April Nominations

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

April Nominations

Post by Imperial Overlord »

In the great and (in my area) wet month of April I wish to nominate Eleas
to join our august and highly corrupt ranks.

Some notable threads:

Fuck revisionist history

Literary discussion

Mandatory vs. stuff
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

I gladly second the nomination.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Surprised he's not in already, really.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Alright then, Eleas has been nominated and seconded. If you have further nominations please remember there are only 14 nominating days left :D
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Connor MacLeod wrote:Can we carry Ted C over from last month?
Sure, I'll second that, if examples are given of his debating to evaluate.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Connor MacLeod wrote:Can we carry Ted C over from last month?
Not to repeat Surlethe but 1) He does need to be nominated again AND
2) If someone could dig up some examples it might be helpful.

Again the only requirement is for a nomination and a second for someone to be placed on the ballot. However, supporting threads are useful to those who have not interacted with a paticular candidate.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Well fine, I'll re-nominate Ted.

The most obvious reference for Ted would be Babtech-onthe.net, where he's contributed heavily to the site. He's done alot of the firepower calcs, the calculators on the site, and he's participated in the "hate mail" page with his take on Adarx (seen here)

He's also dealt with rabid fivers in this thread, specifically page 3, page 6, page 8, pages 9 and 10. The link starts on page 3, where he's dealing with Elizar.

He's also dealt with Darkstar, specifically his analyiss of the Rise asteroid page and his own debate with Darkstar on Spacebattles.

Those are the big things I can remember off the top of my head, and anyone who has debated with Darkstar is worthy of respect IMHO (nevermind rabid Fivers.)

More recnetly, I dont think he actually gets "deeply" involved in any debates per se, but notable examples include the "Is the federation communist" debate

More recent debates of of a nonscifi variety might be the "Biodiesel question" discussion, and the "Martial Arts for women" discussion.

How's that?
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

I will happily second the nomination. So that makes 2 current contestants and we have another 8 nominating days left.

-Kingdom of Heaven
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Come on, you Eleas supporters, get out there and vote! We only need one more to tie this thing up, and he's one of the best of the old ASVS crew who isn't here yet.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I can't pull a 19th century Democrat or 21st century Republican and vote twice Sherriff.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin