More Mods needed for STGODS?

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

Coyote
Rabid Monkey

More Mods needed for STGODS?

Post by Coyote »

The mods for STGODs section are Keevan Colton and Lagmonster; I have no complaints about how they're handling the forum but part of the reason there don't seem to be any complaints is because they don't seem to be there much. Mr. Bean has sort of adopted the forum, which is working out just fine.

But do we need more or other mods for the STGODs forum? It's pretty light duty, really just locking threads that reach established length limits. If Bean doesn't mind continuing in this capacity, then we can leave the situation alone.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Re: More Mods needed for STGODS?

Post by Mr Bean »

I don't mind continuing in this capacity, it's light work, I get PM's from time to time asking lock this, sticky that and it's taken care off.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

I would say the STGODs themseles need internal mods, that is the games need a means of policing themselves, but from an administrative angle there doesn't sem to be the kind of workload neccessarry for another mini-mod.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

As far as STGODs go, it helps to have someone around who can lock and delete posts to get rid of the few idiots who try to ruin games, but other than that, it's pretty light duty, and yeah, most of it is handled internally by game mods/referees. Problem is finding someone willing to give up that much time to herd cats.
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

How about this then, STGOD's are slow running games, we can always go the mini-mod route for the duration of the STGOD.
All we'd need is a Admin willing to turn mini-mod powers on and off for the duration.

The current method at present is Internal Mods PM myself with posts needing deleted/moved/split and I take care of it, in most cases within about twelve hours at the latest.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Maybe Coyote should be elevated as he already is the prime mod for the SNDWars game.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs