In Memoriam: Martin Kemmish / SirNitram

To Absent Friends • Requiescat in Pace

Moderator: Moderators

Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Re: In Memoriam: SirNitram

Post by Ahriman238 »

Nit and Tev were very kind to me all the way back to my first thread here. I'll miss him, and wish Tev all the best.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Murazor
Jedi Council Member

Post by Murazor »

I am another one of those feeling that strange sadness one feels when somebody who is something of an acquaintance dies, moreso considering Martin's relative youth.

For what little these words mean, my condolences to his family.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

The ASVS band is getting smaller and smaller. He'll be missed.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

On the few occasions we ran into each other we usually disagreed (and it usually turned out he was right and I was wrong) but there never was any malice involved, and I certainly respected him. This board has lost another brilliant member, the world has lost an awesome human being, and worst of all Her Ladyship lost a loving and wonderful husband. I wish I had more than mere words to offer to her but since I don't, you have my deepest condolences, My Lady.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

Post by Panzersharkcat »

I never interacted with him so the only thing I can say is I'm sorry for your loss, Tev. He seemed like a cool guy.
"I'm just reading through your formspring here, and your responses to many questions seem to indicate that you are ready and willing to sacrifice realism/believability for the sake of (sometimes) marginal increases in gameplay quality. Why is this?"
"Because until I see gamers sincerely demanding that if they get winged in the gut with a bullet that they spend the next three hours bleeding out on the ground before permanently dying, they probably are too." - J.E. Sawyer
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: SirNitram has passed away

Post by LadyTevar »

madd0ct0r wrote:aw shit. He died like he lived, bloody awkwardly.

he'll be missed.
:luv:
kuja wrote:FUCK
Actually, it was more "Shit Shit Shit SHIT DON"T DO THIS", but... yeah. :oops:

Thank you. I started crying again reading this thread until I saw the two quote above Then I laughed, because Nitram would have laughed as well.

He had broken his femur at the bottom of the ball-joint, where it's the thinnest. He'd started vomitting about 5 minutes after he'd fallen, which was the first sign we knew it was serious, but not that it was internal bleeding. It seems he damaged an artery, and it was emptying into his belly. They couldn't go inside, because the fluid (Ascites) on his stomach was acting as a pressure bandage to slow the flow as much as it could. The Blood and the Ascites both were causing respiratory failure from the pressure on his organs.
So, if they drained fluid to allow him to breathe, they'd loosen the pressure keeping him from bleeding out totally. As it was, the last two hours he was leaking blood from every hole. They couldn't get his blood to clot. He was unable to focus on anyone, although he seemed to hear and understand when I talked, he couldn't even squeeze my hand for yes/no. He was glassy-eyed and vacant.

I made the call to take the ventilator tube out. I made the call to give him a nice shot of morphine, and let him dream in peace as I held his hand and listened to his breathing slow and stop. I was with him until the end, with my brothers and my mom with me (his parents were delayed on the tarmac at Boston).

And now I sit here, in our apartment, and the kittens are prowling and looking for Daddy, and I don't know how to tell them that he's never coming back. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Damn. I'm terribly sorry Tev, you have my deepest condolances.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

My condolences. He was a good man who made this place better by having him in it.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

I reiterate my previous "FUCK" and to it I add a "FUUUUUCK" for emphasis.

I'm so sorry, Tev. I got nothing but to say I'm angry and sad with you.
JADAFETWA
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

My condolences

:(
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Clever, Smart, annoying like most smart clever people are, creative, RIP man.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I don't have the decade-plus of memories some people here have of Nitram. And I didn't converse much with him directly.

But despite that, he taught me very fast, within a week or two of having ever heard of him, to respect his intelligence and humor. I'm going to miss his presence here, and I only saw the fruit of a few minutes' worth of his time a day on average.

Lady Tevar, you have my immense sympathy.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

I'm....sorry Tev...that must had been the most difficult thing to do..... We're here when you need us madam,just as always.....
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

the kittens are prowling and looking for Daddy, and I don't know how to tell them that he's never coming back
I think they'll figure it out eventually. For now, best you can do is hold them and pet them. Might help *you* a bit as well. :)
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Lady Tevar, again, I am so sorry for your loss.

That would be a serious injury for anyone. Martin was surrounded by those who loved him at the end, and that's no bad thing.

Please do take care of yourself, Lady. You deserve love and care and kindness, especially right now.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

From early conversations on AIM, he was always a kind and understanding person.

I will miss him.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

My condolences to all of his friends and family.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

As only an occasional poster I didn't have the chance to interact with SirNitram much, but it would have been impossible to miss his presence - his humour, his intelligence, and his wisdom.

My deepest, deepest condolences to LadyTevar and all those others affected. I am sorry for your loss.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Oh Tev, I am so sorry. You and Nit had something very special. Words cannot describe. I wish I could give you a hug right now. Your kind words meant so much to me after my father died.

Please take care of yourself. Your friends and your family will be there for you. These next few weeks will be the purest form of hell you have ever experienced. But you will recover. Your friends and your family care very much for you. Let them help out any way you can tolerate. We are here for you whenever you need us.

:(
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Tyralak
Youngling

Post by Tyralak »

I always said it would take someone dying to get me to step foot back in this shithole, but dammit, Martin! You didn't have to volunteer as tribute! We didn't always get along back in the old days, but man did I respect the hell out of you. I am truly going to miss our arguments. It seems just yesterday I was debating gun control and police brutality with you on Facebook. Wait, that WAS yesterday. Damn sneaky way to get the last word, if you ask me. I would say that you will be missed, but you already are, old friend. Rest in peace.

LadyTevar, I have no words to express the sympathy I feel for you and your kin. Just know that he was loved by many, and he left a hell of an impact on this world.
Tyralak,
Supreme Commander Of The Imperial Romulan Warbird, Psionax.

Official ASVS Token Trekkie

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Re: SirNitram has passed away

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

LadyTevar wrote: He had broken his femur at the bottom of the ball-joint, where it's the thinnest. He'd started vomitting about 5 minutes after he'd fallen, which was the first sign we knew it was serious, but not that it was internal bleeding. It seems he damaged an artery, and it was emptying into his belly. They couldn't go inside, because the fluid (Ascites) on his stomach was acting as a pressure bandage to slow the flow as much as it could. The Blood and the Ascites both were causing respiratory failure from the pressure on his organs.
So, if they drained fluid to allow him to breathe, they'd loosen the pressure keeping him from bleeding out totally. As it was, the last two hours he was leaking blood from every hole. They couldn't get his blood to clot.

So... his liver kept him alive long enough to kill him, that showboat.

The two of you have been some of my oldest and most constant friends Tev. It will take me a few days to really process that he is gone. But right now, all I can really think is "Now I have to fulfil my promise to necromancy his soul." and "a fall? Really? Out of everything, he goes out like H.R. Giger?"

I like to think he would laugh at both lines of thought. If you need anything, let me know hon.

:luv: :(
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Dragon Angel
Jedi Knight

Post by Dragon Angel »

Oh no.....

I'm so sorry, Tev. :( I didn't know him well, but from his posts I could see that he had a solid moral character, and the attitude to uphold it.

Rest in peace.
"I could while away the hours, conferrin' with the flowers, consultin' with the rain.
And my head I'd be scratchin', while my thoughts were busy hatchin', if I only had a brain!
I would not be just a nothin', my head all full of stuffin', my heart all full of pain.
I would dance and be merry, life would be would be a ding-a-derry, if I only had a brain!"
eyl
Jedi Knight

Post by eyl »

LadyTev, my deepest condolences to you.

Baruch dayan emet.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

He was one of the best when I first started, and although he was posting less recently he will be missed. Rest in peace SirNitram.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
B5B7
Jedi Knight

Post by B5B7 »

My condolences to Lady Tevar, Martin's family, and all those who loved him.
TVWP: "Janeway says archly, "Sometimes it's the female of the species that initiates mating." Is the female of the species trying to initiate mating now? Janeway accepts Paris's apology and tells him she's putting him in for a commendation. The salamander sex was that good."
"Not bad - for a human"-Bishop to Ripley
GALACTIC DOMINATION Empire Board Game visit link below:
GALACTIC DOMINATION