[Discussion] VI time for Voluntaryist?

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

RedImperator wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:Problem is confining him is much more difficult and far less productive. If this could've been done...there would be many posters this particular punishment would've been enacted upon.
There's no difficulty at all. Tell him he's not allowed to post in any threads (or maybe only not allowed to post in any debate threads) until the debate in the Collisseum is over. If he does, he's banned.
Yes, because that will put him straight beyond just asking random admin "Whack him please."?

The fucker has shown he does not listen, and will just do what he pleases. Given that he asked Mike for this shot, and Mike wants to see it concluded, I say we wait. Mike will either ban him because he's not debating, or he will concede and the arena has gotten some use from it.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Then let's just tell him: "You have 10 days to address the subject. If you do not, you will be banned."

That is all.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

As far as I see this just boils down to two possibilities:

1.) he continues the debate with Surlethe, and refrains from ignoring it to post elsewhere.

2.) or we just end it, punish him (if necceessary) and move on.

As far as #2 goes, I only think that's erally the province of Mike or Surlethe and Voly mutually. We coudl take Voly's behaviour as proof he wants to "end" it, but we can leave it up to Surlethe (and/or Mike) as to whether it shoudl end at this point.

I'm inclined to think that unless Voly actually promises to stop posting in other threads and focus on the debate, there's no real way to stop him short of actual banning (or threat of, as some suggest.) But does anyone think he'll listen?

I suppose we could just deliver the ultimatum, unless he can come up with a good reason (via a PM) as to WHY we should allow him to continue. And in case for some reason he's not aware of our little discussion (unliekly as it is) I suppose someone could alert him (if they cared - I don't really.)
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Wyrm just sent me a good suggestion: confine Volly to the Coliseum by simply deleting his posts in other forums. This could be accomplished by any supermod clicking on "see all posts by this user" and deleting any made outside the Coliseum after the ultimatum date. It would take about ten seconds a day for one supermod and would get the point across.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Plus, it was pointed out to me by a SDNetizen that the last post in the Coliseum is, indeed, by Voly, so there is a certain amount of disingenuous debate going on involving his participation...
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

After his last HOSing I am reverting my position to ban support. He's too much of a nuisance and no fun at all by this time.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali