To Absent Friends • Requiescat in Pace

Moderator: Moderators

Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Deepest condolences.
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Kintaro
Jedi Knight

Post by Kintaro »

I'm sorry to hear this. His family has my condolences.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

My deepest sympathies. My thoughts and wishes go to the family.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Man, I am sorry...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

My condolences.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Boba Fett
Jedi Master

Post by Boba Fett »

That's sad...he was so young.

Deepest condolences to all who stood close to him.
Visit Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Member of BotM and HAB
Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

Wow. He will indeed be missed. My condolensces to his family and friends.

*moment of silence*
And you may ask yourself, 'Where does that highway go to?'

Brotherhood of the Monkey - First Monkey|Justice League - Daredevil|Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Eisenhower Mug Knight (13 Conan Pts.)|SD.Net Chroniclers|HAB
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

What a tragic reminder of our mortality... :(
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

My deepest condolences, as well.

To die so young... Very sad...
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Although I can't recall ever really getting to know this person, it is a sad time when someone so young leaves this world.

My condolences go to his family and friends.
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

I vaguely remember him.

my condolences to everyone who knew him better.
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Jesus...this is just.... :(
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

I'm afraid I never knew him but for whatever comfort it may be to those close to him: My condolences. :(
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Damn..... He was a great guy. Especially liked whenever he posted in the STGODs. Did his character have that special "Lambda" shuttle??
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Enigma wrote:Damn..... He was a great guy. Especially liked whenever he posted in the STGODs. Did his character have that special "Lambda" shuttle??
That was Rob Wilson.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
The Great Unbearded One
Padawan Learner

Post by The Great Unbearded One »

I went round to see to Johns family today, took flowers and paid my condolances. Firstly, I would like to say that John's death was a tragic accident (or misadventure as the coroner put it), also that John's family are grateful for the memorial silence being held at the con. Not really sure what else to put, but thought you might like to know for those of you who messaged with him well
"Drama is just life with all the boring bits cut out!" - Hitchcock
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Requiescat in pacem.

Post by Publius »

May he find peace on his journey into the undiscovered country.
Clone Sergeant
Padawan Learner

Post by Clone Sergeant »

I wasn't familiar with him, but my sincerest condolences go out to his family and friends. :cry:
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

I didn't know him but something like this make me think about how you can hear the name of a person who's suffered a tragedy like this on the news and not bat an eye, yet, in today's internet sociaty, that person could quite possibly be someone you're really good friends with. You just didn't know their real name or their face. Now-a-days, you never really know if the person sitting next to you at the movies or on the bus, the person you just gave the finger to in traffic, isn't a board member.
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Mark S wrote:I didn't know him but something like this make me think about how you can hear the name of a person who's suffered a tragedy like this on the news and not bat an eye, yet, in today's internet sociaty, that person could quite possibly be someone you're really good friends with. You just didn't know their real name or their face. Now-a-days, you never really know if the person sitting next to you at the movies or on the bus, the person you just gave the finger to in traffic, isn't a board member.
You're right. You just never know. I somtimes wonder if I have just meet a fellow SDnet member but will never know.
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

May he rest in peace.
"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

A life lost at only 20-- wow. It is hard to imagine. I was just beginning to really truly soak up life at that age, and to lose it at 20...

I feel for this young man, and his family and friends, even though I cannot recall ever having heard of him before. The outpouring of concern and love for him is evident that he was held in high esteem by a great many people, people whom I respect-- that is all I need to know.

So who here can tell me of John Healey? I want to hear about him.

May he rest in peace.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

Farewell John, you were a good man.
:D
Bertie Wooster
Jedi Council Member
Location: reposed at the bosom of Nyx on the shores of Formentera

Post by Bertie Wooster »

Coyote wrote:
So who here can tell me of John Healey? I want to hear about him.

May he rest in peace.
I found this about him: http://www.wbhq.co.uk/who.php.

My condolences to his family and friends. He seemed like a fun guy to know.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Crayz9000 wrote:
Enigma wrote:Damn..... He was a great guy. Especially liked whenever he posted in the STGODs. Did his character have that special "Lambda" shuttle??
That was Rob Wilson.

I know he took part in the STGOD 1 but what was his empire\faction?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!