The Peanut gallery

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

The Peanut gallery

Post by Rob Wilson »

This Forum can be viewed by all, but only Senate members can post. Therefore it behooves the Senators to not make cutting remarks about the normal everyday folk secure in the knowledge they can't answer back... Must control evil urges.

As to the non-Senators, well you just might want to look in once a week as in the future it might just be worth your while - though in the meantime it'll mainly be Senators making cutting remarks about you, secure in the knowledge you can't answer back, hey what can I say, it's human nature. :)
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Re: The Peanut gallery

Post by Rob Wilson »

And just so the non-Senators don't get any idea's about pesterng to join, you can find the Usergroup requirements here. I'd pay heed to the last sentence of the Senates requirements if you want to join. :wink:
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Rob Wilson wrote:This Forum can be viewed by all, but only Senate members can post. Therefore it behooves the Senators to not make cutting remarks about the normal everyday folk secure in the knowledge they can't answer back...
Hmmm. This would therefore be a good place for show trials (or real ones, I guess), and the accumulation of evidence for same. If a troublesome type wished to make a plea or present a case/defense for a questionable action, would they PM a Senator or post it elsewhere for the public to view and/or comment on?

Very nice. Someone can tune in and see their stock rise or fall as the winds of whim change... heheh.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Coyote wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:This Forum can be viewed by all, but only Senate members can post. Therefore it behooves the Senators to not make cutting remarks about the normal everyday folk secure in the knowledge they can't answer back...
Hmmm. This would therefore be a good place for show trials (or real ones, I guess), and the accumulation of evidence for same. If a troublesome type wished to make a plea or present a case/defense for a questionable action, would they PM a Senator or post it elsewhere for the public to view and/or comment on?

Very nice. Someone can tune in and see their stock rise or fall as the winds of whim change... heheh.
Still open for suggestions, but the only problem with that is they couldn't defend themselves. There is something similar in the First draft of the Rules I've written, so wait out on that.

Image Image
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Rob Wilson wrote:
Coyote wrote:Hmmm. This would therefore be a good place for show trials (or real ones, I guess), and the accumulation of evidence for same. If a troublesome type wished to make a plea or present a case/defense for a questionable action, would they PM a Senator or post it elsewhere for the public to view and/or comment on?

Still open for suggestions, but the only problem with that is they couldn't defend themselves. There is something similar in the First draft of the Rules I've written, so wait out on that.
This is a democracy, being able to defend yourself is no requirement for the rule of our law to be enforced. That said I think quite a few of us are just rather curious in that the broad scope of powers and duties is still only vaugely constructed at this point. Lacking that I get the feeling we might have a few discussions on matters like this (or in other words get us the rules now for debate :D )

Quotes fixed - Rob the Tidy Chairman
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

CmdrWilkens wrote: This is a democracy, being able to defend yourself is no requirement for the rule of our law to be enforced. That said I think quite a few of us are just rather curious in that the broad scope of powers and duties is still only vaugely constructed at this point. Lacking that I get the feeling we might have a few discussions on matters like this (or in other words get us the rules now for debate :D )
You think people chosen for their intelligent contributions and displayed debating skills need rules on how to conduct a debate?

Um. :?

If it's the rules for the Forum you can find them here. And they are pretty specific.

Image Image
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Rob Wilson wrote:You think people chosen for their intelligent contributions and displayed debating skills need rules on how to conduct a debate?

If it's the rules for the Forum you can find them here. And they are pretty specific.
Rules moreso as in scope of powers than the nature of the debate.

Addendum: By this I don't mean what was spelled out in the "rules" thread but rather I'm looking for a statement of the purpose and procedure so that we might debate whether in fact that is the purpose and procedure we wish to adopt. If I'm still not making sense just assume you'll answer my question at some future point and make sly comments about how the jarhead got a bit too much sand stuck in the jar.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Stuart Mackey
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press

Post by Stuart Mackey »

CmdrWilkens wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:You think people chosen for their intelligent contributions and displayed debating skills need rules on how to conduct a debate?

Rules moreso as in scope of powers than the nature of the debate.

Addendum: By this I don't mean what was spelled out in the "rules" thread but rather I'm looking for a statement of the purpose and procedure so that we might debate whether in fact that is the purpose and procedure we wish to adopt. If I'm still not making sense just assume you'll answer my question at some future point and make sly comments about how the jarhead got a bit too much sand stuck in the jar.
I think you refer to conventions or unwritten rules/guidelines?
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

Jean Omer Marie Gabriel Monnet
--------------
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Stuart Mackey wrote:
I think he wants guidelines added for Discussion of Board policy and Debates raised in here. Fair enough I'll draft something and add it to the Power and Perks thread.

Thanks for raising the point Greg, admittedly in a very confused matter, but then you still seem to be carrying some excess sand in that baby-faced Jarhead. :P

Image Image
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Rob Wilson wrote:
Stuart Mackey wrote:
I think he wants guidelines added for Discussion of Board policy and Debates raised in here. Fair enough I'll draft something and add it to the Power and Perks thread.

Thanks for raising the point Greg, admittedly in a very confused matter, but then you still seem to be carrying some excess sand in that baby-faced Jarhead. :P
Amazingly enough when someone else says it for me, you two guys awww I just love ya(imagine me drunk here), I become much more coherent and my point gets across. That and the sand is a GREAT excuse whenever I say something stupid to my girlfriend (though since this happens about everyday I think its wearing thin)

-Kingdom of Heaven
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

CmdrWilkens wrote:imagine me drunk here
Imagine? :P

Image Image
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Rob Wilson wrote:
I've only had three drinks tonight, there's work tomorrow.

-Kingdom of Heaven
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

CmdrWilkens wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:
I've only had three drinks tonight, there's work tomorrow.
I've drunk out of 5 gallon watercans filled with beer and Vodka before, so 3 drinks could be enough to give alchohol poisoning to a small village. :P

Image Image