[Discussion]Repeals of Custom Titles?

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

Coyote
Rabid Monkey

[Discussion]Repeals of Custom Titles?

Post by Coyote »

An anonymous constitiuent has asked me to bring this question to the floor--
Are there any guidelines for when "on probation" or custom titles users will lose their derigatory custom titles or other punishments?
Obviously, they'll always be on a shorter leash in case of future offences, but in the case of users who have shown improvement (IF not anything immensely drastic, but enough to show sincere attempts at reformation and improved behaviour), when is the rough "time-limit" after which they can petition for their custom title, av loss, sig limits, or other punishments to be revoked?
--while we've had off-and-on discussions about this in the past and typically it ends up being a case-by-case basis type of review. If a cutom-titled person feels that they have improved their behaviour and it has not really been noticed, do they have recourse to petition for the revocation of their restrictions?
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Honestly has always been a dictate of whether the person in question in the eyes of the moderators deserve a repeal. And if you want an explaination of why so few are repealed? Because of former idiots and the fact most of those titled tend to revert to ways that earned them the title in the first place. Especially on subjects that specfically got them the title.

Whole reason we have temporary titles, because those people we feel do learn and this was a lapse of judgement.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

We've repealed a custom title by vote here once so certainly if someone feels, and they have evidence to support, a honest change of direction they could either petition one of the Admins or mods or alternatively present their case to the Senate. I don't think there is or should be a formal or paticular way to go about doing so. Petitioning the Mod/Admin staff has the benifit of privacy for a user who may have flown under the radar in an attempt to rehabilitate an image and seeks to keep the privacy until and unless their title is revoked. The Senate option MAY get faster response but brings the whole mess back out into public. So basically I think if a user with a negative custom title feels they have demonstrated true and sufficient cause to have it removed then they need to go the route which they find best because any way you look at it the Mod/Admin staff is going to review it.

As already noted, though, I don't think it too likely we are all to be in that forgiving of a mood without overwhelming evidence.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

I'd think that a related aspect is that one potential minor punishment is reverting a person's positive custom title down to the standard rank for a poster with that many posts. This could be a very minor punishment handed out in some limited circumstances where it seems that nothing else is warranted.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I mean Shep, Superman, and others have had thier's reversed...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

The main point is that all those who had their titles removed had improved themselves on this board.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet