[Discussion] Expanding the mailboxes of Senators.

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

[Discussion] Expanding the mailboxes of Senators.

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

You know, since one of our jobs is to get PMed by people and respond to their PMs, and address their concerns in the Senate, well, now with the resurgent upsurge in commentary I actually find my mailbox very close to overfilling (84%) with just a couple of days of aggressive PM exchanges, a week at most.

Is there any way to expand mailbox capacity just for Senators so that we can deal with the unusually high volume of PMs that our stated job role means that we're probably encounter in the future as the board's population becomes more involved like this?
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Re: [Discussion] Expanding the mailboxes of Senators.

Post by fgalkin »

I got maybe 5 PMs total over the past few days. Nobody likes me :(

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

While my initial reaction is "Oh dear god please yes", that's largely because I'm a horrible packrat.

I'd say as a perk, if possible, give senators a small boost to our capacity. If not, well, if we get the House of Commons going, we won't really need it anymore, with any luck.
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Real quick:

This thread needs to go on hiatus until after we resolve the 10 other open issues. I agree we should maybe talk about this but there is enough stuff on our plate right now and it'd be best for us to focus down a little.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

Odd. The only PMs I ever get are reminders to vote from our friendly Whip.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

I got about 5 PM's this time around. I think perhaps the Duchess got more because of the nature of some of the disputes, as she is the one transsexual senator we're aware of.

My box filled up, but then I'm a packrat and it's my fault. If this becomes a problem with all senators then yes, let's revisit the issue.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Ace Pace has shown me how to inflate the sizes of our inboxes without inflating our egos.

Okay, that last part was all me, but here we go:

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=options

Use that to make additional folders for various things, and dump your PMs there to keep your inbox full. It appears you can make an effectively unlimited number, thus resolving the issue.

Thanks again Ace.
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!