[Discussion] Nominations for a New Senator - March 04

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

[Discussion] Nominations for a New Senator - March 04

Post by Connor MacLeod »

since Knife kicked off the last one and because the Feb. discussion technically ran into March (:P ) I figured we might as well get a head start on the new nominations.

And in that case, I'm going to nominate Surlethe. The poor guy's been in the running for two months now and I think its clear from the process that there is a not-insiginificant percentage of Senators that feel his addition would not be a bad thing.

Having seen him in some of the more recent discussions over the past few months, I've come to the conclusion that they are indeed correct.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

I nominate Big Steve.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Stuart Mackey
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press

Post by Stuart Mackey »

I would like to seconed Surlethe

I would also propose that Rt honourable Connor Macleod be chastised for not nominating correctly.
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

Jean Omer Marie Gabriel Monnet
--------------
Stuart Mackey
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press

Post by Stuart Mackey »

Alyeska wrote:I nominate Big Steve.
Mr Chancellor! It is a matter of disgrace that Ministers of this Government cannot nominate members to this house correctly!
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

Jean Omer Marie Gabriel Monnet
--------------
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

I've had a very bad day, so don't even think about it.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

*smacks Mackey*

I'm pretty sure by now people know who Surlethe is. He's only been on the nomination trail for what, 2 months going on three now.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

I can't nominate or second, but I'll take the opportunity to support Surlethe. The guy is due.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

RedImperator wrote:I can't nominate or second, but I'll take the opportunity to support Surlethe. The guy is due.
I'll take care of it.

I second Surlethe.
JADAFETWA
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Stuartt also seconded Surlethe already :P
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Connor MacLeod wrote:Stuartt also seconded Surlethe already :P
Bah, New Zelanders don't count! Everyone knows they got wiped out during the Lord of the Rings. :P

But anyway, I'll think about another nomination.
JADAFETWA
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

The Kernel.

[edit]Oops! I retract this for now, until I've had a chance to dig through the archives and find a good thread.
Last edited by Joe on 2006-03-05 04:40pm, edited 2 times in total.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

If we could just toss out names with out links, I'd have nominated someone earlier. :?
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

Knife wrote:If we could just toss out names with out links, I'd have nominated someone earlier. :?
Well, Surlethe's name has been tossed out without a link because plenty were provided the first time we nominated him, and he's not undergone a radical personality change in the last two months. The Kernel's nomination has been withdrawn, pending the nominating governor dredging up links supporting the nomination.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

I would like to reiterate that according to the current nomination policy, Governors cannot nominate potential Senators; they may only be nominated by other Senators.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Well, I get an F for Reading Comprehension then. Sorry!

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Alyeska can't nominate, but I will. I nominate Big Steve, he is more then qualified.

Can I get a second?
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

I can second that.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Nothing against Steve, but you'll have to provide some links Chris.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.