Happy Loyalty Day!

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Happy Loyalty Day!

Post by Lord Zentei »

Because the prez says May 1st is Loyalty Day. :mrgreen:

There used to be some other function for today, but nobody cares about that but hippies and commies and they don't count. :wink:
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

My loyalty belongs to my country, not the illegitmate leader who defiles the basis of it's laws and has sentenced over three thousand of my fellows to death all over a petty grudge.
A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Isn't today the designated time to begin outdoor fucking? I don't think tWit would consider that particularly loyal what with hating hippies and all that. And of course that would qualify anyone who participated as a hippy in his mind.

Edit: Spelling.
Last edited by The Spartan on 2007-05-01 08:40am, edited 1 time in total.
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Sounds a lot like something ole Adolf would have comissioned for the Third Reich. 1984 was a typo, we're getting into it now.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Today is "go to Berlin and break stuff day". Unfortunately i have to work and can´t whitness the spectacle. There´s no vandalizing and no people vs police fights in Stuttgart either. What a boring 1st of May.
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

I wonder how many people are even going to remember Loyalty Day five years from now? Or even next year for that matter?
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

I prefer celebrating the `Day of Work' (Tag der Arbeit in Austria) - by having a day off :-D

Has he also reintroduced the Loyalty Toast ? "The Queen - God Bless Her"
(I should stop reading Patrick O'Brian..)

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Re: Happy Loyalty Day!

Post by fgalkin »

Lord Zentei wrote:Because the prez says May 1st is Loyalty Day. :mrgreen:

There used to be some other function for today, but nobody cares about that but hippies and commies and they don't count. :wink:
The President in question being Eisenhower, of course.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Patrick Degan wrote:I wonder how many people are even going to remember Loyalty Day five years from now? Or even next year for that matter?
Ike sez wrote:I HAVE TODAY approved House Joint Resolution Number 479, designating May 1 as Loyalty Day, and calling for its appropriate observance by the people of this Nation. I am in accord with its purposes.

The naming of May 1st as Loyalty Day conflicts, however, with the observance of that day as Child Health Day pursuant to joint resolution passed by the Congress in 1928.

I therefore urge that the Congress enact legislation amending the act of May 28, 1928, 45 Stat. 616, by substituting the first Monday in October for May 1 as Child Health Day, thus avoiding the conflict that would otherwise result from simultaneous observances for different purposes.

Note: As enacted, House Joint Resolution 479 is Public Law 85-529 (72 Stat. 369).
Given that that was written back in 1958, quite a lot, it seems.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

I prefer celebrating the `Day of Work' (Tag der Arbeit in Austria) - by having a day off
Dag van de Arbeid, Labour Day, celebrated all over the world by not going to work. Lovely :mrgreen:
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Dag van de Arbeid, Labour Day, celebrated all over the world by not going to work. Lovely
The basic worker rights include the right to rest. That was sort of the whole history of May 1, protest for less working time. ;)
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Stas Bush wrote:
Dag van de Arbeid, Labour Day, celebrated all over the world by not going to work. Lovely
The basic worker rights include the right to rest. That was sort of the whole history of May 1, protest for less working time. ;)
Like a friend of mine said today, they should call it "Relax After Labour-Day". Either that, or celebrate Labour Day by digging ditches from dusk till dawn :P
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

Patrick Degan wrote:I wonder how many people are even going to remember Loyalty Day five years from now? Or even next year for that matter?
I doubt I'll remember past the end of the day... what day is it again?
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

We have a holiday today?
JADAFETWA
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Today's "Loyalty Day"? That's one of the most retarded things I've heard this week.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

Surlethe wrote:Today's "Loyalty Day"? That's one of the most retarded things I've heard this week.
First proclaimed in the 20s as a counter to the "Bolshevist" May Day celebration. It was first called "Americanisation Day" before being formally renamed Loyalty Day in 1928.

In that spirit:

Arise, ye workers from your slumber,
Arise, ye prisoners of want.
For reason in revolt now thunders,
and at last ends the age of cant!
Away with all your superstitions,
Servile masses, arise, arise!
We'll change henceforth the old tradition,
And spurn the dust to win the prize!
  So comrades, come rally,
  And the last fight let us face.
  The Internationale,
  Unites the human race.
  So comrades, come rally,
  And the last fight let us face.
  The Internationale,
  Unites the human race.

8)
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

So that's how it sounds in English 8)

Actually 1st May was started as a worker's holiday by America's rioting workers. So America is basically trying to re-write it's own history by making it Loyalty Day :lol:
In addition, May Day in the United States is commonly regarded — at least by certain groups — as a commemoration of the execution of the Haymarket martyrs who were arrested after the Haymarket Riot of 1886 in Chicago, Illinois, which occurred on May 4, but was the culmination of labor unrest which began on May 1.
But hey, isn't it better to have Loyalty Day instead? :lol:
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Fucking commies.

:D
XXXI
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Bah. Give me Beltaine. Drinking and Sex
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Surlethe wrote:Today's "Loyalty Day"? That's one of the most retarded things I've heard this week.
If you don't like the name, you could always wait till next year when it'll probably be known as "Freedom Day".
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

J wrote:
If you don't like the name, you could always wait till next year when it'll probably be known as "Freedom Day".
That's unPatriotic!

*Dials DHS*

Yeah, I've got a Canuck who's acting mighty suspicious. Yeah, just make the reward cheque out to Cash, as in Johnny.
XXXI