Voice in the Crowd - getting non-senate points raised here

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Voice in the Crowd - getting non-senate points raised here

Post by Rob Wilson »

OK, so your not a member of the Senate but you have a great point to make about an ongoing discussion/A talking point you want aired/an improvement you'd like implemented/other. {delete as applicable}

How do you go about it. Well you could bitch and moan in chat/OT/Testing and hope that a Senate member happens to see it and, rather than take the piss out of you for being spectacularly stupid, miraculously decides to push that point... not likely.

You could send PM after Pm to all the Senate members demanding your voice be heard and heard now damn it! which will get those PMs circle filed really quickly.

Or you could send a single PM to a Senate member (be it Senator, Governor, Chancellor or Executor) you know or respect (yes I know, fooling myself there :P), and ask (not demand) them to raise it for you. So what happens next?

1. In the case of a point in an ongoing discussion the Senate member will copy the part of the PM with the point in it, and paste it into a new post in that thread, explaining they've been asked to do so. They do not have to say who asked them to make it, nor disclose that info when asked, unless they want to.

It is upto the Senate member to decide if they will then continue advocating that point in the discussion. If they don't then, in the case of a well made point, the Chairman will play advocate for it until it's resolved.

2. In the case of a New talking point you want aired, the senate member will decide if it's a proper matter for the Senate (ie, it's a serious point). If so they will start a new thread with the header [Point]. They should either Copy/Paste the argument as written in the PM, or work with the suggester to better word it if required. Again they do not have to say who made the suggestion, nor answer a question about who asked them, unless they want to.

3.In the case of improvements or changes to the board you think should be made, you again lay them out in a PM. The Senate member will decide if it has merit, and if it has will pass it on by PM to a Senate member of Governor or higher title.
They will then float that idea to the other Mods and Mike. If the board software, or other reason prohibit that suggestion from being affected, they will contact the original Senate member and they can pass the message on.
If however it's doable and the Admins don't have a problem with any extra workload it might involve to implement it. It is put up as a [Discussion] topic on the board.

4. Depending on what the 'Other' is, it will be upto the Senate members disgression as to whether they pass it on, pass it to a Governor or higher, or dismiss it.

5. Stupid/timewasting idea's will be circle filed!

6. Repeatedly harrassing Senate members will get that person precisely one warning, then a Temp-ban!

I'll note here, that if it's a point you want raising in a Vote, don't bother PMing the Chancellor. I can't take sides in a vote, nor unduly influence it's outcome whilst it's open. My only posts in a vote are to establish status quo or sort out confusions as to subject.

Also if you want your name attached to a point, then specifically say so in the PM, the default is for Senate members to paste text anonymously.

So now you know. Just because you've PMed a Senate member doesn't mean your point will automatically be passed/win/become policy.
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Re: Voice in the Crowd - getting non-senate points raised he

Post by Rob Wilson »

Updated it to include info on the policy for anonymity when Quoting points sent in PM's.
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back