Jedi Master

Re: In Memoriam: Martin Kemmish / SirNitram

Post by Eframepilot »

My condolences.
Tiriol
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tiriol »

My condolences. I didn't know him very well, but even I could see the brilliant wit behind the avatar icon and the level of commitment he had for LadyTevar and vice versa. The board will be that much poorer without Martin. My sincerest condolences, once again. May he rest in peace.
Confiteor Deo omnipotenti; beatae Mariae semper Virgini; beato Michaeli Archangelo; sanctis Apostolis, omnibus sanctis... Tibit Pater, quia peccavi nimis, cogitatione, verbo et opere, mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa! Kyrie Eleison!

The Imperial Senate (defunct) * Knights Astrum Clades * The Mess
blahface
Padawan Learner

Post by blahface »

I don't visit this board regularly and I didn't know SirNitram very well, but it is because of posters like him that I feel like I am getting something out of coming here. This is a great loss for the board and I can't imagine what a loss it must be to his family and friends. It is so tragic and frustrating for someone to pass away at such a young age.
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Goddamnit, I barely knew the guy, and it still hurts. :(

But it really reminds me of this article I skimmed in an old Readers' Digest about how even the strangers you regularly pass by in your daily life are still a part of it.
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Alex Moon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Alex Moon »

My condolences to Lady Tevar and to SirNitram's whole family. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.
Warwolves | VRWC | BotM | Writer's Guild | Pie loves Rei
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Although I never got the chance to meet him at any of the ASVS/SDN meetups, I still have great memories of the STGODs we participated in. He was an excellent writer with a terrific wit and without too much hyperbole I believe I can say the world is diminished by his passing.

Lady Tevar, you have my deepest condolences for your loss. Although my wife and I have only been married half as long as you and Nitram were, we've known each other for eighteen years and I can't even fathom what it would be like without her. I would try to say more, but I find myself at a loss for words.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Dass.Kapital
Padawan Learner

Post by Dass.Kapital »

As a very small time poster and more of a lurker I have never interacted with SirNitram, however Lady Tevar has offered myself much in the way of support when my time had more space for offering up the smattering of words I called writing.

I do remember reading his words and know they brought me knowledge and pleasure.

Would that I could offer more than words upon a screen for your loss Lady Tevar. My thoughts go out to you and yours.

Sincerely to Lady Tevar and family, my deepest condolences.
Highlord Laan wrote:Agatha Heterodyne built a squadron of flying pigs and an overgunned robot reindeer in a cave! With a box of scraps!
"And low, I have cometh, the destroyer of threads."
irishmick79
Rabid Monkey

Post by irishmick79 »

I used to post more regularly, and have since become more of a lurker. SirNitram was always one of the more interesting posters, even if I didn't always agree with him, and his presence (as well as many, many others) helped to draw me to this community. That, and his screen name made me feel stupid because it took me an embarrassingly long time to realize that it was his first name spelled backwards...

That aside, my condolences and sympathies to SirNitram and Tevar.
"A country without a Czar is like a village without an idiot."
- Old Russian Saying
Jedi Master

Post by avatarxprime »

I don't really know what else to say other than my condolences to Lady Tevar and SirNitram's family. I didn't interact with him much, but from what I gathered from his posts he was a witty guy with a good sense of humor about himself and knew how to cut to the heart of a matter. He will be missed.
RecklessPrudence
Padawan Learner
Location: Largest Island, Sol III - invasion not recommended, terrain and wildlife extremely hostile.

Post by RecklessPrudence »

Whoa... I'm almost entirely a lurker, for years before I even registered, and lately have mostly been back on occasion to check on a few stories I like, but...

I didn't interact with SirNitram much, but every time I saw his avatar on a post I knew I was going to be reading a good one. As shallow as this may seem considering I never even exchanged posts with him, some of his posts - some of his opinions, and his excellent ways of presenting them; they left me with a deep respect for the man. I believe I've even got something in my sig derived from one of his posts, or his old sig - I'm sorry, I forget what exactly I stole the bit about the Autistic Conspiracy from.

LadyTevar, as little as this may do, my condolences for your loss. Hug your kittens and remember the good times.
Yes, I know my username is an oxyMORON, thankyou for pointing that out, you're very clever.

MEMBER: Evil Autistic Conspiracy. Working everyday to get as many kids immunized as possible to grow our numbers.

'I don't believe in gunship diplomacy, but a couple of battleships in low orbit over my enemy's capital can't but help negotiations.'
CJvR
Sith Devotee

Post by CJvR »

Sir Nit is gone!?!? That's just... wrong!
Bad reality sneaking up on one in cyberspace like that.
I thought Roman candles meant they were imported. - Kelly Bundy
12 yards long, two lanes wide it's 65 tons of American pride, Canyonero! - Simpsons
Support the KKK environmental program - keep the Arctic white!
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Reading through the Sweevo thread in Memorium. I gasped for breath when I saw all the members we lost posting in one thread. :cry:

Losing my father 5 years ago changed me. I react to emotional moments far more than I used to. And this last week has brought back all sorts of memories over the years. We have a short time in this world. Cherish your friends and family.

Its my moms birthday on Saturday, and I intend on giving her a very big hug.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Isil`Zha
Jedi Knight

Post by Isil`Zha »

I don't check this forum very often, but I came back to find this. :( That really sucks, what an awful set of circumstances - my deepest condolences to you, Tevar.
Though we are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,--
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

My condolences.
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.
Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Post by Serafina »

My late condolences. Martins quote in my signature means quite a lot to me, so i'll miss him as a person who could say such things.
SoS:NBA GALE Force
"Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent." - Sir Nitram
"The world owes you nothing but painful lessons" - CaptainChewbacca
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." - Wilhelm Stekel
"In 1969 it was easier to send a man to the Moon than to have the public accept a homosexual" - Broomstick

Divine Administration - of Gods and Bureaucracy (Worm/Exalted)
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Crap... just saw this. Terrible news... :cry:

Rest in Peace Nitram. Maybe we didn't always see eye to eye, but I always had tremendous respect for your rapier wit and burning intolerance for injustice. Lady Tevar, please accept my heartfelt condolences.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
montypython
Jedi Master

Post by montypython »

It's always a shock when something like this happens. My condolences to LadyTevar and family.
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

Wow. I....never knew him that well but it's still sad. My heart goes out to Tevar and the rest of his family.
Nova Andromeda
Jedi Master

Post by Nova Andromeda »

Lady Tevar, you have my deepest sympathies. SDnet won't quite be the same without SirNitram. I've been on the board for a long time and the black mage avatar is a fixture. Like many of us here, he was also a proper geek before it was popular/sexy. I cannot imagine having to carry on and raise my kitties without their Mommy :(.

I hope time dulls your pain and new happiness finds you.
Nova Andromeda
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

I'm sorry in posting late, I can only echo the sentiments already said by all. He was one of the first forum mods here I had the pleasure of dealing with years ago and I always loved reading his posts. He was intelligent, well-versed, and articulated himself very well with authority and a razor-sharp wit.

All my Heart and Blessed Be, Tevar.

-Darth Lucifer/Maria
That NOS Guy
Jedi Council Member

Post by That NOS Guy »

I apologize for the late post, work considerations.

I only talked to Nit once, and it's stuck to me this day. It's funny to think that this was almost a decade ago, but I asked him a rather dumb question in retrospect and got a pretty good response in light of it. In my dark hours, in my trying times, it sticks with my like some sort of lighthouse in the horizon. The fact that one conversation with the man is enough to affect a life, that's the sign of a superb person. The world just got a little darker without him.
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Ah, shit.

I'm sorry, Tev.
XXXI
Shannon
Padawan Learner

Post by Shannon »

Oh, hell. You go away for a bit and this happens.

My deepest condolences, Lady Tevar. I think someone else already mentioned how lost they'd feel without their partner and having been married for 16 years I feel the same way. I can only imagine what you're going through. SirNitram was a guy with a very sharp mind and I envied the clarity of his posts. I often find myself re-reading his posts in Fantasy.

May he Rest in Peace.
"An elegant weapon, for a more civilised age".
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
The Nomad
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Nomad »

Wow. Words fail me. RIP SirNitram. My condolences to his kin and LadyTevar.
seanrobertson
Jedi Council Member

Post by seanrobertson »

Sweet Lady Tev, Kathy,

Please accept my sincerest condolences. Martin was a good man. I'll never forget him.

Yours, Sean
Pain, or damage, don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, ya got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man ... and give some back.
-Al Swearengen

Cry woe, destruction, ruin and decay: The worst is death, and death will have his day.
-Ole' Shakey's "Richard II," Act III, scene ii.