Silliest popular fashion trends

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Raven
Padawan Learner

Post by Raven »

High heels. Unfortunately, it's more than just a trend.
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

I have to agree with the gaudy necklace stuff. Just the other day, I was working on register and a guy came in with at least 20 crucifixes on heavy chains around his neck. Needless to say, he looked rather silly.

To Red: By low-hanging pants, do you mean pants worn on the hips, or do you mean gangsta-style pants that leave the ass hanging out, covered only by the baggy shirt that is usually worn with them?
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

I wear rather low hanging pants, sorta around my hips, I think it looks good, I also don't mind stuff that looks worn because thats kinda the look I was after even when I bought new looking stuff, I had to wear it a long time to get the desired result then, now I don't and it's fashionable too :)
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Damaramu
Jedi Master

Post by Damaramu »

I always laugh at people I see wearing those ginormous pairs of shorts, like the super baggy large cargo shorts that come down to mid-calf or right above the ankles.

They're just goofy looking. :lol:
Jay
Padawan Learner

Post by Jay »

none of you have mentioned the English trend of 'Chav' wear.

From the ground up:

You need white trainers. White sports socks. Shiney running trousers with a veritcle stripe down each leg. The trousers must be tucked into the sock! A collared t-shirt, worn under a white sweater with burbery stripes. A white baseball cap and more fat-ass bling than you can imagine, dripping from every finger and neck.

Also, one requires, an IQ of 80 or less. At least three babies (with names like Shaznay) before you are sixteen. And you must sit outside all night, blocking the entry way to shops and take-outs, force feeding said children chips before they are even able to chew.

Men require shaven heads. Women require lashings of fake tan and bleeched blonde hair, with mulitple primary coloured highlights. The fringe should be pulled tightly forwards and starched so that it stands upright on its own. The rest of the hair should be pulled tightly backwards into a pony tail or pig tails.

To complete the Chav look, one must then be offencive, rude and violent to everyone who passes by. There is no age restriction. PokeChav's as young as six run around swearing at old people. DeciChav's as old as thirty run around breaking car windows and beating up students.

Alas, I digress, They look fucking stupid and are becoming more numerous by the day. I wear a variation of collared shirt, plain casual trousers, boots and a sweater most every day and they have the fucking gaul to shout obsentities about my clothes!!!!! :evil:

This link explains it all http://www.cecimoz.co.uk/flashpanel/Chavs2.htm
Last edited by Jay on 2005-06-05 11:51am, edited 1 time in total.
...and knowing is half the battle
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

From what I hear, chavs are rapidly becoming a major social problem in Brittain
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Those wierd combined skirt/ pant things from the late 90s. Those were the stupidiest fucking clothes a girl could possibly wear.

Oh, and girls who wear flip-flops. Makes their legs look like absolute crap, and they walk like ducks. Sorry, I'm a chauvinist pig, eat me.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Jay
Padawan Learner

Post by Jay »

From what I hear, chavs are rapidly becoming a major social problem in Brittain
Sadly yes. They are a source of some amusement, however. I was watching ROTS the other day, and the row behind me was filled with PokeChavs. They spent the whole movie throwing popcorn and globs of soda at me and my mate Steve. Running a laser pen over the screen. I went to get the attendent. (because, I wasn't going to round on children, no matter how much they deserve it) and the attendent said that he couldn't help because there was no way to identify which one did it. They all looked exactly the same! I thought that was funny if nothing else.

Then they interupted Yoda! No-one interupts Yoda and gets away with it! :twisted:

Returning to the point, I don't understand a fashion that makes you look indestinguishable from everyone else.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

i find it hard to take a thug seriously if he's dressed in fucking burberry. Damn crazy Brits... Even your gangsters are fruity.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Jay
Padawan Learner

Post by Jay »

Thanks, babe. We love you too :)
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Not sure if it was mentioned already but acid wash jeans.. ahhh!! yuk. and the jeans they have now that are already faded so much that it looks like you sat on a wet bench or something. Rediculous I tell you. This would be why i stick to Levis jeans, it's rare to find any other brand that is not pre faded like that or so dark they're uncool too.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

jasonicusuk wrote:This link explains it all http://www.cecimoz.co.uk/flashpanel/Chavs2.htm
Jesus, how hideous. Why the hell are their mouths over by one of their ears?

Oh, and the whole burberry thug thing is attrocious, too. ;)
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:
jasonicusuk wrote:This link explains it all http://www.cecimoz.co.uk/flashpanel/Chavs2.htm
Jesus, how hideous. Why the hell are their mouths over by one of their ears?

Oh, and the whole burberry thug thing is attrocious, too. ;)
OH MY FUCKING GODLESS! Wiggers and gangstas in America are SO MUCH BETTER than these damn Chavs you guys got.

Blog Entry about Chavs wrote:Alot of people i know who live near me are now being described as "chavs" . Chavs are the main reason behind the "Yob Culture" i blogged about not to long ago.
So what exactly is a chav. Well i shall explain. And most British people on here will then be able to put a name to these type of people when spotted in the street...

A typical chav is easily recognisable by his fake buberry cap which im convinced he was born with, A sovereign ring worn previously by pikies and Jimmy Saville, pure white trainers and a cigarette.
The chevette is the female version of a chav. Although she appears as an intellectually challenged slapper , shes actually quite cunning. She has figured out that she doesnt need to find a career . When it comes round to trying to find a job she can provide herself with free accomodation at the tax payers expense by spawning a litter of multi-coloured mini chavs. This usually takes place during early teens.
They have a thing about thinking they are the hardest , coolest thing to walk the planet. In their eyes they might be. But in the other 6 billion people on this planet, theyr'e pricks.
Their "hoodie" of choice is usually a failing sports make like McKenzie.
Chavs amuse themselves by spraying humorous words on walls, trains and bus stops . Extremely funny words like "Shit" and " Leicester cru woz ere " . Obviously to make us chuckle to ourselves and think " wow the leicester crew were here " whilst standing waiting for the bus. This kind of art can also be found in public toilets to amuse us whilst we urinate.
They generally try to avoid words they cannot spell or pronounce. This, over the generations of chavs has even spawned its own lower form of English even going as far as to use an array of different hand signals when they simple cant be bothered to talk.
You too can practice a simple chav hand gesture. Simply clench your fist and tap it against your chest. This means " Respec " . Notice i miss off the "t" in respect . This is a newly formed chav word.
Many chavs have taken to tucking their sports trousers into their socks.
Wearing sports clothes is very ironic as the only form of exercise they ever actually encounter is running from police.
They can usually be spotted in town centres next to their nest . Mcdonalds.
If eye contact with a chav is made , expect some verbal abuse followed by " ill bang u out " whilst arms are spread apart.
Some chavs can be spotted travelling in a blacked out 1990 Nova with a big " im a wanker " style exhaust, a spoiler shapped plank of MDF on the back and a noise blasting out which they call " music " .
A chavs attitude depends heavily on being in a gang . On his own , a chav is about as hard as a pillow. But when in a gang and showing off , he'll challenge anyone to anything.
If they challenge you to an abusing contest first. Which is usually what happens . They will use abuse like " Ya Mam " Jokes. This can be countered by using a long word. This confuses the chav and sends him into disarray.
Another fashion trend amoung chavs is a slight shave in an eyebrow. This ultimatly makes them look stupid and moronic. thus giving them extra credibility among fellow chavs.
If they walk past you , and you happen to keep your eyes on them after they have undoubtably called you a "twat" perhaps because you have a real burberry cap as apposed to the fake one of chav land, You should be aware that they will assume that you want a fight with them.
They have some how came to the conclusion that drum and bass is cool.
Maybe the fox hunters who claim their lively hoods are at stack because of fox hunting being banned should take up "Chav hunting". To my knowledge its not illegal plus Chavs are a bigger species of nusiance then foxes.
A while ago , chavs were rare but seem to have spread like a disease.
Unfortunatly these "people" arnt considered annoying enough to be dealt with by pest control so we'll just have to put up with them. But feel safe in the knowledge that they are thick as shit.
I shall update you on any new chav goings on i come across "safe, innit".
Image Image
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

Mrs Kendall wrote:Not sure if it was mentioned already but acid wash jeans.. ahhh!! yuk. and the jeans they have now that are already faded so much that it looks like you sat on a wet bench or something. Rediculous I tell you. This would be why i stick to Levis jeans, it's rare to find any other brand that is not pre faded like that or so dark they're uncool too.
I don't think I've seen those in 15 years. Where do you live?
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner

Superman wrote:
Mrs Kendall wrote:Not sure if it was mentioned already but acid wash jeans.. ahhh!! yuk. and the jeans they have now that are already faded so much that it looks like you sat on a wet bench or something. Rediculous I tell you. This would be why i stick to Levis jeans, it's rare to find any other brand that is not pre faded like that or so dark they're uncool too.
You can find 'em in any redneck town with a 'Tractor Supply' store around here. I think dark blue jeans on a redneckish guy's shapely butt is quite handsome :P
Image Image
The Morrigan
Jedi Knight
Location: Lost, somewhere within the realms of my own fevered imagination

Post by The Morrigan »

jasonicusuk wrote:none of you have mentioned the English trend of 'Chav' wear.

From the ground up:

You need white trainers. White sports socks. Shiney running trousers with a veritcle stripe down each leg. The trousers must be tucked into the sock! A collared t-shirt, worn under a white sweater with burbery stripes. A white baseball cap and more fat-ass bling than you can imagine, dripping from every finger and neck.

Also, one requires, an IQ of 80 or less. At least three babies (with names like Shaznay) before you are sixteen. And you must sit outside all night, blocking the entry way to shops and take-outs, force feeding said children chips before they are even able to chew.

Men require shaven heads. Women require lashings of fake tan and bleeched blonde hair, with mulitple primary coloured highlights. The fringe should be pulled tightly forwards and starched so that it stands upright on its own. The rest of the hair should be pulled tightly backwards into a pony tail or pig tails.
[laughs & points]
After all, this is completely straightforward. What could possibly go wrong?

THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR EMERGENCY PANTS!

I hate Matt Damon and there's not a damn thing you can do about it

No, I'm not on drugs. I'm like this all the time.
Superman

Post by Superman »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:
Superman wrote:
You can find 'em in any redneck town with a 'Tractor Supply' store around here. I think dark blue jeans on a redneckish guy's shapely butt is quite handsome :P
Riiight... they accent a mullet nicely.
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Col. Crackpot wrote:i find it hard to take a thug seriously if he's dressed in fucking burberry. Damn crazy Brits... Even your gangsters are fruity.
Go back and read the description of Nadsat fashion in A Clockwork Orange. It's not identical by any means but there is a definite family resemblance, almost eerie.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Okay, I must admit it, that ChavBox looks kinda neat... :oops:

Ein is right, American Whiggers and Gangstas sound at least ten times better than British Chavs. In my eye, Chavs win this contest hands down.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Superman

Post by Superman »

Bwaahahah Chavs...

Tuck your pants into your socks? Wear rings? What kind of sick British twisted monstrosity is this?

http://www.chavscum.co.uk/

So basically, Chavs are sort of white trash, gangsta, and retard all rolled up into one? Wow.
Jay
Padawan Learner

Post by Jay »

So basically, Chavs are sort of white trash, gangsta, and retard all rolled up into one? Wow.
damn you! You made me snort tizer!!! :lol:

Einhander, please come to my country with your rail gun and save us all from this terrible plauge.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Superman wrote: I don't think I've seen those in 15 years. Where do you live?
Uh, I wasn't aware we were only talking about fashions these days :P and yeah I've seen people still wearing them recently. One guy I went to high school with used to wear them all the time, and I graduated in 97, from a large school in a large city. I think he wore them cause his family couldn't afford any new styles but still. Einy is right, you can still find guys wearing them in redneck towns, though I haven't noticed any in our small town, thank god!
Sharpshooter
Jedi Master

Post by Sharpshooter »

I hheard this on Stern a few days ago. cSupposedly, one of the new "in" things is a device called a Whistler, which you install in your muffler and produces the most hideous noise as you're driving - supposedly, they can be heard up to a quarter mile away, or whatever the figure given was. Of course, they also have one of the most rediculous people I've ever heard defending it on a news broadcast:

"...and it goes WOO WOOOOOOOO!!!"

I shit you not, and full-blown. Even worse than the Whistler, I think.
This has been another blunder by you friendly local idiot.
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

Vympel wrote:Those wierd combined skirt/ pant things from the late 90s. Those were the stupidiest fucking clothes a girl could possibly wear.
Such trend in also happened in business clothing where female yuppies wore solid-colored stockings that looks like tight pants. I still remember seeing the HR manager wearing metallic-blue miniskirt and jet-black stockings combo. Note she was in late thirties at that time.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner

jasonicusuk wrote:
damn you! You made me snort tizer!!! :lol:

Einhander, please come to my country with your rail gun and save us all from this terrible plauge.
I wonder how they'd react to a Gay Bomb? :twisted:
Image Image