were ice; and it was freezing out.

Today, the high was in the low forties; there's two inches of snow; and the roads are clear.

Damn, I love Indiana weather.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

And in 36 hours we go from snowing and freezing conditions to bright, sunny 60*F(16C?) weather. :roll: :roll:
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Jedi Guardian
BANNED

Post by Jedi Guardian »

Ha! All you guys either have rain or snow i'm in AZ, in the dessert, were it's dry, and it doesn't snow at all. Aw man! :cry: All I want is a nice snow day! But seriously it doesn't snow down here so I hope you all make it ok, I mean who else would tease me about my writing? :) I wonder how Darth Wong is doing?
How Borg Cube vs. Death Star really went.

"Blast then next ship you see coming around that moon"

"Yes my lord"

Enter Borg ship

BOOM!

"Target destroyed my lord"
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

LadyTevar wrote:And in 36 hours we go from snowing and freezing conditions to bright, sunny 60*F(16C?) weather. :roll: :roll:
Yea, it really sucks here at Stony Brook too. It went from 30 F to 50 and I only have my heavy jacket with me. :evil:
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Jedi Guardian
BANNED

Post by Jedi Guardian »

Zaia wrote:You got a car? Cool!

Out of curiosity how old are you?

"Yes my lord"

Enter Borg ship

BOOM!

fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Jedi Guardian wrote:
Zaia wrote:You got a car? Cool!

Out of curiosity how old are you?
Older than you, let's leave it at that. Probably old enough to be your teacher (:)) if not mother.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Well I'm finally back in after harrowing adventures driving through this snow since it had to occur on a fucking DRILL WEEKEND. Basically it means that I got a taste of both Philly's snow and the snow back here in Maryland where COlumbia (my home) recorded a local record of 21." Basically I've been fucked over sideways since last friday and coupled with a power short frying my one rickety HDD I've spent until just about right now trying to put everything back together. So basically YAY snow.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

High today of 55 degrees.

Low tonight of 25 degrees.

I wonder if the state's going to fracture from thermal stress.
F. Douglass
theski
Sith Marauder

Post by theski »

Its 70 and sunny... might head to the beach tonight :twisted:
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.
Jedi Guardian
BANNED

Post by Jedi Guardian »

Yeah, it is starting to look a little clearer were I am instead of clouds, and I think it's starting to warm up to.

"Yes my lord"

Enter Borg ship

BOOM!

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Yesterday the high was 75*F.

Today the high will be 42*F.

What the bloody fuck is going on with the weather?
Oh, and there was a "Wind Advisory" last night warning of possible 40mph gusts. And believe me, I heard those hit the house a couple times last night. One of them blew so hard it ballooned the plastic covering my kitchen windows and knocked things off the shelf in front of it!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

It's snowing, right now, and the low tonight is something like 5 degrees. That's a fifty degree drop in about 36 hours. I second LadyTevar's question: just what the fuck is up with this weather?
F. Douglass
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

It's not too cold here (+5C yesterday, flash freeze last night), but my car was practically an ice sculpture this morning and we've had two 30-car pileups on our highways, three dead, and people trapped in cars. They're actually warning people off the two major highways here in Ottawa.

When the Canadians start getting fucked up by snow and ice, run for the damn hills.
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
Jadeite
Racist Pig Fucker

Post by Jadeite »

Surlethe wrote:We had five inches of snow on the ground yesterday; the roads were ice; and it was freezing out.

Today, the high was in the low forties; there's two inches of snow; and the roads are clear.

Damn, I love Indiana weather.
A prime example I can think of would be yesterday here in West Lafayette... weather was really nice for late winter, just a stiff breeze but not really that cold, and then later it turns to fast winds and freezing rain.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Surlethe wrote:It's snowing, right now, and the low tonight is something like 5 degrees. That's a fifty degree drop in about 36 hours. I second LadyTevar's question: just what the fuck is up with this weather?
I must third it. It's like the entire northern US is undergoing a huge cold snap. I was watching a news report earlier today and it's freezing pretty much everywhere north of . . .well, New Orleans.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."