[Discussion] New senator voting change?

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

[Discussion] New senator voting change?

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

To reflect the fact that we should neither desire to, nor necessarily consider it wise to, always elect twelve Senators per year, should we consider the possibility of arranging the votes so that someone must be proposed for nomination and seconded before a vote for that month will take place? It would seem to me that this would make the most sense, and would make the process easier insomuch as any person who chose to nominate someone would be the one who'd kick off the nominations thread, so that in months where there was interest in a Senate election the start of the process would be self-initiating, and the Whip could create the thread later, not necessarily associated with that month. Rather, there would simply be one election for all the people nominated in a given month, guaranteeing only twelve elections at the most, but allowing less if no-one was nominated for a particular month, and making the votes less time critical than they presently are.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Re: [Discussion] New senator voting change?

Post by CmdrWilkens »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:To reflect the fact that we should neither desire to, nor necessarily consider it wise to, always elect twelve Senators per year, should we consider the possibility of arranging the votes so that someone must be proposed for nomination and seconded before a vote for that month will take place? It would seem to me that this would make the most sense, and would make the process easier insomuch as any person who chose to nominate someone would be the one who'd kick off the nominations thread, so that in months where there was interest in a Senate election the start of the process would be self-initiating, and the Whip could create the thread later, not necessarily associated with that month. Rather, there would simply be one election for all the people nominated in a given month, guaranteeing only twelve elections at the most, but allowing less if no-one was nominated for a particular month, and making the votes less time critical than they presently are.

The NOMINATION thread is open to anyone to start. Quoting the rules here for good measure:
Section 2 wrote:Peon, I choose you! – Beginning on the 2nd of every month the forum shall be placed open for the nomination of prospective Senators. Nomination shall close on the 24th of each month (excepting February when it will close on the 21st). The nominees who have been seconded shall be placed into a poll by the Chancellor, the Whip, of an Executor whomever should be first available.
So basically if there are any nominations the only restriction is that there has to be a nomination and a 2nd before the 24th of each month and then the Whip/Chancellor/Admin opens the poll for entrance. if there are no valid nominations during the period from the 2nd to the 24th then there will be no poll. If there are 10 nominations then 10 names will be in the poll. So again there is no restriction on who begins nominating only that nomination is done between the 2nd and the 24th and voting takes place afterwards.

*Edit* As a further note please do review the rules since they are a bit changed from when we first started and with the exception of the rules language for the whip they are now current.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Re: [Discussion] New senator voting change?

Post by Dalton »

CmdrWilkens wrote:*Edit* As a further note please do review the rules since they are a bit changed from when we first started and with the exception of the rules language for the whip they are now current.
:oops: Did we write that yet?
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

It was voted on in this thread. Everything below the dashes. Thought I mentioned it to ya but if I forgot sorry.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

CmdrWilkens wrote:It was voted on in this thread. Everything below the dashes. Thought I mentioned it to ya but if I forgot sorry.
You probably did. I'll add that in now.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.