So, what do you DO?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Kwizard
Padawan Learner

Post by Kwizard »

High school freshman. And Ornery, I'm sure you love dealing with your customers just as much as my dad; he's a computer support tech. :)
Haminal10
Padawan Learner

Post by Haminal10 »

I'm an Inside Sales rep for an IBM Business Parter in Laurel, Maryland.
"If brute force is not solving your problems, you are obviously not using enough"
-Common Imperial Guard saying

"Scripture also says 'Render unto Caesar what Caesar demands.' And right now, Caesar demands a building permit,"
-County Commisioner Mike Whitehead to Dr. Dino
Mr Flibble
Psychic Penguin

Post by Mr Flibble »

DarkSilver wrote:Drilling Operations Supervisor and Field Geologist (Night Shift) in the Oil Field. Primarily working in the Gulf of Mexico, Texas (as far east as Houston and as far north as Dallas, all of Louisianna, and most of Mississippi).

As Xalev loves to put it in chat, I fuck Mother Earth with 90' sections of steel pipes and drillbits. And if she cums, watch out, cause she's a squirter.

Seriously, mostly my job consist of sitting infront of a computer, monitoring the drilling rates, amount of gas levels coming out of the hole, and evaluating the cuttings coming from said hole for geological makeup (amounts of sand, shale, lime, lignite, granite, salt, etc in the sections we drilled through).

That and I get to play online except for the times I'm analyzing the mud coming out of the ground.
Cool another Geo

I'm currently finishing off my Bachelor of Science at Adelaide Uni, one semester to go, when I finish I'll have a triple major (yeah that is possible at Adelaide, rare though) in Geology, Geophysics and Environmental Geoscience. After that I'll be starting honours Geology.

In my spare time I work as a geological interpreter for a consulting company, interpreting results of some geophysics. And also this summer (ie now) I'm working under a summer scholarship program doing research at the Uni. So I have no spare time.
Malfeas
Redshirt

Post by Malfeas »

I was a Navy Nuclear Electrician on the USS Abraham Lincoln, more affectionately known by those who served on her as the 'Stinkin Lincoln'.

Now I am a Power Dispatcher on the distribution side for an electric utility in the pacific northwest.
Trytostaydead
Sith Marauder

Post by Trytostaydead »

I live on welfare look at naked people everyday (med student)
Metatwaddle
Jedi Council Member

Post by Metatwaddle »

I'm a college student currently taking a semester off to do... something, probably work at a bookstore (with luck).
Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things... their number is negligible and they are stupid. --Dwight D. Eisenhower
Death from the Sea
Sith Devotee

Post by Death from the Sea »

I am a police officer in Pasadena, TX.
"War.... it's faaaaaantastic!" <--- Hot Shots:Part Duex
"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't care how fucking crazy they are!"~ Seth from Dusk Till Dawn
|BotM|Justice League's Lethal Protector
Vicious
Jedi Knight

Post by Vicious »

While I am a student and have indeed done absolutely nothing this Winter break, I do a fair bit outside of school. I'm treasurer of my college's Model UN group, and I do a lot with them attending conferences and such. This coming March, right before Spring break a friend and I are going to Geneva, Switzerland for a week to attend a Model UN conference. Depending on finances, we might spend Spring break in Istanbul, which would kick huge amounts of ass. Going to Geneva in the first place kicks ass, but getting to spend a free week in Istanbul would pretty much make my year.
MFS Angry Wookiee - PRFYNAFBTFC

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." -Richard Dawkins
Trytostaydead
Sith Marauder

Post by Trytostaydead »

Vicious wrote:While I am a student and have indeed done absolutely nothing this Winter break, I do a fair bit outside of school. I'm treasurer of my college's Model UN group, and I do a lot with them attending conferences and such. This coming March, right before Spring break a friend and I are going to Geneva, Switzerland for a week to attend a Model UN conference. Depending on finances, we might spend Spring break in Istanbul, which would kick huge amounts of ass. Going to Geneva in the first place kicks ass, but getting to spend a free week in Istanbul would pretty much make my year.
I am sooo reminded of the Simpsons episode where they get stranded on the island while going to a model UN conference.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Illuminatus Primus wrote: No one told you to sell your life to arguing minutae and semantics and pushing papers to cover other people's asses.
I quit. :lol:
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
WyrdNyrd
Jedi Knight

Post by WyrdNyrd »

Computer programmer/consultant/paid web-surfer.

I wish that I did real programming, but I really just install and customise the Siebel package at various clients. Ocassionally I do some integration work, massaging data coming from/going to other systems, which sometimes involves actually writing bits of code that are more than just a few lines long.
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Fifth year Information Technology major, focused in networking. Its a glorified CompSci degree with a dozen other subjects focused on the business side of things, which is actualy somewhat useful.

I hoped to finish sooner, but I've been doing the last two years part time while working at a games store, trying to save up for some long term purchases.
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

I work with computers, stuff like ASP, webdesign, graphic design, administration of web and email servers and everything else under the field of computers.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Sharp-kun
Sith Devotee

Post by Sharp-kun »

Uni Student/Shop Assistant