[Member] Nominations for new Senator - JAN 06

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

[Member] Nominations for new Senator - JAN 06

Post by Rob Wilson »

So, the format:
You each make a post nominating a new member for Senatorship. In that nomination, you give a link to their Profile, and a few links to posts/threads in which you feel they have shown their abilities. You also give them a short write up.

If someone nominates your choice before you, then simply post that you second the nomination (you can add few additional links and comments as well if you wish).

Senators only may Nominate (No Governors, Chancellor, Executors or Emperor).

Remember, if anyone asks you to be nominated they are banned from nomination. If someone asks for another person to be nominated, then the person asking is banned from nomination and the person they suggested will be discussed.

Once we have all nominations (thread is locked on the 25th), then the nominations go into a vote. Everyone except the Chancellor can vote. In the event of a tie, the Chancellor casts his vote.

Right then boys and girls get nominating.
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

How about Mad? He's a user on SD.net and SB.. he's incredibly intelligent, a frighteningly capable debator (at least in the SW vein) and I've known him for years now. Noone better you'd want at your back in a debate (in fact if I need help I still call on him, because of how good he is.)

Added Link to Mad's Profile - Rob the Linking Chairman
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Connor MacLeod wrote:How about Mad? He's a user on SD.net and SB.. he's incredibly intelligent, a frighteningly capable debator (at least in the SW vein) and I've known him for years now. Noone better you'd want at your back in a debate (in fact if I need help I still call on him, because of how good he is.)
Could you give links to some of his debates on the board? I'll edit the link to his profile into your post if you want.
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Rob Wilson wrote:
Connor MacLeod wrote:How about Mad? He's a user on SD.net and SB.. he's incredibly intelligent, a frighteningly capable debator (at least in the SW vein) and I've known him for years now. Noone better you'd want at your back in a debate (in fact if I need help I still call on him, because of how good he is.)
Could you give links to some of his debates on the board? I'll edit the link to his profile into your post if you want.
Him vs Yogi, a well known comic fanboy

Mad on his thrashing a troll at SB

flak/shields discussion against Stas Bush

discussion about ST antimatter inspired by debate he had with vivftp

Mad links to his well-known blaster/TL/laser theory

Mad involved in debate with tjhairball

There's nearly 50 pages of this stuff, but that should be a good sampling. He's usually involved in some of the major discussions (or was), especially if it involves firepower or blasters or computers.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

In retrospect I think I will nominate: Kamikazi Sith. our little ASVS rotwiller puppy has almost grown up....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Profile on Kamakazie Sith

*edit* Also forgot that I will second his nomination.
Last edited by CmdrWilkens on 2006-01-24 12:19am, edited 1 time in total.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Well.... I can't second the guy, sincee I already used up my vote, but I can say, he's a decent nomination too! (I think I can say that, can't I? *Bribes Rob to make it okay*)

Edit: DOH! I forgot! Don't we need a bit of an idea of his contributions and whatnot? I have a vague idea about the guy (I remember him from his time on SB as well, and some of the things on here ,but I can't remember any exact or notable exploits. In fact, I'd thought he wasn't around anymore.)
The Yosemite Bear

remember when poor KS wrote Stardesroyers Rampant?

:lol:

god that was an awful fic.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:remember when poor KS wrote Stardesroyers Rampant?

:lol:

god that was an awful fic.
Colin that was Kaz Shimazaki, not Kamakazie Sith.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
The Yosemite Bear

opps

The Yosemite Bear

no definatly not

I just kept thinking Kamakazi wrote that POS, for some unknown reason. just like I keep kalling Kynes by Demies Anomaly's real name.....

for those who don't understand, my brain gets kinda fucked in it's associations, and how it remembers names. but generally gets the majority right. It leads to embarrassing things like this, but it's mostly harmless.

Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Now if Kynes were here... Definitely Kynes.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Connor MacLeod wrote:Now if Kynes were here... Definitely Kynes.
If we have Kynes, then we'd have Boyd.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
The Yosemite Bear

well if we had boyd then mike could have heart palpatations... :twisted:

GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

In light of his recent part in the dismantling of the late, unlamented anarchist troll, his slapping around of Axis Kast and his general ability to construct coherent arguments, I nominate Surlethe for potential Senate membership.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

I second that. Surlethe is a good pick.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Kuroneko
Jedi Council Member

Post by Kuroneko »

GrandMasterTerwynn wrote:In light of his recent part in the dismantling of the late, unlamented anarchist troll, his slapping around of Axis Kast and his general ability to construct coherent arguments, I nominate Surlethe for potential Senate membership.
I second Surlethe's nomination.
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

LadyTevar wrote:
Connor MacLeod wrote:Now if Kynes were here... Definitely Kynes.
If we have Kynes, then we'd have Boyd.
Boyd can be locked in the basement with the rest of the trolls.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Today is JANUARY 25th, and we got three nominations, two of them late in the game. Stand by for a vote thread.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.