[Discussion] Custom title for Camel

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

Joe
Space Cowboy

[Discussion] Custom title for Camel

Post by Joe »

In light of his behavior in this thread, I recommend that he be given the title Tobacco Junkie, and I recommend that an OT mod HOS the thread.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

No, he'll just revel in it. Best to ignore such people.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

I recommend "Trash Chimp" over "Tobacco Junkie".

I hate people who just throw their butts on the ground. I swear, the grassy areas of my school, particularly along the paths are full of cigarette butts because assholes who can't be arsed to throw their ends away. I don't care if people smoke, but not even being unapologetic about rampant littering pisses me off.

EDIT: However, it occurs to me that he may just be a person on the boards trolling. After all, he's picked the name Camel, has a cigarette logo as an avatar and nothing else, and seems to be deliberately picking the worst, most unapologetic things to say in order to rile people up. That smells funny, and I don't mean like tobacco.

EDIT PART 2 (Electric Boogaloo): As I noticed after the fact and Oni Koneko Damien pointed out to me, his join date is actually from Nov. of 2005. So he didn't make the account to troll Superman's thread specifically. However, it still smells trollish to me that his entire posting history is confined to two threads and the smoking thing is one of them.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Sonnenburg
Official Dave Barry Clone

Post by Sonnenburg »

Dalton wrote:No, he'll just revel in it. Best to ignore such people.
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. Ten posts on the board, he's just looking for attention.
Chuck

Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Gil Hamilton wrote:EDIT: However, it occurs to me that he may just be a person on the boards trolling. After all, he's picked the name Camel, has a cigarette logo as an avatar and nothing else, and seems to be deliberately picking the worst, most unapologetic things to say in order to rile people up. That smells funny, and I don't mean like tobacco.
The fact he seems to be trolling immediately struck me as well.
EDIT PART 2 (Electric Boogaloo): As I noticed after the fact and Oni Koneko Damien pointed out to me, his join date is actually from Nov. of 2005. So he didn't make the account to troll Superman's thread specifically. However, it still smells trollish to me that his entire posting history is confined to two threads and the smoking thing is one of them.
Perhaps it would be clearer to say his entire posting history is one post in another thread six months ago, and nine here.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

yes don't feed the attention whores or the trollers.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

You do ban them though, if they don't shape up.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Why give this pissant a title?

He's contributed shit so far, and really the thought is if this all he's given, either wait and see if he shows any sign...or ban the worthless fuck.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete