Cigars
27%
Pipes
3%
Hookahs
9%
Cigarettes (any)
39%
Cigarettes (particular - hand-rolled, cloves, &c.)
15%
Other?
6%

Total votes: 33

haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

Durandal wrote:
salm wrote:Anyway, i used to smoke Lucky Strikes and Gauloise Blondes.
I wasn't aware that anyone under 65 smoked Lucky Strikes.
The only non-filters I'll smoke unless I'm doing rollies. Heh.
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Durandal wrote:You know, I haven't noticed a difference in the taste of food since I quit. I can definitely smell smoke now, though. Hell, I remember getting out some old clothes that absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke that I'd never noticed before.
Well, I smoked pretty regular for ten years or better, that may have had something to do with it, or the fact that I smoked hardcore freaking menthols (Newports)...that was just one of the many benefits I noticed. I'm actually much happier since quitting. Best decision I've ever made outside of my divorce...
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

I've got a small and second-rate hookah called "Telly the Travelling Hookah," and there was a period of about 6 months where I smoked licorice, apple, or melon tobacco almost every day. I really like hookah, because it doesn't smell like tobacco and even makes your room smell kind of nice, assuming you are smoking flavors you like the scent of.

Cigs I can't stand, and I don't want their smell in my clothes.

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Petrosjko wrote:Camel Turkish Golds, though I'm pondering switching to the Turkish Silvers.
The Turkish Golds are really nice. The Silvers are good, but they're too mild for me. It's like smoking an ultralight.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Durandal wrote:
salm wrote:Anyway, i used to smoke Lucky Strikes and Gauloise Blondes.
I wasn't aware that anyone under 65 smoked Lucky Strikes.
They´re rather popular among young people around here. The ones with filter, not the filterless ones.
Danny Bhoy
Jedi Knight

Post by Danny Bhoy »

Durandal wrote:
FireNexus wrote:I like ultra light menthol cigs (salem or marlboro, usually) a CAO Gold cigar very rarely, clove cigarettes, camel menthol, and now those camel turkish silvers. I really should quit....
Menthols are fucking gross. Why would I want to smoke a tube of toothpaste?
Menthols are not as 'heaty' for the throat as others. And that matters to me in 40C climate.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

But menthols are disgusting: some of my friends smoke them, and they started specifically because noone would want to bum smokes off them.
Petrosjko
Sith Acolyte

Post by Petrosjko »

RedImperator wrote:
Petrosjko wrote:Camel Turkish Golds, though I'm pondering switching to the Turkish Silvers.
The Turkish Golds are really nice. The Silvers are good, but they're too mild for me. It's like smoking an ultralight.
I take it you've tried the exotic blends? There were a couple of blends I liked, but I can't remember the names offhand.
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Stark wrote:But menthols are disgusting: some of my friends smoke them, and they started specifically because noone would want to bum smokes off them.
...You haven't been here before. A cigarette is a cigarette, unless you're allergic to menthol.

Formerly verilon

CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Beggarss can't be Choosers. So sayeth one of my Staff Sgts last year and how right he was. Normally I'd never smoke anythign heavier than Malboro Lights but damn if I didn't try some of everything when I was out and just needed a quick little puff.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

I indulge tobacco only once a year, for Mardi Gras, and always with a fine cigar.
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

verilon wrote:...You haven't been here before. A cigarette is a cigarette, unless you're allergic to menthol.
Excuse me? 9 out of ten test subjects agree, menthol tastes like shit. It's not my fault you're a hopeless addict that'll suck on anything with nicotine in it.

Luckily, fine cubans aren't particularly expensive here (well, last time I bought some several months ago anyway). A fine cigar is to be savoured!
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Stark wrote:
verilon wrote:...You haven't been here before. A cigarette is a cigarette, unless you're allergic to menthol.
Excuse me? 9 out of ten test subjects agree, menthol tastes like shit. It's not my fault you're a hopeless addict that'll suck on anything with nicotine in it.
Again, in Albuquerque (at least the part I can afford to live in), a cigarette is a cigarette. Period. As it was said before, beggars can't be choosers.

Formerly verilon

Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

I once ate a Marlboro Red when I was five, does that count?
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

haas mark wrote:
Stark wrote:
Again, in Albuquerque (at least the part I can afford to live in), a cigarette is a cigarette. Period. As it was said before, beggars can't be choosers.
I'm with Stark. Menthol tastes like shit, and I smoked menthol for two years, so I know. When I bought a pack later by accident, I couldn't give it away to a two-pack-a-day chainsmoker. Poverty is not an excuse; el cheapo brands like USA are better than Newports or Malrboro Menthols.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

RedImperator wrote:I'm with Stark. Menthol tastes like shit, and I smoked menthol for two years, so I know. When I bought a pack later by accident, I couldn't give it away to a two-pack-a-day chainsmoker. Poverty is not an excuse; el cheapo brands like USA are better than Newports or Malrboro Menthols.
Matter of taste, that. I started on Marlboro reds, and I usually don't like anything that's not menthol, unless it's a full flavor.

Formerly verilon

Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Camel Lights (when I drink). And I don't really consider it smoking unless you inhale, but different strokes...
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Al Capone Cigarillos aren't bad

Given a choice, I smoke either Cuban or Cohiba.
Lt. Dan
Jedi Knight

Post by Lt. Dan »

haas mark wrote:
Stark wrote:
Crazy, someone else who lives in Albuquerque. Primetimes are good and there are some places around here where we can get them for cheep. Hookahs are fun too. There's a place downtown to just sit and smoke with friends and it ain't too bad.
d(-_-)b
haas mark

Post by haas mark »

Lt. Dan wrote:Crazy, someone else who lives in Albuquerque. Primetimes are good and there are some places around here where we can get them for cheep. Hookahs are fun too. There's a place downtown to just sit and smoke with friends and it ain't too bad.
We knew this a long time ago, Dan. :P Usually I have to stick to Natives and Sandias, though, because I'm fucking poor as hell.

Formerly verilon

Mlenk
Jedi Knight

Post by Mlenk »

I prefer Camel Reds but around here they only sell them at specialty smoke shops. When I'm not able to get those I'll go with Marlboro Reds. And oh yeah, Menthols are NASTY!
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

I was downgrading from Marlboro Red to Marlboro Lights to Marlboro Menthol when my (now ex) girlfriend introduced me to clove cigarettes. Before that, I couldn't stand the taste of clove cigarettes, because they're kind of 'bitter' in the mouth, but her brand is Djarum, which tastes rather 'sweet' (latte sweet, not menthol sweet). Now I'm staying with cloves for everyday smoking; cannot turn back to non-cloves. Clove cigarettes are especially delicious when accompanying the coffee.

As for cigar, I don't have special preferences. Basically any types work, altough I mostly go for panatela because I tend to inhale the smoke into my lungs like when smoking cigarettes.